What's new

India's Man Mission to Moon.. IAF to select Men for mission.

Idiot.gif

For telling the likely scenario about India. If I predicted that LCA would not be ready by 2014 back in 1983, you would called me an idiot as well. Even if I said that LCA would not be ready by 2001, you would said the same thing. But its possible that I'm way too early in my prediction of 2030. Has India even started the program yet? Once it started, add another 10 years to it as least and this is being way tooooo generous.

There is no official plan for thatt

And this was your response earlier. We'll have to wait until 2020 to have an ETA on when India will put a man on space. The original schedule to put an Indian on the moon.

For telling the likely scenario about India. If I predicted that LCA would not be ready by 2014 back in 1983, you would called me an idiot as well. Even if I said that LCA would not be ready by 2001, you would said the same thing. But its possible that I'm way too early in my prediction of 2030. Has India even started the program yet? Once it started, add another 10 years to it as least and this is being way tooooo generous.

And this was your response earlier. We'll have to wait until 2020 to have an ETA on when India will put a man on space. The original schedule to put an Indian on the moon.

And you came here to tell this? LOL!

So what if India takes even up to 2040 to send an astronaut? Our priorities change with our needs. What's any of it got to do with us becoming a superpower or completion of LCA? It's not like there won't be a space or moon to explore beyond 2030!:lol:

And you came here to tell this? LOL!

So what if India takes even up to 2040 to send an astronaut? Our priorities change with our needs. What's any of it got to do with us becoming a superpower or completion of LCA? It's not like there won't be a space or moon to explore beyond 2030!:lol:

I was just responding to that guy that its the people that make the prediction that look like a fool if it does not come true. For example, India superpower by 2030. If you want to talk, be sure to back it up with deeds.

Same old :blah: :blah: :blah:

Have the program started yet?Manned space mission?Yes it have,already.

ISRO Human Space Flight Program (HSP)

ISRO_HSP_Crew_Module.jpg

As a natural progression of its endeavors, ISRO has decided to start a Human Space flight program. It has been decided that the entire program will be split into following three different phases:

• First phase: design, development and performance demonstration of critical technologies leading to manned space missions.
  • Second phase and third phase would establish the necessary infrastructure, do qualification tests including flight testing with test vehicles, PSLV, GSLV and GSLV Mk III and finally demonstrate the first Indian Human Spaceflight.
In the first phase, during the 12th plan period (2012-2018), ISRO has proposed to develop and demonstrate all the major technologies and infrastructure critical for Human Spaceflight Program (HSP) including pad abort test, Orbital Vehicle (OV), Crew Escape System (CES), Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) & Flight Suit, Human rating of Launch Vehicle (LVM3) and realizing essential facilities including third launch pad for the development and flight testing of these systems. Mission and configuration studies and technical developmental activities will also be initiated for the Human Lunar Missions.

601694_10151509373968224_667160618_n.jpg

The first major-milestone activity is “pad abort test” that is planned to demonstrate the performance of crew escape system (CES). This test will play a vital role in establishing the critical
abort maneuver of the CES which has to take the crew module (CM) to an altitude of about 2 km and range of about 2 km from the launch pad. The objectives of this pad abort test are:

• Verify the performance / functioning of various motors / systems of CES.
  • Verify the capability of CES to take CM to the required altitude (~ 2 km) & range (~ 2 km).
  • Demonstrate the deceleration & floatation capability of parachute and Crew Module.
  • Validate the crew module recovery from sea.
Work on the Orbital vehicle is progressing well. ISRO has built an ergonomic model of crew module for study and is conducting plasma wind tunnel tests on scaled crew module models. ISRO has decided to convert the PSLV PS4 (4th stage) into a service module for the OV.

For meeting the requirements of HSP, human rating of GSLV MK III or LVM3 will also be initiated in the 12th plan period. The work will involve the following:

• Redesign of vehicle structures including propellant tanks and motor cases if necessary.
  • Re-qualification tests including stage functional tests of S200, L110 and C25.
  • Intelligent systems to monitor and identify the imminent failure of systems are to be developed.
  • Redundancy schemes in all the avionics, control systems, pyro systems and mechanisms are to be re-looked and re-qualified.
  • Additional facilities for structural test are to be developed for conducting these tests.

ISRO Human Space Flight Program Update: Crew module drop test

ISRO has conducted drop test of full scale crew module in a water reservoir. The module was dropped from various heights and a number of parameters like touch-down velocity etc., were recorded during these tests. With successful culmination of these tests, ISRO is now planning the next step of conducting the drop test from a helicopter.

ISRO_HSPdroptest.jpg

ISRO Human Space Flight Project (HSP) Update: PS4 stage of the PSLV to be modified to act as a service module

ISRO is modifying the PS4 stage of its workhorse launcher PSLV to play a new role of service module for human space missions. ISRO's orbital vehicle consists of two main modules, one is the crew module and the other is service module. The crew module is used for crew habitation during a space mission and which also returns the crew safely to earth. Service module contains the various systems necessary for the space operation like the propulsion, life support systems for the crew module, solar arrays, etc.

PS4stage-servicemodule.jpg

Fig. 1 PSLV PS4 stage and Orbital Vehicle.

ISRO has judiciously decided to modify the PS4 stage of the PSLV into a service module as its sub-systems like propulsion are tested and proven in various PSLV missions. Many of these sub-systems will be reused for the Orbital Vehicle's service module, thus saving resources and development time, and also minimising the risks involved.
PS4 Stage
PS4 stage of PSLV injects the satellites into the orbit. It is a liquid propulsion system that uses hypergolic propellants. It has two pressure fed, regeneratively cooled engines of 7 kN thrust. The stage is attitude stabilised and steered through engine gimballing that provides control moments about pitch, yaw and roll axes. For non-powered phases, control is through bi-propellant reaction control thrusters.

HSPparachute.jpg

ISRO Human Space Flight Program Update: Cabin Environment Simulation System

ISRO recently commissioned a new facility called Cabin Environment Simulation System (CESS) under the Human Space Flight Program. CESS will be used for test and evaluation of space modules under regulated environmental conditions that may arise during various phases of manned mission.

cess.jpg

CESS consists of a horizontally mounted cylindrical chamber of 2100mm diameter and 1200mm cylindrical length with two torispherical dome enclosures–with opening at one end. It has been designed for maintaining an internal vacuum level of 10-2 m.bar and insulated such that the outside surface temperature remains within 40 deg C when the internal maximum temperature is at 100 deg C. This large main chamber has been provided with a pumping system to maintain any pressure level between 1.3 mbar to 1200 mbar inside the chamber.

Antariksh

I was just responding to that guy that its the people that make the prediction that look like a fool if it does not come true. For example, India superpower by 2030. If you want to talk, be sure to back it up with deeds.

Obviously, becoming a superpower by 2030 is a dream which requires certain set goals to be realised. Maybe we won't reach those goals, maybe we will. But delays in the timeline does not mean that the dream has been abandoned.

Looks like you only like to look at delays in individual projects and mock India without bothering to look at the larger structure being set in place to realize our ambitions.

Same old :blah: :blah: :blah:

Have the program started yet?Manned space mission?Yes it have,already.

HSPparachute.jpg

Antariksh

I wonder if space X would send a man to space first or India would? My vote goes to Elon Musk.

Obviously, becoming a superpower by 2030 is a dream which requires certain set goals to be realised. Maybe we won't reach those goals, maybe we will. But delays in the timeline does not mean that the dream has been abandoned.

Looks like you only like to look at delays in individual projects and mock India without bothering to look at the larger structure being set in place to realize our ambitions.

I'm not mocking India, I have just like state the reality. Just like when Muhammad Ali said that he was the greatest. He was not boasting, he was just stating a fact.

I wonder if space X would send a man to space first or India would? My vote goes to Elon Musk.

I'm not mocking India, I have just like state the reality. Just like when Muhammad Ali said that he was the greatest. He was not boasting, he was just stating a fact.

Oh but India would not be able launch a manned space mission even in 2030,according to you, the space expert.

And India & Pakistan are at the same level in space research,according to you,aint it??

Sure. So have patience till 2030 then.

If someone asked you in 1900 that when it will be possible to talk to someone in other continent in a second, you would have said not before year 2550.

now you can decide if we should call you idiot or not.:p:

Look buddy, sometime I like your views, they are rational, but sometime you just keep on posting utter BS, and enjoy bashing India. No one like their country to be bashed. It's not always funny. If you want to contribute to the thread post rational stuff. I have seen many times your only motive is to troll and you don't like to consider others point of view.
Hope you will improve in 2014.
Happy new year...:-)

So I guess the boasting of putting a man on the moon by 2020 is just another boasting. Its likely that India would not have someone in space by 2030, when India is schedule to become superpower. With lots of white servants.

Seems you are fixated with this 2020 Superpower documentary thing ...
You keep on ranting about it all the time ...

will you grow up and talk something else for a change ???

I do not understand how your brain does not feel suffocated with same stuff ???

I guess...you don't have one ...

otherwise you won't keep repeating same stuff like a retard ....

Oh but India would not be able launch a manned space mission even in 2030,according to you, the space expert.

And India & Pakistan are at the same level in space research,according to you,aint it??

I'm not sure if India can launch a manned space mission by 2030. It takes decisions and then determination and I'm not sure even India is even committed to sending someone to space. I know that India boasted before and tested the subsystems. But as India is a "democracy", it can change its mind any time, especially if there is a major change in leadership.

You mean the 2030 video? Unless there is another better example of India boasting, I'll use that one. Or maybe India is not boasting at all, India could become a superpower at 2030.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if India can launch a manned space mission by 2030. It takes decisions and then determination and I'm not sure even India is even committed to sending someone to space. I know that India boasted before and tested the subsystems. But as India is a "democracy", it can change its mind any time, especially if there is a major change in leadership.

we may or may not send. But you would see it on PDF whenever we do. That time I am sure you would not have the determination to make even a single post in that thread. :sarcastic:

we may or may not send. But you would see it on PDF whenever we do. That time I am sure you would not have the determination to make even a single post in that thread. :sarcastic:

I don't think I would be alive at that time. My grandkids can post for me. :)

he does not have one is the most likely thing.

I don't think I would be alive at that time. My grandkids can post for me. :)

ooh so sorry I did not know you are living past 100.. :sarcastic: but that explains the hilarious posts you make.. senile?

Back
Top Bottom