What's new

Indonesia awards FNSS for Modern Tank Project

xxxKULxxx

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Indonesia awarded FNSS to work on Modern Tank Project. Turkey and Indonesia signed the Memorandum of Understanding at Indo Defence 2014 exhibition. The tank will be at medium weight and agreement covers joint project development and joint prototype production. FNSS will play an important role at joint platform development. ASELSAN, will take place at fire control and electronic system integration process. Tank will have 25/30 tonnes weight and will be equipped with 105 mm cannon and 7,62 mm machine gun. PT Pindad Company will be partner company. Tank will be capable of manoeuvring in tropical forests and wet ground.

Jakarta awards FNSS for Modern Tank Project
1.jpg

Why ? I also thought same with madmusti... Future inventory as ALTAY+ This tank...

I can't think of any practical use, for turkish terrain. Care to explain why it would be a good idea ?

I can't think of any practical use, for turkish terrain. Care to explain why it would be a good idea ?

It's a tank in the end... All our borders are threat and we should be so quick for reply... So these tanks can be deployed so quick...

I dont know maybe some can elaborate more but i think a light tank can be quite useful in mountainous areas such as SE Turkey where a 65 tonnes monster as Altay cant reach.

I dont know maybe some can elaborate more but i think a light tank can be quite useful in mountainous areas such as SE Turkey where a 65 tonnes monster as Altay cant reach.

But in that case, a 40mm or 25mm cannon should suffice, because in mountainous area, you have problem with firing angles, and for that we have 6x6, 8x8 's no ?

Medium tank is good if you need to deploy units quickly in far away places. These could also be used by the marines for beach landings. Right now the ancient m48's are being used for that. You dont need to have many of these medium tanks.

Medium tank is good if you need to deploy units quickly in far away places. These could also be used by the marines for beach landings. Right now the ancient m48's are being used for that. You dont need to have many of these medium tanks.

Indeed and so far I am aware of, we aren't planning on invading any territories at our current general situation, however to have the capability to produce something like that is great, but I would love to see turkish defense companies build something simlar to this PL-01 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turkey is not the only territory where you can use this lightweight tank if I reminds turkish expansions curs.

No matter what, better than your old M48 or M60 on Syrian border.

Back
Top Bottom