What's new

India's 'Beijing Killer' Missile test successful.

Disregarding all the rhetoric, hype and name calling, some of the points made by Chinese posters makes me suspect that Agni - V can at best be called a technology demonstrator and not an induction ready nuclear warhead delivery weapon for at least 10 years. Not being a technical person, I am simply making a few common sense extrapolations:

1. It is mentioned that the entire Agni series was tested just 17 times. Will the forces accept missiles with such meager testing?

2. We are talking of ultra high temperature resistant composites. I recall that DRDO has not been able to design and manufacture even a decent small arm for the forces which needs much less advanced materials and machining. the performance of DRDO on all other fronts, bar none, has been equally abysmal.

3. Why was the warhead not recovered if the RV fell in the sea. Recently, the US recovered a North Korean warhead and through it extrapolated that the missile was nuclear capable. Surely DRDO would also like such feedback

4. And finally, is a nuclear arms race and technology matching really a part of India's nuclear doctrine vis a vis China. If it is a doctrine of minimum deterrence with NFU, then I dont see how Agni-V fits in and why it will be inducted.

Its foolish to go by Chinese troll posts.Agni V is not a TD,but a very potent ICBM system and it wont take 10 years,given our experience in BM tech

1.It was tested much more than 17 times,try to use wiki.atleast

2.There is a difference here-DRDO is an umbrella organisation to our defense labs-There are performers-like RCI & non performers,like OFB-who made the small arms.

In case of Missile technology,DRDO started with immature systems-like Prithvi I,But as time has passed,technology has matured,and they have been able to come up with Marvels like Agni V,Shaurya,K-15 etc.

3.Have you heard of ISROs RLV-TD project?It is going to have test flight next year and it will touch down at sea.And ISRO is not planning to recover it-does that make it look to you that ISRO has no idea where its going?
Its obiviously,the cost.
4.No comments.

4. And finally, is a nuclear arms race and technology matching really a part of India's nuclear doctrine vis a vis China. If it is a doctrine of minimum deterrence with NFU, then I dont see how Agni-V fits in and why it will be inducted.

Your country is striving for global supremacy, to be a super power! It's not just the Agni, though your DRDO is now talking about a 10,000 km Agni 6, more alarming is the fact that your country has been the world's largest arms importer for the last 8 years or so. 2.5% of your GDP goes into arms. China's only 2% even with our huge foreign reserves of US$3 trillion.

Your country is striving for global supremacy, to be a super power! It's not just the Agni, though your DRDO is now talking about a 10,000 km Agni 6, more alarming is the fact that your country has been the world's largest arms importer for the last 8 years or so. 2.5% of your GDP goes into arms. China's only 2% even with our huge foreign reserves of US$3 trillion.

So please keep it yourself...... don't worry about it, tell us the figure which your govt don't told you like russian design attack copter claimed by Chinese own , didn't china paid that money for russia which they didn't told you.

Its foolish to go by Chinese troll posts.Agni V is not a TD,but a very potent ICBM system and it wont take 10 years,given our experience in BM tech

1.It was tested much more than 17 times,try to use wiki.atleast

2.There is a difference here-DRDO is an umbrella organisation to our defense labs-There are performers-like RCI & non performers,like OFB-who made the small arms.

In case of Missile technology,DRDO started with immature systems-like Prithvi I,But as time has passed,technology has matured,and they have been able to come up with Marvels like Agni V,Shaurya,K-15 etc.

3.Have you heard of ISROs RLV-TD project?It is going to have test flight next year and it will touch down at sea.And ISRO is not planning to recover it-does that make it look to you that ISRO has no idea where its going?
Its obiviously,the cost.
4.No comments.

Well I hope you are right and some of your optimism could rub off on me but Im afraid that DRDO's past performance simply does not inspire confidence. INSAS was surely manufactured by IFB, but its materials and design was done by DRDO and my god! I m sure the illegal gun factories of Bihar can do a better job.

After all, a missile is nothing high tech in its basics. It is the fuel engines, the fabrication materials and the guidance systems which turn it into a devastating, precise weapon. Similarly, the physics of a fission weapon is class XII physics. It is the details that matter.

Even on testing- why do even US / USSR test at least 20 times while Agni -iii was tested just 4-5 times before induction. I fail to accept that our scientists are so competent that they can compress the testing cycle to 1/5th of standard.

Well we all know about Uncle Sam's last remaining industry - Arms. Asians have always been emotional suckers. And China hasn't helped either by repeated incursions.

Well I hope you are right and some of your optimism could rub off on me but Im afraid that DRDO's past performance simply does not inspire confidence. INSAS was surely manufactured by IFB, but its materials and design was done by DRDO and my god! I m sure the illegal gun factories of Bihar can do a better job.

After all, a missile is nothing high tech in its basics. It is the fuel engines, the fabrication materials and the guidance systems which turn it into a devastating, precise weapon. Similarly, the physics of a fission weapon is class XII physics. It is the details that matter.

Even on testing- why do even US / USSR test at least 20 times while Agni -iii was tested just 4-5 times before induction. I fail to accept that our scientists are so competent that they can compress the testing cycle to 1/5th of standard.

Well we all know about Uncle Sam's last remaining industry - Arms. Asians have always been emotional suckers. And China hasn't helped either by repeated incursions.

and from where you got this BS that USSR/US test 20 times a missile before induction?? Atleast search about such claims before posting here. Latest Russian ICBM RS-24 yars was tested just 4-5 times before induction in 2010.

and from where you got this BS that USSR/US test 20 times a missile before induction?? Atleast search about such claims before posting here. Latest Russian ICBM RS-24 yars was tested just 4-5 times before induction in 2010.

Dont compare apples with oranges. Their components are all tried and tested, not being used the first time. How many times did they test their first ICBM??

Border dispute are not exactly the same the threat of a full scale war or nuclear attack, are they? Keep buying more toys, spend more money, it's good for national pride.

Dont compare apples with oranges. Their components are all tried and tested, not being used the first time. How many times did they test their first ICBM??

They tested that for 16 times but only because 7 out of 16 tests were failed. Just like our Agni-2 as it was failed many times too and only got fully deployed in 2010-2011 but we have seen great success during Agni-3 tests and now with Agni-5.
PS: a country often test missiles from its production lot even after induction. So don't count launch after induction as test launch.

So please keep it yourself...... don't worry about it, tell us the figure which your govt don't told you like russian design attack copter claimed by Chinese own , didn't china paid that money for russia which they didn't told you.

LOL, those figures are by intentional defence analyst, go dispute with them.
Our $3 trillion reserves is also fake. :lol:

Disregarding all the rhetoric, hype and name calling, some of the points made by Chinese posters makes me suspect that Agni - V can at best be called a technology demonstrator and not an induction ready nuclear warhead delivery weapon for at least 10 years. Not being a technical person, I am simply making a few common sense extrapolations:

1. It is mentioned that the entire Agni series was tested just 17 times. Will the forces accept missiles with such meager testing?

2. We are talking of ultra high temperature resistant composites. I recall that DRDO has not been able to design and manufacture even a decent small arm for the forces which needs much less advanced materials and machining. the performance of DRDO on all other fronts, bar none, has been equally abysmal.

3. Why was the warhead not recovered if the RV fell in the sea. Recently, the US recovered a North Korean warhead and through it extrapolated that the missile was nuclear capable. Surely DRDO would also like such feedback

buddy- the technology has grown so much, that you just need few tests to validate all your parameters, finite element analysis, thermal and other CFD analysis can help decipher the tragectory and other parameters without firing the rocket, if you do fire the rocket, very few of them is needed with the help of these technological tools.

Border dispute are not exactly the same the threat of a full scale war or nuclear attack, are they? Keep buying more toys, spend more money, it's good for national pride.

thanks for the advice ..we will do that

buddy- the technology has grown so much, that you just need few tests to validate all your parameters, finite element analysis, thermal and other CFD analysis can help decipher the tragectory and other parameters without firing the rocket, if you do fire the rocket, very few of them is needed with the help of these technological tools.

:rofl: then why you genius bothered anyway to test Agni 5 even for once?

why ships have to go to sea trials for a year and why airplane go for air trials for significantly longer time?

Can't those computer generated cartoons help?

So all the world superpowers must all be dumber than DRTROLL?

DRTROLL is the sole owner of finite element analysis, thermal and other CFD analysis in the entire world, isn't it? Or maybe it is...alsmot forgot that India is world's software supa pawa :hitwall:

Last time I checked, haven't these finite element analysis, and other CFD analysis blah blah helped deciphering the financial tragectory and other parameters of India supa powa before 2010? :omghaha:

:rofl: then why you genius bothered anyway to test Agni 5 even for once?

why ships have to go to sea trials for a year and why airplane go for air trials for significantly longer time?

So all the world superpowers must all be dumber than DRTROLL?

DRTROLL is the sole owner of finite element analysis, thermal and other CFD analysis in the entire world, isn't it?

Last time I checked, haven't these finite element analysis, and other CFD analysis blah blah helped deciphering the financial tragectory and other parameters of India supa powa before 2010? :omghaha:

you look technically retarded my friend..the best is always to do the actual experiment but to save time and money ..these tools help..:bounce:

Back
Top Bottom