What's new

Indo-US : 10-year defence pact on agenda

we need american cooperation on things much more important than the latest weapons.

but we should remember, the onus of learning is on us. nobody is gonna come here and learn it for us.

russia still has high tech stuff, avoid bad decisions...and for god's sake, look for japanese heavy weapons.

Wow us is getting really desperate now ..

My oh my Apache on table ...

hqdefault.jpg

Poison is always sugar Coated, tastes nice and sweet at first and then the venom kicks in

We took few pills , and yes we are still feeling effects of that candy

The lady is back in India we aren't like Pakistan

...AT WHAT CONDITIONS...???
THere was such a move by US during Atal's tenure, but India rejected as it came with too many strings....

Rejected?? when did that happen?

A US India bilateral 10 year agreement was signed by Pranab Mukherjee in 2005 which is set to end in 2015 when this new 10 year pact is assume to commence as a followup.

What we will/might get from US in next 10 years -

AH-64E Apache Longbow gunships
Westland_WAH-64D_Longbow_Apache_Wallpaper_2jg5v.jpg

CH-47F Chinook heavy-lifters
4662.jpg

S-70B Sea Hawk utility choppers
Sikorsky_SH-60B_Seahawk_Spanish_Navy_S-70B-1.jpg

CH-53K Super Stallion utility/heavy-lifters (for Navy)
ch53_heatley.jpg

CH-148 Cyclone utility choppers
226401-v1-MHP.jpg

Bell 429 utility choppers
b429_n49-049.jpg

UGM-84L Harpoon-II Block-II cruise missiles
Harpoon_launched_by_submarine.jpg

And...

Additional C-17 Globemaster-III strategic airlifters
Indian+Air+Force+Receives+C-17+Globemaster+III+Strategic+Airlifter+transport+aircraft+military+C-17+Globemaster+III+Heavy+Lift+Transport+Aircraft++5th+6th+7th+8th+9th+10th++(4).jpg

Additional C-130J Super Hercules transports
1355365679632.jpg

Additional P-8I Neptune maritime patrol aircraft
2172241.jpg

These are on top of smaller purchases like CM901 carbines for special forces, etc.

i am in favor of saving money instead of making them more expensively here. in case of small numbers. but spares (our serious beef with russia, our closest ally) should be well taken care of and training stuff too should be included. like in the harpoon order. i liked that.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom