What's new

Indian space scientists praise Chinese space feat

good job china, china has got ahead in the manned space flight missions. india will be soon catching up after once gslv is proven man rated this year. all i can say is that india wont stay behind and will do manned space missions.

You asked me why China only made few manned mission, and here is my answer.

Because such of our manned mission is experimental and we made a lot of progress such time.

2003: manned mission with one astronaut

2005: manned mission with two astronauts

2008: manned mission with three astronauts and space walking

:coffee:

2012 manned mision with four astronauts :coffee:
(the fourth one was hidden, probably).

Btw.. 2003, 2005, 2008 and 2012 makes an arithmetic sequence... simple high school maths. :laugh:

So, we already predict the next one: 2017 with five astronauts.

And extending the logic, how many years to ship china out of the earth ?? :laugh:

----

You want to invite light hearted banter, you're welcome. I oblige.

za2.gif

good job china, china has got ahead in the manned space flight missions. india will be soon catching up after once gslv is proven man rated this year. all i can say is that india wont stay behind and will do manned space missions.

The manned mission is a very tough job actually, since West Europe and Japan all dream to conduct their own manned mission, yet they still couldn't realize their dream.

USA and USSR were not being called as the superpowers for nothing, they were the masters of the large complex system where even West Europe and Japan couldn't follow on track. You can make a high quality single piece of component, but when everything is putting together, it would not be that easy.

And since China is the third independent nation who got there, these are all the obstacles that we have overcome so far. :coffee:

Just the other way around. India has nothing to show but brags all the time.

Yes of course. My time in PDF has given me enough experience to make clear that i can never counter you Hafizzz. And, Nice work so far(as usual)

2012 manned mision with four astronauts :coffee:
(the fourth one was hidden, probably).

Btw.. 2003, 2005, 2008 and 2012 makes an arithmetic sequence... simple high school maths. :laugh:

So, we already predict the next one: 2017 with five astronauts.

And extending the logic, how many years to ship china out of the earth ?? :laugh:

----

You want to invite light hearted banter, you're welcome. I oblige.

Nah, after 2015 the density of the manned mission will be much higher since we will be busy with our spacelab Tiangong. :coffee:

The manned mission is a very tough job actually, since West Europe and Japan all dream to conduct their own manned mission, yet they still couldn't realize their dream.

USA and USSR were not being called as the superpowers for nothing, they were the masters of the large complex system where even West Europe and Japan couldn't follow on track. You can make a high quality single piece of component, but when everything is putting together, it would not be that easy.

And since China is the third independent nation who got there, these are all the obstacles that we have overcome so far. :coffee:

that is tru, but todays space missions are very different than before, what i think is that india already has a rocket capable of sending a shenzhou size capsule in space but it is not man rated and has failed twice in 1 year, phuck my lifeeeeeee :hitwall:, india has already conducted reentry od a capsule and another one will be tested this year in sept.

india has already prepared a model of space module and shown it to government and crew support syatem and crew escape system is under development and is supposed to be tested this year in june sometime according to isro outcome document. i think the space suits will be purchased from russia. this indian space scientist at 37:00 clearly says that the reason why we dont have the approval yet to launch a man in space is because of failures. we have to prive the rocket. i dont think india lacks any tech except a man rated rocket.
Indian perspective on Manned Space Missions - reasons & necessary Technologies [Aero India 2011] - YouTube

that is tru, but todays space missions are very different than before, what i think is that india already has a rocket capable of sending a shenzhou size capsule in space but it is not man rated and has failed twice in 1 year, phuck my lifeeeeeee :hitwall:, india has already conducted reentry od a capsule and another one will be tested this year in sept.

india has already prepared a model of space module and shown it to government and crew support syatem and crew escape system is under development and is supposed to be tested this year in june sometime according to isro outcome document. i think the space suits will be purchased from russia. this indian space scientist at 37:00 clearly says that the reason why we dont have the approval yet to launch a man in space is because of failures. we have to prive the rocket. i dont think india lacks any tech except a man rated rocket.
Indian perspective on Manned Space Missions - reasons & necessary Technologies [Aero India 2011] - YouTube

To have a large payload rocket is just the first step, then you need to master the re-entry technology and the reliability must be extremely high.

China also wants to speed up the development, but these things you can't really rush though, one mistake would cost you dearly.

The Chinese scientists always believe that Rome is not built in a single day, you have really to build up the strong foundation step by step. :coffee:

Nah, after 2015 the density of the manned mission will be much higher since we will be busy with our spacelab Tiangong. :coffee:

Tiangong-1

800px-Tiangong_1_drawing.png

Tiangong-1 (Chinese: 天宫一号; pinyin: Tiāngōng yīhào; literally "Heavenly Palace 1") is China's first space laboratory module,[7] an experimental testbed to demonstrate the rendezvous and docking capabilities needed to support a space station complex.[8] Launched unmanned aboard a Long March 2F/G rocket[1] on 29 September 2011,[9] it is part of the Tiangong program, which aims to place a larger, modular station into orbit by 2020.[8] Tiangong-1 will be deorbited in 2013,[10] and replaced over the following decade by the larger Tiangong-2 and Tiangong-3 modules.
Tiangong-1 will be visited by a series of Shenzhou spacecraft during its two-year operational lifetime. The first of these, the unmanned Shenzhou 8, successfully docked with the module in November 2011.[11][12] The manned Shenzhou 9 mission launched to Tiangong-1 in June 2012.[13][14]

Design and development

According to the China National Space Administration (CNSA), Tiangong-1 is an 8.5-metric-ton (19,000 lb) "space-laboratory module", capable of supporting the docking of manned and autonomous spacecraft. In 2008, the official website of the CMSEO posted a brief description of Tiangong-1, along with its larger successor modules, Tiangong-2 and Tiangong-3. A model of the space station was revealed in the Chinese Lunar New Year celebration program on CCTV on 25 January 2009.[15]
On 29 September 2008, Zhang Jianqi (张建启), Vice Director of the China Manned Space Engineering Office (CMSEO), declared in an interview with China Central Television (CCTV)[16] that Tiangong-1 would be launched in 2010 or 2011. Xinhua later stated that Tiangong-1 would be launched in late 2010, and declared that the renovation of ground equipment was in progress.[17] However, the launch did not ultimately take place until 2011.
By mid-2011, the construction of Tiangong-1 was complete, and testing its electronic, mechanical and thermal properties was underway. Testing was also conducted on the Long March 2F carrier rocket on which Tiangong-1 would be launched; technicians undertook particularly extensive safety tests on the rocket in August and September 2011,[9] following the launch failure of a Long March 2C rocket on 18 August.

Structure

Tiangong-1 has a pressurised habitable volume of approximately 15 cubic metres (530 cu ft), and uses passive APAS-type docking connectors.[18] Structurally, Tiangong-1 is divided into two primary sections: a resource module, which mounts its solar panels and propulsion systems, and a larger, habitable experimental module.[19]

Onboard facilities

Tiangong-1's experimental module is equipped with exercise gear and two sleep stations.[4] The interior walls of the spacecraft have a two-color paint scheme – one color representative of the ground, and the other representative of the sky. This is intended to help the astronauts maintain their orientation in zero gravity.[4] High-resolution interior cameras will allow manned missions to be closely overseen from the ground, and the two sleep stations have individual lighting controls.[20] Toilet facilities and cooking equipment for the manned missions will likely be provided by the docked Shenzhou spacecraft, rather than being integrated into the Tiangong module itself.[20] Similarly, one member of the module's three-person crew will likely sleep in the Shenzhou spacecraft, preventing overcrowding.[20]

^^^^ It will be useful to build technologies. But so far, nobody has made any money by manned flights.

That's why EU and Japan never tried (not because they are less on technology).

India should use it like a technology booster .. but no hurries, since it needs sinking money with no immediate returns.

Actually i m kind of pro india after reading mainly positive comments on TOI comment page with regard on this space mission>

Must give credit to indians for mainly positive comments on this mission so thank you india

Back
Top Bottom