What's new

India's UNSC Dream

It has been repeated here again and again that India's geopolitical clout is weak and it is not even a regional power. How can a country which does not agree to implement same UNSC resolutions, become a veto wielding member itself.

I agree India is undeserving of an UNSC seat. But India IS a regional power. After China in Asia, there is no one else more powerful than India. Economically or Militarily for that matter. South Korea and Japan come close but are undermined by the presence of the US in their respective countries and overshadowed by China.

How can a country which can not even project its power out side its region, because it is still fighting its own internal battles with powerful neighbours surrounding it, can become a great power that it espouses to be.

Internal battles exist, however it is not as crippling as you think it is. Rather I should say, as you wished it was :lol:

BTW its powerful NEIGHBOR. NOT neighborS

I already consider my position to be much better than yours. You guys are such sheep. If half the crap that your rich people get away with (coupled with stability that you have) was happening in Pak there would be hell to pay for it. As it is even a sitting President with immunity was forced to open corruption cases against himself.

You have too much acceptance of the "way things just are". Indians have this innate problem is admiring the rich and powerful just because they are the rich and powerful.

Just to give you an example, you go to get service from a common Indian waiter. He'll see me and he'll see an Arab next to me, he'll go and serve the Arab guy first, even if I was there first. Sometimes I've seen modern generation Arabs go "He was here first, please attend to him". Meri bari larai hoti hai... I'm like you guys make these rich guys into demigods.

Equality has to be demanded, no one will give it to you.

Wait does that mean the continued aspersions cast against Arabs, on this very forum by many of us, on how they mistreat us Pakistanis in their lands doesn't hold much water ? :what:

I already consider my position to be much better than yours. You guys are such sheep. If half the crap that your rich people get away with (coupled with stability that you have) was happening in Pak there would be hell to pay for it. As it is even a sitting President with immunity was forced to open corruption cases against himself.

You have too much acceptance of the "way things just are". Indians have this innate problem is admiring the rich and powerful just because they are the rich and powerful.

Just to give you an example, you go to get service from a common Indian waiter. He'll see me and he'll see an Arab next to me, he'll go and serve the Arab guy first, even if I was there first. Sometimes I've seen modern generation Arabs go "He was here first, please attend to him". Meri bari larai hoti hai... I'm like you guys make these rich guys into demigods.

Funny I never had that kind of problems in India - the reason must be because you are Pakistani or some other reason.

I dont know about Veto, but I sure dont like the entire principle of a "security council". The UNSC is occupied by some of the most belligerent and irresponsible powers on the planet. What an irony. The security council occupied by powers that threaten everyone else's security :lol: The ones that are in constant war everywhere. This is promoting the interests of a few over all others. The biggest culprit though is the United States. France and UK are sidekicks. China dont care about anything but itself and Russia has substantially reduced power at the UNSC. I guess its actually time to totally scrap the UNSC itself :lol:

The power of the UNSC is written into the very constitution of the UN itself.

The only way to remove this power is to set up a replacement organization for the UN.

And who will join such an organization? Just the USA + allies (and Russia + allies), already makes up most of the major countries on Earth.

And if aunty had balls she would have been an uncle.

It has been repeated here again and again that India's geopolitical clout is weak and it is not even a regional power. How can a country which does not agree to implement same UNSC resolutions, become a veto wielding member itself.

How can a country which can not even project its power out side its region, because it is still fighting its own internal battles with powerful neighbours surrounding it, can become a great power that it espouses to be.

Economy alone can not make you great. Open your eyes from the make believing world that you live in and start living in the world functioning on real-politik.

Shehsawar banay ga to girna seekhay ga na.

Wo tifal kya giray ga jo ghutnon ke bal chalay.

You just expressed Pakistan fear to stop getting India UNSC permanent membership but all permanent 5 members supported India's bid for UNSC membership. But can you explain how many countries have supported Pakistan to stop India from getting UNSC membership.

Funny I never had that kind of problems in India - the reason must be because you are Pakistani or some other reason.

No dude, lets be honest. That is actually the case. :lol:

If an American was sitting next to the Arab, the guy would have served the American first :lol:

Maybe its because of Indian hospitality that demands guests be treated well, maybe its because its a foreigner so its natural for one to treat a person from another country better than he does his own countrymen, but it does happen :lol:

But this is not limited to Indians. Its people's nature. They always tend to try and impress the foreigner. So its nothing negative.

For insance, in India people have shown me less hospitality, than Americans in America did to me. When I travelled, some of these Americans even wouldnt let me carry my luggage!! I have never had that privilege in my own country :lol:

Things will change in the near future. India will change and UNSC will change despite naysayers and pessimists

China is an easy scapegoat for blocking india for a veto seat. Bashing China for that wont give you credit from the other 4 unsc members.

Why should their country's 1 vote be possibly diluted by an additional member to the seats as "non-alligned" as indians always claim their policy to be!

what can india promise PERMANENTLY to usa russia uk and france in return for their votes?

Lip service is cheap! Reality is harsh on the delusional, realistic for the members who are already on the boat!

I agree India is undeserving of an UNSC seat. But India IS a regional power. After China in Asia, there is no one else more powerful than India. Economically or Militarily for that matter. South Korea and Japan come close but are undermined by the presence of the US in their respective countries and overshadowed by China.

Internal battles exist, however it is not as crippling as you think it is. Rather I should say, as you wished it was :lol:

BTW its powerful NEIGHBOR. NOT neighborS

He's probably added up Pakistan and Bangladesh in the powerful neighbors list :lol:

Sorry sir, you just explained the scenario completely different. if I am not wrong Pakistan is still controlled by these jaageerdars and rich generals.

You were with US just for money since the inception. So may be you are better than me, MAY BE. But the money part works better for Pakistan than for India. Even when I go to restaurant and I am alone while there is entire family sitting, meaning more tip may come from them, Indian waiter comes to me if he knows me. He give up good tips just because he take our acquaintance important.

Believe me, I have seen so many people giving up money, not taking rent just because they found something common with me or they knew me. This happens only in India.

I now announce you Ticker: Aunty with balls.
Enough of this line over and over again.

Seriously get it over with India's influence is wide spread. What India is asking is already supported by P5. Go read some articles before making idiotic claims.

I have even given link where Hu Jintao, China, supported India's candidacy. Same was done by US , UK and France. Russia always supported us. Problem is different but you guys are too lazy to read more about it and keep on ranting about regional.global power, under-estimating India.

Grow up and read some articles kiddo.

Oye baba stealth troll,

If India possesses such kind of support and strength, become a permanent member. Is anybody stopping India. According to you nobody.

But it needs more than mere thinking greatness. Like I quoted Robert Kaplan in another thread, he said that India is one country where George Bush like to take lot of intellectuals - like George Bush.

Keep dreaming, this is your right. Making it to the UNSC as a permanent member however, is a totally different ballgame.

oho ... sorry i mentioned balls again.

No dude, lets be honest. That is actually the case. :lol:

If an American was sitting next to the Arab, the guy would have served the American first :lol:

Maybe its because of Indian hospitality that demands guests be treated well, maybe its because its a foreigner so its natural for one to treat a person from another country better than he does his own countrymen, but it does happen :lol:

But this is not limited to Indians. Its people's nature. They always tend to try and impress the foreigner. So its nothing negative.

For insance, in India people have shown me less hospitality, than Americans in America did to me. When I travelled, some of these Americans even wouldnt let me carry my luggage!! I have never had that privilege in my own country :lol:

No idea what you are talking about, I have gotten exceptional service wherever I have been - probably has to do with the way I look.

Sorry sir, you just explained the scenario completely different. if I am not wrong Pakistan is still controlled by these jaageerdars and rich generals.

You were with US just for money since the inception. So may be you are better than me, MAY BE. But the money part works better for Pakistan than for India. Even when I go to restaurant and I am alone while there is entire family sitting, meaning more tip may come from them, Indian waiter comes to me if he knows me. He give up good tips just because he take our acquaintance important.

Believe me, I have seen so many people giving up money, not taking rent just because they found something common with me or they knew me. This happens only in India.

Oh here you start trolling again. I thought we were discussing India's UNSC dream - ye Pakistan kidhar se beech mein aa gya.

Seems like people are now ignoring logic and reality and moving to India bashing. Well, didn't expect anything better than this. So carry on Kids. Next day, I will wake up with more increase in Indian influence. :enjoy:

Oh here you start trolling again. I thought we were discussing India's UNSC dream - ye Pakistan kidhar se beech mein aa gya.
Read his comments first you Aunty with Balls :rofl:

You just expressed Pakistan fear to stop getting India UNSC permanent membership but all permanent 5 members supported India's bid for UNSC membership. But can you explain how many countries have supported Pakistan to stop India from getting UNSC membership.

Not many. But did you become a member. Nope.

Back
Top Bottom