What's new

Indian Supreme Court rejects Sanjay Dutt’s review plea

Slav Defence

THINK TANK VICE CHAIRMAN: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NEW DELHI: The Indian Supreme Court dismissed on Friday the review petition filed by Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt against his sentencing earlier by the court in a case pertaining to the 1993 Mumbai blasts, DawnNews reported.
Dutt was also ordered to appear in court on May 18.

India’s Supreme Court had sentenced popular film actor Sanjay Dutt on March 21 this year to a five-year prison term.

The popular star said he would not be seeking pardon and would surrender to police forces after completing his pending films.

Earlier, Dutt was sentenced on July 31, 2007 to six years in jail for illegal weapons possession acquired from terrorist acquaintances, who were responsible for the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts. He was, however, acquitted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
can anyone tell me the detail of this news??:sick:
lol this actor is so good...and i am astonished to see such charges on him!

He was first accused for using his house as a place for weapons safe. Police did recover weapons. He confessed first, but later retracted. Congress were putting undue pressure on agencies to give him a light sentence.
His parents were so good, that they helped many people in society, organised special shows for army mens in border etc
But he was in bad company off Dawood Ibrahim ( Many actors and actress were). Finally anti terrorism laws were taken off him, court have given him a lighter sentence of 5 years, of which he should spend 3 and half years in jail (he spend 1 n half in jail already).
Now using others to tr to get pardon.
He should better spend get the punishment with grace. Being rich simply should simply should not have any advantages before Law.

So what's the big deal? Why is this huge news that the media has been flogging as headlines for the whole blessed day? Haven't we had enough of the antics of Bollywood stars already? We Indians are obsessed with cricketers and Bollywood as though nothing else matters on mother Earth! I think we need to grow up.

So what's the big deal? Why is this huge news that the media has been flogging as headlines for the whole blessed day? Haven't we had enough of the antics of Bollywood stars already? We Indians are obsessed with cricketers and Bollywood as though nothing else matters on mother Earth! I think we need to grow up.

No actually...everyone is obsessed with actors and such characters....what hurts us the most that when we see such talented,well educated people charged/condemned for horrible crimes,like supporting terrorist/mafia ...or cases like rape(i don't remember the name)..
or like spot fixing like amir......
it is because such talented people are idealized by youth..

He was first accused for using his house as a place for weapons safe. Police did recover weapons. He confessed first, but later retracted. Congress were putting undue pressure on agencies to give him a light sentence.
His parents were so good, that they helped many people in society, organised special shows for army mens in border etc
But he was in bad company off Dawood Ibrahim ( Many actors and actress were). Finally anti terrorism laws were taken off him, court have given him a lighter sentence of 5 years, of which he should spend 3 and half years in jail (he spend 1 n half in jail already).
Now using others to tr to get pardon.
He should better spend get the punishment with grace. Being rich simply should simply should not have any advantages before Law.

thats really a tragedy...seriously he is such a good actor....i don't know why he did that!

No actually...everyone is obsessed with actors and such characters....what hurts us the most that when we see such talented,well educated people charged/condemned for horrible crimes,like supporting terrorist/mafia ...or cases like rape(i don't remember the name)..
SHINEY AHUJA and he is serving his jail term without uncalled hopa holla.

SHINEY AHUJA and he is serving his jail term without uncalled hopa holla.

yeah.....shiney ahuja...i mean uska tu fan club bhi bun gaya tha.....:undecided:
seriously buhat dukh hota hai....

was he convicted? I thought it was just a case to get more money out of him...

It seems, I am not allowed to post the links. but you can remove the undesired spaces in http

h ttp://w ww.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12916886

was he convicted? I thought it was just a case to get more money out of him...

really???he was charged of raping his maid while he was drunk....if this is so not true then this is unfair with him..but if yes then..he is doomed~!

This was bound to happen.

An Appeal is admissible in Supreme court only under following circumstances.

1. The convict has been sentenced to death after high court has pulled up the case from a lower court.

2. The convict has been sentenced to death by high court after upturning adverse decision of lower court.

3. There is a significant question regarding interpretation of law in a particular case.

4. By suo-motto under article 136.

Sanjay dutt did not qualified under any category hence his review appeal was rejected.

Back
Top Bottom