India's future in in NSG-Nuclear supplier group,held back by china rivalry

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The annual plenary meeting of the Nuclear Suppliers Group
(NSG) later this month in Prague will focus attention once
again on India’s application for membership in the group.
Since 2008, India has been campaigning to join the NSG, which governs all legal transfer of nuclear technology and
material globally. While the India-U.S. civilian nuclear deal
concluded that year raised India's hopes of inclusion, the NSG remains bitterly
divided over the issue, with a U.S.-led bloc supporting India's candidature and a
China-led bloc vehemently opposing its entry into the group. The stand-off has
frustrated India's deep-seated desire to become an equal of the major nuclear powers. But it also has implications for the future of the NSG and the nuclear
nonproliferation regime more broadly. During deliberations in Vienna this spring, the NSG once again failed to reach a
decision on India's membership. The 46-nation group works by consensus, making
any opposition an effective veto. To India's frustration, disagreement within the
group actually seems to be growing, which is especially puzzling given that four of
the five major nuclear powers—Britain, the U.S., Russia and France—support India's
bid to join the NSG. Many observers argue that India's status as a nonsignatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) is the main cause of this impasse, but
resistance to India's membership appears to be rooted in geopolitics—with China
as the major obstacle. ...

Can any Chinese member please explain that why the Peaceful dragon is blocking our entry
When even the United States which they say Is a imperialist scum who wants to divide Asia
& they say we can trust the Chinese
What a pile of BS Is this

The stand-off has frustrated India's deep-seated desire to become an equal of the major nuclear powers. But it also has implications for the future of the NSG and the nuclear nonproliferation regime more broadly.

"china-led bloc" ... :laugh:

I am genuinely curious.

Here is what i found on their website.

THE CURRENT PARTICIPATING GOVERNMENTS (PGs) ARE:
ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELARUS, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, BULGARIA, CANADA, CHINA, CROATIA, CYPRUS, CZECH REPUBLIC,
DENMARK, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HUNGARY, ICELAND, IRELAND, ITALY, JAPAN, KAZAKHSTAN, REPUBLIC
OF KOREA, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MALTA, MEXICO, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, POLAND, PORTUGAL,
ROMANIA, RUSSIAN FEDERATION, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TURKEY, UKRAINE, UNITED
KINGDOM, and UNITED STATES

NUCLEAR SUPPLIERS GROUP (NSG)

I wonder who among the above against India's NSG membership

PS: what kind of international organization is this , they have their official website still under construction.

Read my LIPS - We don't get in, You don't get in. Period.

Capische ?

It is a matter of time.

No credible international organization will be able to afford not to have India if it has to have any meaning at all.

Read my LIPS - We don't get in, You don't get in. Period.

Capische ?

1332783608_sarkozy_laugh.gif

Read the reality.

In the wake of the media glare surrounding the U.S.-India Civil Nuclear Initiative, Pakistan,s military and political class have been wracked by a bout of insecurity and &me too-ism.

Political Scenesetter For Dod U/s Ryan Henry's Visit To Pakistan

You whine, India still gets NSG waiver and Indo-US nuke deal goes forward.

Savvy?

Back
Top Bottom