What's new

Indian pressure on France stopped Thunder Upgrade WIKI leaks Very

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 way before Rafale deal finalised. ...

Frenchies only care about money.

Better to make 20 billion from India than 1 billion from Pakistan.

The first thing is that who has (and can spend) the 20 Billion compared to the 1 Billion....
As they say: "Paisa yaa Pyaar". :)
Life s just like that.....only.

and still we done it
sd-10+JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jets+Fitted+sd-10+bvr+aam+c-802a+antiship+missile+Fixed+In-Flight+Refuelling+%28IFR%29+Probe+pakistan+air+force+paf+il-78+tanker+blcok+I+II+III+IV%281%29.jpg
is this the blok-2 ?? coz i can see the ifr probe ??

Well it's quite well knownNothng new in this story and its precisely the reason why I have been asking why would France agree to allow UAE to transfer mirage 2000-9 as some members believe.

More interestingly, the PL-12 story helps us understand why KLV-7V2 was developed and how after block 2 (and block1 upgrade) JFT will become fully BVR (and PGM) capable. Slightly late but we got there with much less sanction prone options.

What I read is that the French drowned a USD 8+ Billion deal with Pakistan for a 'potential' USD 12 Billion deal with India.......almost 5 years ago!!

Hmm.........

If we were to have diplomatic relations with Israel, there would have been more options for us, but unfortunately our foreign policy is too messed up !!!

Very interesting artcile on PAF approach for Mica and french radar intergration into block one

The Global Intelligence Files - INDIA/FRANCE/PAKISTAN/MIL- India clears Mirage upgrade deal, Paris turns down Pak news

Seems the indians pressured the french to pull the plug on this

I assumed it was financial reasons only.

Also intresting note on PL12 and the chinease fire and control; radar being too limited to exploit the missles full range

There a big thread on the UAE mirages in here and this news will hopefully give a very good counter argument on to why french weapons are not only very expensive but hard to acquire due to politics.

PAF might be better sticking with uncle sam & chinease
We have Russia now with China and Turkey. These 3 will be our main partners of future.

Anyways nothing new we know that very well and have moved on since.

Now we know why French charged an arm and two legs for upgrading IAF's Mirage fleet.

And are adding 10 arms like Ravana to the IAF Mirage 2ks for the price of one arm and 2 legs.
Adding "more real muscle" to the M2Ks which are high on IAF's list of "favorite birds" :)
Thus any discussion on PAF acquiring the ME M2Ks actually borders on............................. ;)

I think it's eye opener.

If India did pressure france

Firstly it shows the diplomatic clout.

Secondly if true it shows pak airforce prefer western technology over Eastern but having to make do

Third it us an eye opener to those banging the drum on getting the UAE mirages

I think it's eye opener.

If India did pressure france

Firstly it shows the diplomatic clout.

Secondly if true it shows pak airforce prefer western technology over Eastern but having to make do

Third it us an eye opener to those banging the drum on getting the UAE mirages
Its an eye opener for some Pakistanis here. More knowledgeable members always knew these things.

It is funny to see Indians pressurising other countries not to
sell weapons to Pakistan.

Very insecure nation.

:lol:

If you think that denying our enemies weapons is a sign of Insecurity then yes we are very insecure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom