What's new

Indian ripoff of Pakistani songs continues...

As posted above, The Tamils and Malayalees are also copying from people like MJ and others.

Mainstream, underground bands, everyone is busy fooling the Indian audience that they actually have some talent in composing music. Somebody previously implied that these are obscure artists, I think the mainstream is more of a copy cat. Some of the non-movie (which ever region) based music coming out of India seems the most original - Mostly Punjabi or mostly lets say from those British Indians.

These loose words weakens your argument further. I assume you as a Hindi apprehender wouldn't have the chance to touch with South Indian languages and music.(but as a Dubai resident I doubt;))

Music Plagiarism happens everywhere in the world be it in Hindi or English. But as a bigger industry (bollywood) it needs good tune in quick time. So some of the composers lifts the tune which already been accepted in another region. But it is not necessary that all these Music Directors completely relied upon lifting(except Pritam:lol:).

itwofs.com - chronicles of plagiarism in indian film music

Bollywood copies hollywood

Songs and Movies....The list is endless

Last edited by a moderator:
Music chor, water chor, movie chor the list is endless

chappal chor also........... :D

I am not able to understand when Indian musicians are copying so much why the hell people are not filing cases against them. not even a single case.

How does this topic even makes a difference?

If the singer doesn't have a problem with it then why do you?
It'd be a different story if the singers didn't know about their songs being copied, which may be a case with the arabic singers! :lol:

I'm not surprised by this since Pakistani talent when it comes to music is enormous which I'm very proud of by the way! :yahoo:

:pakistan:

Well if we make money out of copying and some of that money cones from Pakistan than no problem. I will say keep doing it.

Music chor, water chor, movie chor the list is endless

water chor is like this. chinese steal from india, india steal from pakistan, in pakistan punjab steals from Sindh and Baluchistan. sab chor hain.
the whole water issue is raked by Pak only so that punjab can steal water from Sindhis and blame Indians for it. It has been proved so many times that india is adhereing to IWT, dam willl not affect the quantum of water and yet you guys never stop. oh well

Piracy is against the law in Pakistan, people in Pakistan are not claiming other's hardwork as their own.

Of course it goes to show the caliber of Indian music, without Pakistanis half of your famous music wouldn't even exist.

see your argument doesnt count, even if pakistai music industries dries out we have korean, french, arabic to copy from .....:P

alas! its only in India can you see trash composers like pritam, anu malik on one hand and great geniuses like A.R.Rahman on another

Last edited by a moderator:
May be all these have copied bollywood music. Since bollywood music is available every where , and lot of local singer and band can copy them and produce songs in their local language.

Ok.. Its correct that some hit Pak numbers are appearing in Bollywood. I have great respect for the talent of severl Paks like Nusrat and Mehdi Hasan (never for Adnan Sami ..lol) But remember that most of the songs appear either in soom b-grade indipop video or a low budget movie (mostly). I have not heard of most songs that were mentioned in this thread, probably because I dont see these low budget flop shows. the music director does not have to pay a fee for ripping off.
And also there is a certain anu Malik and a certain Bappi lahiri. They are the original music chors (explanation given by bappi is that sangeet to 7 suron ka mel hain) Dont include them in this topic, they are a class apart (in a -ve way)
Even AR rahman has lifted several tunes in his compositions and I have also seen several of ARR's tunes in western movies w/o acknowledgements. So i think this just happens in the industry.
Think of it this way, by these rip-offs the Pak singers are able to have a better market in india for their talent, because people recognize it at some point.

May be all these have copied bollywood music. Since bollywood music is available every where , and lot of local singer and band can copy them and produce songs in their local language.
Yes Pakistanis copied a good 10-30 years before the Indian version was released...

Back
Top Bottom