What's new

Indian SLBM with 4,500 KM Range Under Development

Kalam would make more sense, since he is widely regarded as our own missile man

BTW: what laser tech? weapons???

The KALI is not a laser weapon as commonly believed. It emits powerful pulses of electrons (Relativistic Electron Beams- REB). Other components in the machine down the line convert the electron energy into EM Radiation, which can be adjusted to x-ray (as Flash X-Rays) or microwave (High Power Microwave) frequencies.

This has fueled hopes that the KALI could, one day be used in a High-Power Microwave gun, which could destroy incoming missiles and aircraft through soft-kill (destroying the electronic circuitry on the missile). However, weaponising such a system has many obstacles to overcome.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...fOKco05Bf8GvRh82tdByg&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.bmk

"There have been reports of placing the weaponized KALI in an Il-76 aircraft as an airborne defence system." that would be awesome.... does anyone have other sources except wikipedia?

Nope, this hasn't been any conformed and guessing that we are very new to missile defense systems this would be feat if accomplished. All you can do is be optimistic and hope it's true.

BTW: what laser tech? weapons???

The KALI is not a laser weapon as commonly believed. It emits powerful pulses of electrons (Relativistic Electron Beams- REB). Other components in the machine down the line convert the electron energy into EM Radiation, which can be adjusted to x-ray (as Flash X-Rays) or microwave (High Power Microwave) frequencies.

This has fueled hopes that the KALI could, one day be used in a High-Power Microwave gun, which could destroy incoming missiles and aircraft through soft-kill (destroying the electronic circuitry on the missile). However, weaponising such a system has many obstacles to overcome.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...fOKco05Bf8GvRh82tdByg&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.bmk

Which effectively is a X-ray laser .. !! :)

Laser is nothing but highly monochromatic and unidirectional rays which the X-rays/microwaves should be to have any dent on the missile !!

EzioAltaïr;3727924 said:
K5 > K4 > K15.

Logic = non-existent.

yup.. kind of realized .. but one thing, when K4 is in development, how the fook K5 came into being :cheesy:

yup.. kind of realized .. but one thing, when K4 is in development, how the fook K5 came into being :cheesy:

K5 = SLBM Agni VI. There were reports of the development of an SLBM Agni VI, with 6000km range, and payload of 1 tonne. The name I think is speculation (correct me if its not speculation).

The Agni VI itself will come at least 3 years later, so K-5 is a looooooooong way away.

EzioAltaïr;3727994 said:
K5 = SLBM Agni VI. There were reports of the development of an SLBM Agni VI, with 6000km range, and payload of 1 tonne. The name I think is speculation (correct me if its not speculation).

The Agni VI itself will come at least 3 years later, so K-5 is a looooooooong way away.

Even i heard the same but Agnis as such can't be fit inside any SSBN. It's just too big. And the reason why Agni-VI was expected is since Agni-V has merely gate crashed into ICBM categrory.. we need much longer range missiles not now but definitely in future. SO Agni-VI is definitely coming, its only a matter of time. And the corresponding SLBM equivalent will be i don't know K-5 ?

Wasn't the third and fourth of arihant class supposed to be bigger than arihant ???

So when will the developement of S5 new class of SSBN actually start ??

not many news on that but somewhere i read that production will be started by 2018-2019....

Back
Top Bottom