What's new

Indian navy successfully test-fires BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.

LOL ok and wait for us to have the capability to have babur cruise missile in a submarine.Read below there are speculations that Pakistan is developing a system to use Babur on submarines. Now we can argue if it is true or not, but knowing Pakistan it is probably true.

Nothin compared to a SSBN my friend and the trials of which are almost complete...

LOL ok and wait for us to have the capability to have babur cruise missile in a submarine.Read below there are speculations that Pakistan is developing a system to use Babur on submarines. Now we can argue if it is true or not, but knowing Pakistan it is probably true.

Lol what submarine are you gonna put it on? INS Arihant carries 12 x K-15 SLBMs with range of 750km
to 1,900km with speed of Mach 7.5 and is quasi-ballistic, maneuverable.

Your Babun is 750km at 0.8 Mach:lol: Our coastal guns and missiles will have great fun shooting it down.

Iraqis in 1991 Gulf War could shoot down Tomahawk T-LAMs with Roland SHORADS from 1960s!
India has the latest SPYDER quick-reaction system that can pull 76Gs to take out incoming missiles,
your uber-slow Baboar is chicken-65 for it.

BABUR : hello, i am attacking you . don't SAM me .

BRAHMOS: YEEHAAA. I AM COMING BABY.

BABUR:here i come .

BRAHMOS : BOOM. SAYONARA

BABUR: on the way.

BABUR : wait for me .

BABUR: not that sam , not that SAM. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

---------------------------------------------------
that conclude our today's special " BRAHMOS VS BABUR" THREAD .

Oh boy !!! This video is fu@king awesome. Never seen before. Thanks for sharing.

This missile in this video is not Brahmos because if you the impact of the missile is so small it cannot be Brahmos.
second Brahmos is 3000 kg missile with 300 kg Conventional semi-armour-piercing if you see the impact of high explosive you won't see the target wall.
i try to see brahmos before impact in slow motion i was not able to see 8.4 meter missile.
they is no doubt about brahmos accuracy but these video is for some other missile .

I like it. :D

If we could tweak MTCR this time using the US-Korean agreement as an excuse to raise the MTCR barrier issue (US raised SK missile range to 800 Km) then there is a fighting chance that we could do the same with BrahMos.

Technically I don't think Russians would mind Dr. Pillai to arrange for BrahMos's range increase but due to that stupid MTCR, we cannot do anything under the "Indo-Russian company" banner.

A timely raising of the issue of US-Korean missile range increase, would enable us to increase the range of all our BrahMos missiles.

Nirbhay may answer our quest for range but it is still going to be a subsonic missile which will be fielded in thousands. What we need is BrahMos' speed and power coupled with Nirbhay's range.

Om
This missile in this video is not Brahmos because if you the impact of the missile is so small it cannot be Brahmos.
second Brahmos is 3000 kg missile with 300 kg Conventional semi-armour-piercing if you see the impact of high explosive you won't see the target wall.
i try to see brahmos before impact in slow motion i was not able to see 8.4 meter missile.
they is no doubt about brahmos accuracy but these video is for some other missile .
Yea man.. look close its animation! Btw what kindof measuring tape dud u use?

when pakistan Navy inaugurated Naval Strategic Force Command (NSFC) it shows that PN already have submarine-launched variant of the Babur/HATF-VII (Vengeance-VII) cruise missile

Om
Yea man.. look close its animation! Btw what kindof measuring tape dud u use?

I think you need a good optician go and check it .
if this kind of damage is the result of Brahmos then it's of no use because cruise missile are use to attack strategic target like airbase and missile defence and warship or installation the missile in the video is anti tank weapon not brahmos

The brahmos hitting warship and sinking it ,the hole 0.34 on the shipe is so big and blast is devestating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAutt-XIz8E&feature=related

It can only carry a conventional warhead, not a nuclear one. LOL. Boring and only 290km. Our nuclear cruise missile Babur has a 700km range. HMMMM!!!!
:devil:

They've already tested the nuclear capable BrahMos back in 2009, and possibly inducted it as well.

What does range have to do with anything? BrahMos flies much faster, and happens to be the only missile that can maneuver without slowing down. Besides, the only reason they give this 290km range, is because of MTCR. It may be more than that for all we know (emphasis on "may", I'm not saying it has to be, just that it might be).

subsonic but pin point accuracy.. supersonic but not pin point accuracy...
subsonic but 700 KM range... supersonic but 300 KM range
Subsonic but stealth ... supersonic but not stealth

On March 4 2009, it was tested and hit one building out of cluster of buildings.

Most reports say it's CEP is almost zero, but I don't know how much you can trust that. I guess we can put a more humble figure of 10-20m.

BrahMos flies much faster than most missile systems, and flies at an altitude of 10m (defined as terrain hugging). Please tell me what else is needed?

The range of 300km need not necessarily be correct.

when nirbhay will come.. then we will see who is son and who is father.. remember father always comes before son.. :p:wave: anyways congrats..

Nirbhay has a range of 1000km > Babur.

and yet the most advanced nations in the world still spending money on subsonic cruise missiles.

MBDA Storm shadow
TAURUS

Only to be shot down by airguns..

EzioAltaïr;3484619 said:
On March 4 2009, it was tested and hit one building out of cluster of buildings.

Most reports say it's CEP is almost zero, but I don't know how much you can trust that. I guess we can put a more humble figure of 10-20m.

BrahMos flies much faster than most missile systems, and flies at an altitude of 10m (defined as terrain hugging). Please tell me what else is needed?

The range of 300km need not necessarily be correct.

Nirbhay has a range of 1000km > Babur.

Nirbhay still unfinished business

EzioAltaïr;3484645 said:
Cruise missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's an up and coming field, and India and Russia do have a lead in it.

Flying a missile at sea level at supersonic speed is like flying in a cheese cake..
Air is no more a gas at those speeds at sea level,its a fluid..
The missile will always be limited in range and warhead carrying capacity due to high fuel consumption and need to carry mire fuel.

Nirbhay still unfinished business

Almost finished business. But yeah you're right. No point of d*** measuring between a prototype and an operational one. In range of cruise missiles, you win. :D

Flying a missile at sea level at supersonic speed is like flying in a cheese cake..
Air is no more a gas at those speeds at sea level,its a fluid..
The missile will always be limited in range and warhead carrying capacity due to high fuel consumption and need to carry mire fuel.

It is not meant for a huge warhead. It is meant for speed, supermaneuvrability, and terrain hugging. Even the land version is terrain hugging.

Just FYI, fluid is an umbrella term for Gases and Liquids afaik.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom