What's new

Indian Railways- A journey of Culture, By Steve McCurry.

Major.

Reaction score
Steve-McCurry-Photographs-Indias-Railroads-m.jpg

Steve-McCurry-Photographs-Indias-Railroads-k.jpg

Steve-McCurry-Photographs-Indias-Railroads-l.jpg

Steve-McCurry-Photographs-Indias-Railroads-i.jpg

Steve-McCurry-Photographs-Indias-Railroads-f.jpg

Steve-McCurry-Photographs-Indias-Railroads-e.jpg

A tribute to Indian Railways.

Credits to Sameer7678

Last edited by a moderator:
My own experience of Indian railways, some few years back, is a nightmare journey and a vision of hell on earth. Big rats everywhere, giant black cockroaches ramping everywhere, bugs in the seats, flies everywhere, seats completely torn and damaged, the door is damaged so that you can cut your hands. No toilets or if you want to find one which is vacant, just follow the flies, if ever toilets exists, then better not to use them. No paper toilets, passengers defeacating outside and directly on the toilet seats and cubicle, toilets not flushed for months as the toilets evacuation sytem blocked and human defeacation everywhere. So better to carry your toilets papers and also germ free hand sanitiser. Use also the paper toilets to wipe the toilets seats as they are often wet, being given that Indian passengers still don't know how to use them so better to use the squat toilets. The smell of defeacation and sweat mixed together could force anyone to vomit. So better to put your head outside the windows, its dangerous but it is worst if you remain in the wagons. The carriage full of passengers is similar to the lorries transporting animals for slaughter. No air con so it is hotter than in a sauna. Don't eat the meals as rats and cockroahes have already taken their share of the meals. Thieves also enter the carriages at night, so better to guard all your personal belongings.

Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh had proposed, in July 2012, projects worth $130 million project to rid India of the scourge of open defecation and clean up a rail system he described as the world's "largest open toilet".

In fact Indian Railways are reputed for these and many Western tourists wishing to experience sensationalism and a special journey of peace and love like to travel in the Indian rails. Its really an experience in its own which I don't want to live again. A traumatizing experience. But its also the best way to see the dark side of Shining India and to experience the real Indian life.

India Train Travel - Tips for Long Distance India Train Travel

Indian rail is world's largest 'open toilet': Jairam Ramesh | NDTV.com

My own experience of Indian railways, some few years back, is a nightmare journey and a vision of hell on earth. Big rats everywhere, giant black cockroaches ramping everywhere, bugs in the seats, flies everywhere, seats completely torn and damaged, the door is damaged so that you can cut your hands. No toilets or if you want to find one which is vacant, just follow the flies, if ever toilets exists, then better not to use them. No paper toilets, passengers defeacating outside and directly on the toilet seats and cubicle, toilets not flushed for months as the toilets evacuation sytem blocked and human defeacation everywhere. So better to carry your toilets papers and also germ free hand sanitiser. Use also the paper toilets to wipe the toilets seats as they are often wet, being given that Indian passengers still don't know how to use them so better to use the squat toilets. The smell of defeacation and sweat mixed together could force anyone to vomit. So better to put your head outside the windows, its dangerous but it is worst if you remain in the wagons. The carriage full of passengers is similar to the lorries transporting animals for slaughter. No air con so it is hotter than in a sauna. Don't eat the meals as rats and cockroahes have already taken their share of the meals. Thieves also enter the carriages at night, so better to guard all your personal belongings.

Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh had proposed, in July 2012, projects worth $130 million project to rid India of the scourge of open defecation and clean up a rail system he described as the world's "largest open toilet".

In fact Indian Railways are reputed for these and many Western tourists wishing to experience sensationalism and a special journey of peace and love like to travel in the Indian rails. Its really an experience in its own which I don't want to live again. A traumatizing experience. But its also the best way to see the dark side of Shining India and to experience the real Indian life.

I will post pictures of my own experince of Chinese Speed Train and you will see the difference.

Please talk about pr or chinese railway in some other thread... don't post your rant here... the thread is about Indian railways..

In fact Indian Railways are reputed for these and many Western tourists wishing to experience sensationalism and a special journey of peace and love like to travel in the Indian rails. Its really an experience in its own which I don't want to live again. A traumatizing experience. For those who are But its also the best way to see the dark side of Shining India and to experience the real Indian life.

I will post pictures of my own experince of Chinese Speed Train and you will see the difference.

Leave aside china, it is world's only super power in 'ASIA', it dose miracle overnight. Were did I post we dont have BIG rats, etc etc. Tell me about your experience in your own railway's. I am sure your are not gonna tell your experience bocz one cannot survive after boarding your train.

But i will make sure that i will show your experience in your own railways supplied by your higher than everest, deeper than ocean, sweeter than honey friend....!!! Every one plz watch this video A MUST WATCH

Last edited by a moderator:

Fake BS,

Pakistani using toilet paper!!

Utter non-sense!

When where you in India? In which train and which class did you travel? Where did you stay,which state? Kindly explain!

Another Windjammer in making !

I don't know why this post is not liked by RazPak til now ?

I m sure it was a train from Pakistan to China... by mistake he said India...

He is exagerating. But the railways is not in a good shape. And no minister is willing to raise tarrifs to generate the cash to change things.

Indian railways have come a long way....there indeed was a time when Indian railways wasnt as good as its now...but today we can say Indian railways is a pride for Indians. as far as the pakistani claiming he has travlled in Indian train..well am sure the experience he is sharing, is nowhere even close to Indian Railways..even if he has traveled in ageneral coach in Bihar..its not thats bad.

We need to start private passenger trains....bcoz n e ways IR is not getting much profit from passenger services.....its the freight trains which earns it profits

The toilets on those long distance Indian trains dump straight out onto the tracks that much is true. Its also true that laypeople in India do defecate in the open on the train tracks, sides of roads etc, we seen all that on our trip to India.

The toilets on those long distance Indian trains dump straight out onto the tracks that much is true. Its also true that laypeople in India do defecate in the open on the train tracks, sides of roads etc, we seen all that on our trip to India.
"Khuli hawa main karne ka anand hi kuch aur hota hai." :D (Doing it in open, is a bliss in is own right)

In villages, people wake up way early in the morning, take a bottle full of water and go out for walk for 1-2 kilometers, do it. Its like morning walk and in the mean time attending nature's call. Too good for health. :D

I agree, the track side ones are the most disgusting ones. BTW billions of Indians travel through trains in India over long distance too, unlike other countries. So you have to go once and how can Railways contain it.

Its more because of the problem that is responsible for this behavior. Most people don't go while train is on platform. But still, Indians don't ever stop for anything. :D

We need to start private passenger trains....bcoz n e ways IR is not getting much profit from passenger services.....its the freight trains which earns it profits
Not good for people. Railways has to be cheap for our nation of this population size and income.

Back
Top Bottom