What's new

Indian obsession with fairness

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not insane in India.. people will always be judged based on their attractiveness.. in uk tanned are consided attractive now
btw places where most girls are dark skinned.. its not really an issue as you are not competing with fair skinned ones..
its the place where most girls are fair and you are dark.. you will face problem in finding partner..

but then love marriage thing makes all these void.

I think it's about being rare. People will always go for the rarest ones.

When will people stop associating skin tone with beuty? British girls getting tan doesnt mean they want to look like Indian ( no offence intended). The fact is to much pale skin doesnt look right while darkest skin tone will look alright. Provided you already have pretty face like Nandita das.

its not insane in India.. people will always be judged based on their attractiveness.. in uk tanned are consided attractive now
btw places where most girls are dark skinned.. its not really an issue as you are not competing with fair skinned ones..
its the place where most girls are fair and you are dark.. you will face problem in finding partner..

but then love marriage thing makes all these void.

Come on man obviously I didn't meant that things are really bad.. but being a bit different from local population is considered as being exotic.

:smokin: :smokin: I am obsessed with Angelababy, a Shanghainess girl who moved to Hongkong when 13 years old. Is she famous in Hongkong now?

Yeah she is popular now, and we have a LOT of Shanghainese in HK. They are one of the richest communities in HK, apart from Teochew of course. :D

I saw her in a recent movie, A Simple Life (桃姐) from 2012. It's a very very good movie, I suggest that you try to watch it. It's in Cantonese but should be easy enough to understand with the Chinese subtitles.

It's about social problems in HK, like her other movie Night and Fog:

Night and Fog (2009 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though if you watch Night and Fog you will probably end up hating Hong Kongers. :P

Well technically even if I do look like Indians (which I don't), Pakistani girls are very pretty here

So you are a Dawodi Bohra of Gujrati Ethnicity ! :azn:

Just like our Quaid-e-Azam - Can you too speak the Gujrati Language ? :smitten:

I think it's about being rare. People will always go for the rarest ones.
no .. I think universally in India people want to look fair, even where girls are generally fair. This is societal pressure and arranged marriage makes the problem acute.

If everybody married the person they liked, i.e. love marriage, you will focus on much more things than just plain beauty.

So you are a Dawodi Bohra of Gujrati Ethnicity ! :azn:

Just like our Quaid-e-Azam - Can you too speak the Gujrati Language ? :smitten:

abe tu sahi main worship jinnah or showing off your pakistaniyat? :hitwall:

Yeah she is popular now, and we have a LOT of Shanghainese in HK. They are one of the richest communities in HK, apart from Teochew of course. :D

I saw her in a recent movie, A Simple Life (桃姐) from 2012. It's a very very good movie, I suggest that you try to watch it. It's in Cantonese but should be easy enough to understand with the Chinese subtitles.

It's about social problems in HK, like her other movie Night and Fog:

Night and Fog (2009 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though if you watch Night and Fog you will probably end up hating Hong Kongers. :P

Niceeee, I will download 桃姐...:cheesy: I heard this movie before, very famous. Generally HK movies are excellent, I grew up by watching HK moives. But now HK movies are not as good as previous ones...

Niceeee, I will download 桃姐...:cheesy: I heard this movie before, very famous. Generally HK movies are excellent, I grew up by watching HK moives. But now HK movies are not as good as previous ones...

桃姐 is very good, one of the best recent films from HK.

It's very simple though, no action or shooting or anything like that. Just a story of social problems in HK Chinese society, especially with respect to the elderly.

So don't expect Chow Yun Fat style shooting or anything. :smokin:

But now HK movies are not as good as previous ones...

I agree. :tup: I have started watching mainland movies more than HK movies nowadays.

Can you recommend some good ones? :) I really liked Assembly (集结号) from 2008 and The Message (风声) from 2009. Those really blew me away, they were amazing.

But we jats do man ... sala hum kisi ko kuch payar se bhi bole to lagta hai koi pathar mara ho.

I know this very well,I had jaatnis as friends but say what ever the khatri and punjabi pandit chicks r the cutest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom