What's new

Indian-origin engineer makes 3D device that prints food for astronauts

Dem!god

Reaction score
Country
India
astronaut_505_012714022300.jpg

Astronaut Mike Hopkins, Expedition 38 Flight Engineer, is shown in this handout photo provided by NASA as he participates in the second of two spacewalks which took place on December 24, 2013. Reuters.

A Indian-origin mechanical engineer has developed a 3D printer that makes pizza fit for astronauts.

Mechanical engineer Anjan Contractor had won a 125,000-dollar-grant last year to build a prototype 3D printer designed to print food for astronauts on long missions, the Verge reported.

In the video from late last year, the 3D printer takes food "building blocks" to make the crust, cheese, and so-called "protein layer" for the dish, all cooked while being printed out.

Contractor had promised last spring that the cartridges the printer uses would be able to last for 30 years.

A Indian-origin mechanical engineer

I know why this news interests you.:devil:

Dem!god said:
has developed a 3D printer that makes pizza fit for astronauts.
This one reinforces my belief. :angel:

Dem!god said:
In the video from late last year, the 3D printer takes food "building blocks" to make the crust, cheese, and so-called "protein layer" for the dish, all cooked while being printed out.
Oye I want one in my kitchen ..presto!l :angel:

Now this is how food will look like if printed...

Chocolate....Yummm

image.jpg

Pizza...not bad eh???

image.jpg

Chickpea nuggets(for vegetarians like me ONLY)

image.jpg

Corn chips...those look soo good..i hope it tastes good too

image.jpg

I know why this news interests you.
This one reinforces my belief.

you know what the funny part is....now I don't remember most of the stuff....I studied in in courses...:angel:

Oye I want one in my kitchen ..presto!l
Now this how printed food will look like if printed...
why you want it in your kitchen...fresh natural food will definitely taste better...
if you are a lazy cook then it's a different story...:D:D

Chocolate....Yummm

View attachment 14602

Pizza...not bad eh???

View attachment 14603

View attachment 14604

View attachment 14605
I am also veg...:tup:
but why are you veg...any religious cause..
these look yummy...:toast_sign:

you know what the funny part is....now I don't remember most of the stuff....I studied in in courses...:angel:

why you want it in your kitchen...fresh natural food will definitely taste better...
if you are a lazy cook then it's a different story...:D:D

I know why this news interests you.:devil:

This one reinforces my belief. :angel:

Oye I want one in my kitchen ..presto!l :angel:

Now this is how food will look like if printed...

Chocolate....Yummm

View attachment 14602

Pizza...not bad eh???

View attachment 14603

View attachment 14604

View attachment 14605

non vegetarian ( Insaan or kutta chhod k sab chalta hai )8-)

non vegetarian ( Insaan or kutta chhod k sab chalta hai )8-)
bhai ...i have taken non-veg twice in my life..once a fish and then once mutton.....vomited both time ...though mutton tasted better than fish...but that very long time ago when I was kid...and this was my Mama(maternal uncle) idea to treat me on my 5th B'day...
from then onward never tried it..though most of my friends insisted...:D:tup:

3d prinitn food!!! which is edible??thats sounds crazy

Just like me....
If you send me to field I will turn out to be a dud.

Dem!god said:
if you are a lazy cook then it's a different story...
There's something called cooking on demand....such printers will help then.
Do you know how much efforts goes into searching a recipe??..using brains to understand the weird proportions?? And then sorting out the recipe region wise???
You wont understand ....and this isnt a facile solution. :(

Dem!god said:
Mom is vegetarian :)
but dad and bro are like @chak de INDIA :devil:

bhai ...i have taken non-veg twice in my life..once a fish and then once mutton.....vomited both time ...though mutton tasted better than fish...but that very long time ago when I was kid...and this was my Mama(maternal uncle) idea to treat me on my 5th B'day...
from then onward never tried it..though most of my friends insisted...:D:tup:

And i was a pure vegetarian when i was a kid :p:

But 12 cross karte hi. . khun lag gaya zuban pe.. . chicken mutton, fish, beef, pork, snake, lizard, frog, crabs, rat, pigeon, snails, sab try kar mara :bounce:

Mom is vegetarian :)
but dad and bro are like @chak de INDIA :devil:
Same is the case in my family. . . Mom and my Behena are vegetarian. . Dad and me NON_vegetarian :enjoy:

3d prinitn food!!! which is edible??thats sounds crazy
Use your imagination.....the printer isnt going to be like our normal flat printer.It will have various moulds and scientists have already found out a way by which food can be made out of lactose,albumin casein etc.So now it should not be that hard to understand.

Just like me....
If you send me to field I will turn out to be a dud.
I worked in field for a year....
but most of the stuff were based on designing, inspecting, and calibrating...still waiting for the day when I will use all those Integration and differentiation stuff.. :D:D

There's something called cooking on demand....such printers will help then.
Do you know how much efforts goes into searching a recipe??..using brains to understand the weird proportions?? And then sorting out the recipe region wise???
You wont understand ....and this isnt a facile solution.
you know what ..I am a good cook myself...and If I would have not joined engineering .., then probably hotel management..
I love cooking..kitchen are really divine place to be...:D:D:tup:

Mom is vegetarian
but dad and bro are like @chak de INDIA
my father was non-veg till his college days...but left in the religious flow..
mom never liked it from her childhood...
so, me any sister grew up in veg family...therefor whenever any friend asked me go for it..I felt like betraying my family..:tup:

As long as we we keep giving reservations to rich people our brightest minds will keep leaving us.
Sometimes I feel like leaving India.

Not rich ppl but the sc/st sub standard retards who are destroying the country's ability to cultivate science.I dont mean to generalize anything but mosot st/sc candidates are dumb and even want reservation to pass normal exams in the professional courses whre they entered due to quota in entance test.

Back
Top Bottom