What's new

Indigenous Indian Missile Arsenal : Present and Future

sudhir007

Reaction score
Indigenous Indian Missile Arsenal : Present and Future | idrw.org

Prithvi 1 : 150 Km (Army) - Inducted

Prithvi 2 : 250 Km (Air force) - Inducted

Prithvi III (Dhanush) : 350 Km (Navy) - Inducted

Medium range ballistic missile (MRBM) and Long range ballistic missile (LRBM)

Agni (TD) : 1500 km – Assumed retired

Agni-1 : 700 Km – Inducted

Agni-2 : 2000-2500 Km – Inducted

Agni-3 : 3500-5000 Km -Inducted

Agni – 4: (Agni 2 Prime ) – 2500-3500 km – To be Inducted

Agni-5: 5000-8000 km – Test Phase

Agni-6: 6000-10000 km – In Development

Cruise Missiles

BrahMos (Supersonic) : 290 km – Inducted

Nirbhay (Sub-sonic) :1000 km – In development

BrahMos-2
(Hypersonic) : 290 km - In development

Long-Range Cruise Missile (LRCM) (Supersonic) : 1000 km - In development

Submarine launched ballistic missile (SLBM)

K-15 Sagarika : 700 km – Last tested on 11 March 2012 for full range – Testing Phase

K-4 : 3,500-5,000 km - Rumored to be based on Agni-III variant - In development

K-5 : 6,000 km – 8000km - Rumored to be based on Agni-VI variant - In development

Tactical missiles

LRSAM (Barak-8) : 70 Km – Surface to Air Missiles under Joint Development with Israel and India , first test likely soon (Navy)

MRSAM: 70 km - Surface to Air Missiles under Joint Development with Israel and India , Modified variant of LRSAM for Air force

SRSAM: Range 15 Km , Negotiations with France on JV .

Shaurya (Hypersonic) : 1000-1800 Km – Rumored to be Land based Variant of K-15 Sagarika - Inducted

Prahar : 150 KM – Battlefield support tactical system – In Test Phase

Pinaka : 40 km - Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher – Inducted

Pinaka 2 : 120 km - In Development – Design Phase

Nag : 4km – 3rd Gen Anti-tank missiles – In Process of Induction

Nag 2 : 7 km – 4th Gen Anti-tank missiles - In development

Helina
- 7Km- Anti Tank Helicopter carried version – In Test Phase

Akash : 30 Km - medium range surface-to-air missile defense system - Inducted

Akash MK2 : 45 -50 KM surface-to-air missile , more of a improved variant then a new missile – In development

Trishul : 8-12 Km - short range surface-to-air missile, project officially shut down on February 27, 2008- Closed

Astra Mk1 – 80 km – Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Air to Air to missile – In Trail Phase

Astra missile Mk2 – 100-120 km – Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Air to Air to missile – Design Phase

BMD missile system

Phase-I: AAD and PAD. For IRBM class of missiles (Development completed )
Phase-II: AD1 & AD2 for ICBM class of missiles. (In design Phase)

I highly doubt that agni 5 is 5000km, it has solid fuel and advanced navigational equipment.The range can be easily increased to 7000-8000km.I think the recent test was to keep the international noise to a minimum.

Good but you missed my favorite missile PDV. :angry:

btw: idrw is not any news source, a blog written by some guy with little knowledge about defence. try to aviod it.

Many of the missiles are not "indigenous" ... and many of the weapon systems aren't even "missiles" ... MRLs?

Pathetic list.

'Indigenous' does not mean painting M-9 or M-11 in green color and giving it a Afghan or Arabic name. lol BTW which one is not indigenous?

:rofl: burning. :rofl:

500 years later if pakistan made any missile, it will name it to "Ahmedinijad" or "Karzai" or "Erdogan", as per their existing glorious tradition. :D

GOOD list

but many more are still to be added in future ,yes !!! wait for future DRDO has some surprises install in future:D

BTW
an anti radiation missile is also in development add in the list

Many of the missiles are not "indigenous" ... and many of the weapon systems aren't even "missiles" ... MRLs?

Pathetic list.

most of them are indigenous and others are JV..and you missed the word "Tactical"..

Good but you missed my favorite missile PDV. :angry:

btw: idrw is not any news source, a blog written by some guy with little knowledge about defence. try to aviod it.

PDV will replace PAD in later stages of Phase 1 and not immediate and since PAD will be inducted and later will be replaced by PDV which still is in Design phase , it was omitted, if you are so called defense expert then please write articles on you expertise and email it to idrw.org@gmail.com ,we have a blog watched by world

Tactical missiles

LRSAM (Barak-8) : 70 Km – Surface to Air Missiles under Joint Development with Israel and India , first test likely soon (Navy)

MRSAM: 70 km - Surface to Air Missiles under Joint Development with Israel and India , Modified variant of LRSAM for Air force

SRSAM: Range 15 Km , Negotiations with France on JV .

Shaurya (Hypersonic) : 1000-1800 Km – Rumored to be Land based Variant of K-15 Sagarika - Inducted

Prahar : 150 KM – Battlefield support tactical system – In Test Phase

Pinaka : 40 km - Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher – Inducted

Pinaka 2 : 120 km - In Development – Design Phase

Nag : 4km – 3rd Gen Anti-tank missiles – In Process of Induction

Nag 2 : 7 km – 4th Gen Anti-tank missiles - In development

Helina- 7Km- Anti Tank Helicopter carried version – In Test Phase

Akash : 30 Km - medium range surface-to-air missile defense system - Inducted

Akash MK2 : 45 -50 KM surface-to-air missile , more of a improved variant then a new missile – In development

Trishul : 8-12 Km - short range surface-to-air missile, project officially shut down on February 27, 2008- Closed

Astra Mk1 – 80 km – Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Air to Air to missile – In Trail Phase

Astra missile Mk2 – 100-120 km – Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Air to Air to missile – Design Phase

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ile-arsenal-present-future.html#ixzz1vlmLqy3S
Does SAMs comes under tactical missiles ?? Anybody ??

PDV will replace PAD in later stages of Phase 1 and not immediate and since PAD will be inducted and later will be replaced by PDV which still is in Design phase , it was omitted, if you are so called defense expert then please write articles on you expertise and email it to idrw.org@gmail.com ,we have a blog watched by world

:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't know why people argue with me.

You are such an expert that don't even know PAD will never see induction, its actually PDV which will be the endo-atomospheric BMD.

There are many mistakes in your reply....

1) PAD will never be inducted.
2) So there is no question of PDV replacing PAD. PAD was like a tech demo for PDV.
3) PDV is not in design phase, it will be tested by year end. The test is pending from 2010.
4) If you did not put PDV, how did you list Agni-6, K-5, Astra mk-2 and some others. These are the missiles on design phase not PDV.

See the 'so called defence expert' taught you many things, so you are worse than me. Stop feeding the world with your BS. And stop copying news articles from different news sites.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't know why people argue with me.

You are such an expert that don't even know PAD will never see induction, its actually PDV which will be the endo-atomospheric BMD.

There are many mistakes in your reply....

1) PAD will never be inducted.
2) So there is no question of PDV replacing PAD. PAD was like a tech demo for PDV.
3) PDV is not in design phase, it will be tested by year end. The test is pending from 2010.
4) If you did not put PDV, how did you list Agni-6, K-5, Astra mk-2 and some others. These are the missiles on design phase not PDV.

See the 'so called defence expert' taught you many things, so you are worse than me. Stop feeding the world with your BS. And stop copying news articles from different news sites.

MR EXPERT , 1 ) please show me a article where PAD induction will not happen is mentioned by drdo ,

2 ) DRDO chief V.K. Saraswat has told in May 2012 that Phase 1 is ready , so what is talking about ??? PDV is not even tested , so according to you PAD which is a tech demonstrator for PDV does not require any testing ?? and directly can be inducted ??

3 ) Any links to prove it ??

4 ) is Agni 6 , K-5 or Astra MK-2 are they replacing any current systems in Indian arsenal ?? Big
no they are new systems and PDV will be completely replacing PAD , that why it was omitted , but should have mentioned it that i agree

Well on your advise we have been hearing that from last 6 years , people who told us that are no were to be seen today and their expert advise are not more then BS , we challenged them to prove their expertise and they ran and so will you . bye

MR EXPERT , 1 ) please show me a article where PAD induction will not happen is mentioned by drdo ,

2 ) DRDO chief V.K. Saraswat has told in May 2012 that Phase 1 is ready , so what is talking about ??? PDV is not even tested , so according to you PAD which is a tech demonstrator for PDV does not require any testing ?? and directly can be inducted ??

In last 6 years PAD has been tested only twice. Last test was in 2010. AAD has been tested many times and the recent one was in final deploy-able configuration. It does not need to be an expert to know that PAD is not ready and its AAD which is ready for induction in 2013. Phase-1 ready means only AAD is ready. Also Dr Saraswat told that 'PDV will replace PAD'. PDV comes under Phase 1. AD-1 and AD-2 comes under Phase 2.

3 ) Any links to prove it ??
Every one knows it. In a 2010 DRDO publication they gave a 'to do' list named 'Goals for the years 2010'. Most of the things have been done except A5 and PDV tests. A5 done and PDV pending for year end. I read somewhere they are making some changes in the PDV thats why delay. Its a complex system, if it is in design phase it can not be tested this year.

4 ) is Agni 6 , K-5 or Astra MK-2 are they replacing any current systems in Indian arsenal ?? Big
no they are new systems and PDV will be completely replacing PAD , that why it was omitted , but should have mentioned it that i agree
You please except that it was a mistake by not listing put many other missiles, thats it. Your earlier logic of not putting them because they are in design phase was wrong.

Well on your advise we have been hearing that from last 6 years , people who told us that are no were to be seen today and their expert advise are not more then BS , we challenged them to prove their expertise and they ran and so will you . bye

That means you will not stop copy pasting other's articles in your website? Thats not good. BTW why people will write articles for you?

Pathetic list.

Work over? I mean trolling?!!
Everybody know how u bought North korean missiles and gave them invaders name and said its indigenous..
Perhaps that name indigenous must be removed from pakistani dictionery...
And Agni is indigenous made by our dear scientist Kalam sir...
When u learn the meaning of indigenous pls come back...

Perhaps that name indigenous must be removed from pakistani dictionery...

Perhaps we would have to invent a new word then. Instead of "indigenous" in dictionary we will have to add the word "PINDIgenous" that will mean buying off-the-shelf misiles and giving it an excellent green paint in PINDI and later claiming to be indigenous..errr... PINDIgenous. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom