Indian Scientist Forgotten in Higgs Boson Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndoCarib

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Scientists in Switzerland said they had discovered a new particle which is likely crucial to current understanding of how the universe is built. But did people know there’s an Indian angle to all off this?

No, not that Indians, like all of us, live in the universe. The long-sought particle, known as Higgs boson, is partly named for an Indian scientist.

The scientist in question, Satyendra Nath Bose, worked with Albert Einstein in the 1920s and made discoveries that led to a kind of particle being named for him.

It was Peter Higgs, a British physicist, who in the 1960s made advances in the field, resulting in the naming of Higgs boson.

Indian newspapers have been unhappy that their star scientist’s name has somehow been forgotten in all of this.

For a start, only the “H” in Higgs boson is capitalized in most cases. In many cases, it’s referred to as the Higgs particle, erasing all allusion to the Indian scientist.

Last year, The Times of India opined: “Unfortunately, no one seems to care about, at least conveniently forgets, Satyendra Nath Bose, the late Indian physicist whose last name bears the mark of a set of particles including the elusive Higgs boson.”

Proof that the particle exists would help explain a big puzzle: why some objects in the universe—such as the quark, a constituent of protons—have mass, while

Indian Scientist Forgotten in Higgs Boson Drama - India Real Time - WSJ

Peter Higgs
OB-TQ021_ipeter_D_20120704031732.jpg

Satyedra Nath Bose
Satyendra+Nath+Bose+Picture.jpg

i was knowing this. Bose sir is looking like azim premjee

there is famous einstein-Bose theory.

Stop taking credits from others achievements. I have seen so many times Indians complaining people steeling achievements, while they themselves look down on their own country as a matter of fact. All the great free thinkers leave the country to EU US and some are even ashamed to call themselves Indian nationals. As terming as an Indian national on the international arena brings out the quality of research institutes which are horrible.
Just to give you a perspective: An engineering Indian student works day and night to get into a iit for example... In the process of achieving the place he forgets to think in an open mind. the persons thinking of new ideas other than their TB and marks are just faded away they only care of grades and nothing else

Hence Indian media are just attention seekers for others achievements. BTW as a Physicist my self I know the contributions of bose Einstein theory. But the contributions made by Einstein outweigh Bose. Einstein made discoveries with several people not just bose. Indian media is just an attention thinking S***rs

Stop taking credits from others achievements. I have seen so many times Indians complaining people steeling achievements, while they themselves look down on their own country as a matter of fact. All the great free thinkers leave the country to EU US and some are even ashamed to call themselves Indian nationals. As terming as an Indian national on the international arena brings out the quality of research institutes which are horrible.
Just to give you a perspective: An engineering Indian student works day and night to get into a iit for example... In the process of achieving the place he forgets to think in an open mind. the persons thinking of new ideas other than their TB and marks are just faded away they only care of grades and nothing else

Hence Indian media are just attention seekers for others achievements. BTW as a Physicist my self I know the contributions of bose Einstein theory. But the contributions made by Einstein outweigh Bose. Einstein made discoveries with several people not just bose. Indian media is just an attention thinking S***rs

i have seeing many achievers here in USA who proudly call themselves Indian and lobby for Indian interests in DC ... please correct your facts and do some research before posting crap

You are talking through your hat. You obviously don't know what god particle is and what is Bose's contribution.

Why can't we indians have a Prize for acheivements made by our people??why go after a foreign award..??

We need to first learn how to honour our people then others will honour them

You are talking through your hat. You obviously don't know what god particle is and what is Bose's contribution.

his post is out of hate and jelousy...ignore the joker

Why dont you remove Bosan word then..because this word belongs to Bose......FYI ....Einstein helped to publish Bose paper in Germany and added his own name in free and it became Bose Einstein theory. Bose never went to out of country before publishing this theory....

I dont understand why so much bitterness in your post...Looks like some Indian took you job away from you....or unable to accept that entire God Particle invention credit should go to Bose first than Higgs and other...

If you think that there is no contribution from Indian scientist in this Big Bang test...then you are wrong....lots of instruments are sent from india including critical magnets for the testd

I am saying in a wide range of theories not just one.
You cant disregard be as a physicist just because you say so.
Here in UK when I met one of my prof he is Indian and has a fresh accent, yet he thinks he is more british than indian..
I have seen wide range of examples in industry alone and I know how most people think.

ofcourse we can be poor,we can be corrupt but when it comes to india we are very patriot and i don't think there is hardly a indian who is ashamed of their nationality.

I am saying in a wide range of theories not just one.
You cant disregard be as a physicist just because you say so.
Here in UK when I met one of my prof he is Indian and has a fresh accent, yet he thinks he is more british than indian..
I have seen wide range of examples in industry alone and I know how most people think.

your basing your theory on one person i have met 100s of Indians in US UK ... they are here from some of them are here from Generations .. they identify themselves as Indian first ... and talking about UK .. you should know that the Richest man in UK is an Indian passport holder...

Why dont you remove Bosan then......FYI ....Einstein helped to publish Bose in Germany and added his one name in free Einstein theory. Bose never went to out of country before publishing this theory....

I dont understand the so much bitterness in your post...Looks like some Indian took you job away from you....or unable to accept that entire God Particle invention credit should to Bose first than Higgs and other...

If you think that there is no contribution from Indian scientist in this Big Bang test...then you are wrong....lots of instruments are sent from india including critical magnets for the testd

haha I do have a job and no it was not replaced by a so called Indian as you say. I am half indian so there you go... Einstein was a good guy, not that Bose was a bad person, but in industry you will never see any person speak highly of Bose. Its just the fact. Industry just sees Einstein as he contributed More than Bose on wider perspectives on theories. Bose is a good person but you cant just say he was better than Einstein just cause he is Indian. Its the view of the industry that counts not your own nationalistic perspective.

And no I dont hate India as a country, but hate narrow minded ultra narrow minded nationalistic freaks

Exactly. There are many instances where the west had taken credit for what was actually eastern discoveries

they take credit for what they grabbed for granted, this has been for centuries. Yet they never stop smearing eastern nations for stealing or copycat "theirs".

haha I do have a job and no it was not replaced by a so called Indian as you say. I am half indian so there you go... Einstein was a good guy, not that Bose was a bad person, but in industry you will never see any person speak highly of Bose. Its just the fact. Industry just sees Einstein as he contributed More than Bose on wider perspectives on theories. Bose is a good person but you cant just say he was better than Einstein just cause he is Indian. Its the view of the industry that counts not your own nationalistic perspective.

And no I dont hate India as a country, but hate narrow minded ultra narrow minded nationalistic freaks

I never said he was better that Einstein

Read this before saying anything else..
Satyendra Nath Bose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Satyendra Nath Bose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom