What's new

Indians: A lost cause? | Malaysia Today

@Chinese-Dragon

Yes you have pretty much nailed it...Each is fed up with the other group....However, this is limited to SOME areas and the thinking of the people, how they are brought up rather....

Have any of you shouting on behalf of Malaysia EVER been there?
:pop:

That's true. :tup:

Some of my extended family members live in Kuala Lumpur, which is the part of Malaysia in which the Chinese tend to speak Cantonese. (Compared to other parts of Malaysia where they speak Hokkien, or Singapore where they speak Mandarin.)

They are doing well there. The three main races do not have a good impression of each other in general, however Malaysia is still one of the most successful examples of "multiculturalism" out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's true. :tup:

Some of my extended family members live in Kuala Lumpur, which is the part of Malaysia in which the Chinese tend to speak Cantonese. (Compared to other parts of Malaysia where they speak Hokkien, or Singapore where they speak Mandarin.)

They are doing well there. The three main races do not have a good impression of each other in general, however Malaysia is still one of the most successful examples of "multiculturalism" out there.
@Chinese-Dragon ahhh KL...the capital, you wouldnt find THAT much racism there because it is almost always flooded with tourists...Not many care where you come from, your race, colour or what you practice ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there's a place in this world that without racism. It's true that there's racism issue in Malaysia , but it's not as serious as you all think, generally we still live in this country peacefully together , and we enjoy extra public holiday because of main festival from different race.
Before you all think that Indian is discriminated in Malaysia, i hope you all also know that 28% of doctors and 27% of lawyer in Malaysia are Indian , there's plenty successful Indian here.

edit: and don't forget about the Indian restaurant which we called mamak stalls , you can find it all over the country serving Indian food 24 hour , Every Malaysian including Chinese, Malay , Indian all love to spend their time drinking Teh Tarik while chit-chatting or watching live EPL football games there.

Most of the Indians in Malaysia are Tamil. They are mostly concentrated in low skilled jobs like taxi drivers etc.

I don't think there's a place in this world that without racism. It's true that there's racism issue in Malaysia , but it's not as serious as you all think, generally we still live in this country peacefully together , and we enjoy extra public holiday because of main festival from different race.

You're right, the races in Malaysia generally get along even if they have some prejudices against the others.

It's not like Los Angeles or Latin America where the blacks and Hispanics regularly kill each other over their differences.

That's why I said Malaysia is one of the most successful examples of multiculturalism in the world. My own extended family members live a good life in Kuala Lumpur even though they are minorities, i.e. ethnic Chinese.

Most of the Indians in Malaysia are Tamil. They are mostly concentrated in low skilled jobs like taxi drivers etc.

i wouldnt underestimate the tamils if i were you. Tamil Nadu has more industry, research and technology than your country can ever achieve in the next 30 years. many indian cars are made in tamil nadu

Good post.

This is why China did not stir up trouble there, after the anti-Chinese pogroms in Malaysia and Indonesia a few decades back.

Because they were never our citizens to begin with. They left China hundreds of years ago. Though it makes me happy to see that they still kept their Chinese culture and language even after hundreds of years.

All overseas Chinese had Chinese citizenship before Mr. coward Zhou Englai abolished it because the young People's Republic need support of those SE Asian countries. The CCP exchanged the fate of those Chinese for its international recognition. Those overseas Chinese then were forced to relinquish Chinese citizenship. Some of the older generation even never took new citizenship and became countryless people. They didn't want to be Malaysian or whatever.

Get facts straight. The PRC also abolished dual citizenship because the CCP wanted to appease those SE Asian nations, so those overseas Chinese could become royal citizens of host nations. But the Indonesian massacre and other various anti-Chinese actions in those countries speak otherwise.

Again, they were forced by the CCP government to give up Chinese citizenship, and the CCPe government therefore would have no responsibility whatsoever over them. The CCP's action and ideology are in direct contrast to the policies that Chinese empires have practiced for millenniums. They don't care about people; they only care about their ruling.

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit.

Chola Empire (A Tamil Empire) There is a reason why Indians (Tamils) are the third largest community. Read some history before posting and you are junior Think tank.

Please think before posting (Think! tank)

CholaEmpire.jpg

Actually, Indian history is very pattchy. There are not much records. Hindu influence probably just spread through trade between South East Asia rather then acting like sub-ordinates. Understanding Indian history is very frustrating. In fact there is not a Indian empire. The sub-continent is a mix of many Kingdoms that rise and fall or co exist with one another. Trying to think of Indian history as one andity is a big mistake.

The indians in Malaysia are high or low in castle system ? Maybe some reasons could be found through it. Malaysia is one of the most peaceful muslim countries consisting of multi-race.

Actually, Indian history is very pattchy. There are not much records. Hindu influence probably just spread through trade between South East Asia rather then acting like sub-ordinates. Understanding Indian history is very frustrating. In fact there is not a Indian empire. The sub-continent is a mix of many Kingdoms that rise and fall or co exist with one another. Trying to think of Indian history as one andity is a big mistake.

But for an Indian its different. Hinduism bound all the communities together all kingdoms knew the existence of India (Bharatha).
India sacred texts also mentions the existence of one country called Bharatha.

Though there were many kingdoms they all shared the same vision of being a part of Bharatha. Reading Indian history from a western point of view is frustrating because they dont realize the link btw kingdoms. But if you read it from a vedic context you can see what i mean.

The indians in Malaysia are high or low in castle system ? Maybe some reasons could be found through it. Malaysia is one of the most peaceful muslim countries consisting of multi-race.

The caste system is very much alive even in Malaysia.

During British rule in India (approximately a hundred years ago), the British actually send Indian Tamils to work in Malaysia to work in the rubber factory.

i wouldnt underestimate the tamils if i were you. Tamil Nadu has more industry, research and technology than your country can ever achieve in the next 30 years. many indian cars are made in tamil nadu

Most of the Tamils who went to Malaysia were not engineers or civil servants but indentured laborers. The mix of Malaysia's anti minority policy, remote locations of these fading plantations and lack of will to improve their lives has damned these Tamils to a cycle of poverty.

Back
Top Bottom