What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

INS Kolkota and INS Kochi in the background:

tumblr_nn5ucbDWcz1tjfjuco1_1280.png

Is it only me or are the MARCOS hardly using their Tavors lately ?
That footage is about 3 years old now, the IN just keep recycling it. MARCOs have been using their Tavors for a while and even today (can be seen during Op Rahat) but they continue to use their AK-103s too, I guess it is up to the operator's preference.

Cool/badass video bro. Indias Navy is indeed an increasingly potent force in Asia. Good to see the aircraft carrier in he video was built by our insignificant small island Britain and later sold to India.
images

Now we are building our own carrier but is still smaller than yours

That footage is about 3 years old now, the IN just keep recycling it. MARCOs have been using their Tavors for a while and even today (can be seen during Op Rahat) but they continue to use their AK-103s too, I guess it is up to the operator's preference.
Few sights are more awe inspiring than Mig 29K landing on flightdec of an AC.
Lovely video!

Seriously a kick *** video on the Indian Naval Aviation Wing:cheers:.But one thing is for certain that if we want to control the entire I.O.R. in then near future we will have to build a strong fighter wing with over 200 fighter aircraft.So the next logical step for the I.N. is to order another tranche of 45 Mig-29K from Russia apart from NLCA and place these beats at the newly built airstations in A&N islands in the west and in the Lakshadweep islands in the east.This way we can control both the entrances of the I.O.R.(Strait of Hormuz and the Malacca Strait) with relative ease:coffee:!!

.But one thing is for certain that if we want to control the entire I.O.R. in then near future we will have to build a strong fighter wing with over 200 fighter aircraft.So the next logical step for the I.N. is to order another tranche of 45 Mig-29K from Russia apart from NLCA and place these beats at the newly built airstations in A&N islands in the west and in the Lakshadweep islands in the east.This way we can control both the entrances of the I.O.R.(Strait of Hormuz and the Malacca Strait) with relative ease:coffee:!!

IN had the luxury of not having a real opponent so far, but that is changing rapidly, with PLAN reaching into the IOR. But to fight that threat, Migs, NLCAs won't help. To remain in control, we had to ramp up capability and not only numbers!
long range ASW capability must have the highest priority, followed by an IAC 2 with capable fighters to counter PLAN carriers if necessary.

Seriously a kick *** video on the Indian Naval Aviation Wing:cheers:.But one thing is for certain that if we want to control the entire I.O.R. in then near future we will have to build a strong fighter wing with over 200 fighter aircraft.So the next logical step for the I.N. is to order another tranche of 45 Mig-29K from Russia apart from NLCA and place these beats at the newly built airstations in A&N islands in the west and in the Lakshadweep islands in the east.This way we can control both the entrances of the I.O.R.(Strait of Hormuz and the Malacca Strait) with relative ease:coffee:!!
Maybe another Sqn of MiG-29Ks should be bought (about 20 fighters) so that two ACC (Vikramditya and IAC-1) can have one Sqn each with a third Sqn remaining on shore for training and such. The point of the IN's naval air arm is not to dominate the IOR from shore bases but from ACCs, do not forget that bro. For entire area dominance of the IOR the IAF's Su-30MKIs easily perform this role with IFR and soon the ability to launch Brahmos ALCMs.

And there is little need (nor much utility in doing so) to deploy fighters 24/7 at A&N islands, MKIs can be there in a couple of hours from the IAF's southern bases if need be.

In the long term the IN will be getting more fighters and more capable fighters for the IAC-2.

Back
Top Bottom