What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Just look on our Indonesian Strategic Industries before commenting Indonesia local defense industry as weak. We have made frigate, medium tank, rockets, electronics equipment and has program in place to build fighter jet, MALE UCAV, cruise missile, balistic missile.

PT PAL Director has said he has made unmanned submarine design that can launch torpedo that will be much cheaper than current conventional submarine.

Indonesia economy (nominal GDP) is projected to reach 4 trillion USD in 2035 according to CEBR, so we are likely to have large defense budget since 2030 inshaAllah, so you dont need to worry about Indonesia defense posture in the future

I think we know already your opinion and we know that you are US citizen, not part of Muslim world. We know what we do and I am here to bring good advice to my country.

I stand corrected in that post.. You can unquote me on that post. The issues is just that I felt He was to much of an infrastructure or economy guy which send the wrong alarms to my understanding and felt some sort of lack of urgency or not in line with things. But all in all I stand corrected here brother.. You can unquote me on that.I will certainly explore that thread more often and other developments. The Unmanned submarines sounds exciting. I will look further into that and some of the other ongoing projects

Last edited:
According to this guy some sort of "major defense contracts" has just been recently signed, and rumors abound in local military enthusiasts forums and FB pages that something major may indeed have happened :

However there are no news whatsoever regarding this supposed "major defense contract", not in local nor in international news outlets... which is really weird as our top brass really loved signing ceremonies, the photo ops, the spotlight, and the attention this kind of activities brings them... these signing ceremonies are always arranged even for minor defense contracts... so perhaps it's best to take this rumors with a truckload of salt...

#Fincantieri and the Ministry of Defense of #Indonesia, have signed a contract for the supply of 6 #FREMM frigates, the modernization and sale of 2 #Maestrale frigates, and the related logistical support. This order represents a success for Fincantieri and for the Country.

#Fincantieri and the Ministry of Defense of #Indonesia, have signed a contract for the supply of 6 #FREMM frigates, the modernization and sale of 2 #Maestrale frigates, and the related logistical support. This order represents a success for Fincantieri and for the Country.

It looks as if Prabowo has succeded and lets just say he has like minded people in the defense industry.. I think Indonesia is in good hands with folks like Prabowo around. He just wants to go bigger and bigger his never happy or satisfied. These types are good for the defense industries

It looks as if Prabowo has succeded and lets just say he has like minded people in the defense industry.. I think Indonesia is in good hands with folks like Prabowo around. He just wants to go bigger and bigger his never happy or satisfied. These types are good for the defense industries

More like some one that can be bribed easily, Italian defense company has previous corruption scandal in Indonesia for helicopter acquisition.

Japan has offered local construction of 4 frigates out of 8 and easy loan as well, while Denmark offer for all vessel made in Indonesia despite only 2 frigates, but he pick this one from Italy where the cooperation with our own local shipyard is just seen in the word "will see"

This contract is said need to have approval from Finance Minister or it will not become effective, I hope it will not pass

-----------------------

From their website

Fincantieri will be prime contractor for the entire program. The construction of the frigates will ensure significant employment benefits not only for several Italian shipyards of the Group in the next years, but also for other companies in the sector, namely Leonardo, as well as numerous small and medium-sized national companies, and will see the collaboration of the local PT-PAL shipyard (Java island).

Last edited:
More like some one that can be bribed easily, Italian defense company has previous corruption scandal in Indonesia for helicopter acquisition.

Japan has offered local construction of 4 frigates out of 8 and easy loan as well, while Denmark offer for all vessel made in Indonesia despite only 2 frigates, but he pick this one from Italy where the cooperation with our own local shipyard is just seen in the word "will see"

This contract is said need to have approval from Finance Minister or it will not become effective, I hope it will not pass

-----------------------

From their website

Fincantieri will be prime contractor for the entire program. The construction of the frigates will ensure significant employment benefits not only for several Italian shipyards of the Group in the next years, but also for other companies in the sector, namely Leonardo, as well as numerous small and medium-sized national companies, and will see the collaboration of the local PT-PAL shipyard (Java island).

I don't understand your beef with everything Prabowo.. The guy is great and his plans are initially good in my honest opinion and it looks like some of the higher ups are on the same wave-length as him.. It also looks like the contract has been signed.

I beg to disagree with you in regards to Prabowo driven plans they are initially pro-Indonesia and they do whatever they can that is good for the greater of the country

Last edited:
Good news, the Ministry of Defense and Dassault have signed the initial 36 Rafale contracts
CategoryNewsPosted onJune 10, 2021AuthorRNS Leave a comment

AIRSPACE REVIEW (airspace-review.com) – Good news from the planned purchase of defense equipment by the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Indonesia (Kemhan RI).
An Airspace Review source in Jakarta said the Indonesian Ministry of Defense and Dassault Aviation (the manufacturer of the Rafale ) from France had signed an initial contract for the procurement of 36 multi-role fighter jets.

The signing of the initial contract called the “Come Into Force” contract was signed on Monday, June 7, 2021 and will take effect in December 2021.
“The 'Come Into Force' contract was signed on Monday, June 7th. The contract will go into effect in December this year," said an AR source.
He added that Indonesia's journey to get the Rafale plane from France is still long.

The “Come Into Force” contract will then become the basis for the Effective Contract after all agreements between Indonesia and France are reached and Indonesia has paid an advance for the purchase of 36 Rafales.

Meanwhile, until now Indonesia and France have not reached agreement points for Trade Returns, Local Content and/or Offsets (IDKLO) in terms of the planned purchase of 36 Rafale .
As is known, Law no. 16 of 2012 concerning the Defense Industry mandates that the purchase of alpalhankam (defense and security equipment) from abroad must be accompanied by an IDKLO.
The plan to purchase Rafale fighter jets surfaced after the French daily, La Tribune, reported the intention of the Indonesian Minister of Defense Prabowo Subianto to buy this aircraft.
Prabowo met with the Minister of the French Armed Forces Florence Parly during a working visit in Paris, France on October 21, 2020.
In December 2020, La Tribune reported that Indonesia would buy 48 Rafale units from France.
Defense Minister Prabowo and Florence Parly
Special
Later, various reports stated that Indonesia would buy 36 Rafales from the Eiffel Tower country, not 48 as the initial reports.
Dassault has held a meeting with the Indonesian Ministry of Defense in Jakarta on February 21, 2021.
The Dassault team consists of Vice President Dassault Aviation Business Development Jean Claude Piccharillo and Vice President Offset Dassault Michael Paskoff.
Their arrival was received by the Director General of Defense Potential (Ditjen Pothan) of the Ministry of Defense Maj. Gen. Dadang Hendrayudha and the Director of Defense Industrial Technology (Dirtekindhan) Laksma TNI Sri Yanto.
RNS

I don't understand your beef with everything Prabowo.. The guy is great and his plans are initially good in my honest opinion and it looks like some of the higher ups are on the same wave-length as him.. It also looks like the contract has been signed.

I beg to disagree with you in regards to Prabowo driven plans they are initially pro-Indonesia and they do whatever they can that is good for the greater of the country

I somewhat agree with you, I feel Prabowo is taking his job seriously and does really care in improving the state of our armed forces... He has always been a smart, educated and sophisticated military man... it's just that his ego and ambition (or obsession) to become a president is rather worrying, he seems willing to associate with anyone that might support him for his presidency bid, regardless of that person / group orientation or ideology... he doesn't seem to care or worry that it's him that might be used, instead of the otherway around..

That being said, in addition to improve our armed forces, I believe he's also working seriously in order to score some good points between now and 2024.. If he can show the public that he is capable and can get good results, it will be an excellent campaign material for his 2024 presidency bid... :azn:😁

Anyway... this is how I imagine our Finance minister right now... or soon will be, once Prabowo hands her the bills... 😅

1623326767318.png
1623326849687.png

I somewhat agree with you, I feel Prabowo is taking his job seriously and does really care in improving the state of our armed forces... He has always been a smart, educated and sophisticated military man... it's just that his ego and ambition (or obsession) to become a president is rather worrying, he seems willing to associate with anyone that might support him for his presidency bid, regardless of that person / group orientation or ideology... he doesn't seem to care or worry that it's him that might be used, instead of the otherway around..

That being said, in addition to improve our armed forces, I believe he's also working seriously in order to score some good points between now and 2024.. If he can show the public that he is capable and can get good results, it will be an excellent campaign material for his 2024 presidency bid... :azn:😁

His taking his job serious and also the most important is that the government is on the same wave-length as he is which creates an ideal environment for everyone. otherwise the deal signings wouldn't have gone thru if the other sectors were not on-board which means they have pre-agreed and they are all on board and gave the green-light.

I think he could be elected and there are alot of other candidates that wants to gain the presidency next but we will see what happens in the future but a Prabowo lead government won't be bad and the same goes to the new candidates and I am sure whoever takes office will be on the same wave-length as Prabowo and I don't think there is any political difference in that regarded but maybe in some other areas related to the social life and developments but not in the military which is key and I have read the new potential leaders thread that @Indos made which was quite insightsful

Good news, the Ministry of Defense and Dassault have signed the initial 36 Rafale contracts
CategoryNewsPosted onJune 10, 2021AuthorRNS Leave a comment

AIRSPACE REVIEW (airspace-review.com) – Good news from the planned purchase of defense equipment by the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Indonesia (Kemhan RI).
An Airspace Review source in Jakarta said the Indonesian Ministry of Defense and Dassault Aviation (the manufacturer of the Rafale ) from France had signed an initial contract for the procurement of 36 multi-role fighter jets.

The signing of the initial contract called the “Come Into Force” contract was signed on Monday, June 7, 2021 and will take effect in December 2021.
“The 'Come Into Force' contract was signed on Monday, June 7th. The contract will go into effect in December this year," said an AR source.
He added that Indonesia's journey to get the Rafale plane from France is still long.

The “Come Into Force” contract will then become the basis for the Effective Contract after all agreements between Indonesia and France are reached and Indonesia has paid an advance for the purchase of 36 Rafales.

Meanwhile, until now Indonesia and France have not reached agreement points for Trade Returns, Local Content and/or Offsets (IDKLO) in terms of the planned purchase of 36 Rafale .
As is known, Law no. 16 of 2012 concerning the Defense Industry mandates that the purchase of alpalhankam (defense and security equipment) from abroad must be accompanied by an IDKLO.
The plan to purchase Rafale fighter jets surfaced after the French daily, La Tribune, reported the intention of the Indonesian Minister of Defense Prabowo Subianto to buy this aircraft.
Prabowo met with the Minister of the French Armed Forces Florence Parly during a working visit in Paris, France on October 21, 2020.
In December 2020, La Tribune reported that Indonesia would buy 48 Rafale units from France.
Defense Minister Prabowo and Florence Parly
Special
Later, various reports stated that Indonesia would buy 36 Rafales from the Eiffel Tower country, not 48 as the initial reports.
Dassault has held a meeting with the Indonesian Ministry of Defense in Jakarta on February 21, 2021.
The Dassault team consists of Vice President Dassault Aviation Business Development Jean Claude Piccharillo and Vice President Offset Dassault Michael Paskoff.
Their arrival was received by the Director General of Defense Potential (Ditjen Pothan) of the Ministry of Defense Maj. Gen. Dadang Hendrayudha and the Director of Defense Industrial Technology (Dirtekindhan) Laksma TNI Sri Yanto.
RNS

Looks like Prabowo came thru strong:lol: :coffee:

Anyway... this is how I imagine our Finance minister right now... or soon will be, once Prabowo hands her the bills... 😅

View attachment 752065 View attachment 752068

I doubt Sri Mulyani and her bos Jokowi will make the contract effective, but lets wait from now on till December 30 2021 to see

Meanwhile recent revelation

I doubt Sri Mulyani and her bos Jokowi will make the contract effective, but lets wait from now on till December 30 2021 to see

Meanwhile recent revelation

Both contracts are officially signed tho. It Would be diplomatically impossible to backtrack on signed contracts and best avoided and I am not seeing anyone would do it at this high level.

You just have to let go off Prabowo and I honestly don't understand your opposition to this? Care to explain because intellectually it just doesn't make sense to me. Also that mention was a day before the signing of the contracts. I am pretty sure he was cleared to do the signing by Jokowi.. Your stragetic outlook on all of this just doesn't make sense and if it is for local political reasons then it is not worth bringing into this and shouldn't be related to this at all.. You take your objections with him in where you disagree but this is bigger then him

Last edited:
Both contracts are officially signed tho. It Would be diplomatically impossible to backtrack on signed contracts and best avoided and I am not seeing anyone would do it at this high level.

You just have to let go off Prabowo and I honestly don't understand your opposition to this? Care to explain because intellectually it just doesn't make sense to me. Also that mention was a day before the signing of the contracts. I am pretty sure he was cleared to do the signing.. Your stragetic outlook on all of this just doesn't make sense and if it is for local political reasons then it is not worth bringing into this and shouldn't be related to this at all.. You take your objections with him in where you disagree but this is bigger then him

The contract has condition (not yet effective) and so far Sri Mulyani only approve 1.1 billion USD foreign loan for fighter acquisition, I dont know how Prabowo can pass this. This is also why Defense Ministry hasnt announced it yet since they need to pass Finance Ministry and possibly President as well.

Talking about my reservation you just need to take a look on 2 pages behind this page where I explain Prabowo reckless and stupid plan thoroughly. He is for sure doesnt care with our economy challenge and local defense industry by seeing the contract of 8 frigates without any local participation and that Perpress.

Last edited:
The contract has condition (not yet effective) and so far Sri Mulyani only approve 1.1 billion USD foreign loan for fighter acquisition, I dont know how Prabowo can pass this. This is also why Defense Ministry hasnt announced it yet since they need to pass Finance Ministry and possibly President as well.

Talking about my reservation you just need to take a look on 2 pages behind this page where I explain Prabowo reckless and stupid plan thoroughly. He is for sure doesnt care with our economy challenge and local defense industry by seeing the contract of 8 frigates without any local participation.

What makes you think Prabowo would sign the contracts if the President is not on board ofcourse his on board and it was the initial contract... he has signed with his knowledge so there is no conflict narratives

What makes you think Prabowo would sign the contracts if the President is not on board ofcourse his on board. This is not a banana republic... he has signed with his knowledge so there is no conflict narratives

Just wait few weeks will you

Back
Top Bottom