What's new

Indian human spaceflight programme is at beginning stage: ISRO

Kurama

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
isro.jpg

BANGALORE: Indian human space flight programme is at the "beginning stage" and space scientists were studying the critical technologies required for the project, ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan said today.

"As far as human space flight is concerned, we are just at the beginning- at the moment we are studying the critical technologies required for that like- crew escape system, crew module... these are the things we have not done in the past," Radhakrishnan said.

Speaking to reporters in the presence of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Science & Technology, Environment and Forest that reviewed ISRO programmes here, he said, "As and when we take up a programme of human space flight- this will help us."

Illustrating the requirements for the human space flight, he said "we need a reliable launch vehicle with a reliability of 0.99, today we can say GSLV has gone well- but we need to improve the reliability of that."

"We also need to have a capacity for taking crew module with two or three crew members and the required space for them; so we have the choice of GSLV or GSLV Mark III- that is the decision we need to take."

Stating that certainly space robotics and human presence in space together are going to be the requirements for the future, Radhakrishnan said "at a right moment -that decision- the country will have to take."

"What we are doing at the moment is getting ready for critical technology and government has given us funds nearly Rs 145 crore."

He said "in the GSLV Mark III- the experimental mission is going to happen in April 2014...."

Speaking to reporters after the review, Parliamentary Standing Committee Chairman T Subbarami Reddy commended the recent achievements of ISRO for the successful launch of Mars Orbit Mission and GSLV-D5 with indigenous cryogenic engine.

Stating that adequate funds are being allocated for the scientific sector in the country, he said "we must focus more towards developing good scientists."

He said young people should be encouraged towards science and scientists should be given special salaries, special incentives, and special encouragements. His committee is recommending the same, Reddy added.

Read more at:
Indian human spaceflight programme is at beginning stage: ISRO - The Economic Times

First, get MKIII to work reliably, and then talk about human space flight. Don't put the cart before the horse.

First, get MKIII to work reliably, and then talk about human space flight. Don't put the cart before the horse.
You do realize that in a large space agency there are simultaneous projects underway ? I hope you are able to get your head out of your *** soon to avoid coming across as an idiot every time you make a post.

Every.single.time.

What an .... :tsk:

Comrade, did you even bother to read what has been written in the article ? at least the HEADING ? I guess not,

Let me quote that in bold and red for you " Indian human spaceflight programme is at beginning stage: ISRO "

Can you at least read the words " beginning stage " ?

It will take time for ISRO to accomplish what they have desired.

But thanks for your absurd concern and idiotic thoughts.

What an .... :tsk:

Comrade, did you even bother to read what has been written in the article ? at least the HEADING ? I guess not,

Let me quote that in bold and red for you " Indian human spaceflight programme is at beginning stage: ISRO "

Can you at least read the words " beginning stage " ?

It will take time for ISRO to accomplish what they have desired.

But thanks for your absurd concern and idiotic thoughts.

And if MKIII take much longer to succeed, than its no need to begin human space flight. First get MKIII to work, than talk about human space flight.

dear friend,
I can reply you in a same fashion as yours..but I have just returned from a Ban and I don't just want to let loose my horses for your shitty comment..
Read the whole article then reply...not your your presumptions.. Hope you understand..Sir.:angry:

And if MKIII take much longer to succeed, than its no need to begin human space flight. First get MKIII to work, than talk about human space flight.

Sorry,Oh Mighty faithful guy :woot: I didn't know you were such a genius in debating :ashamed:; you win OK ? Happy now ?:devil:

Get a life and fly away :super: from here like a good boy :smart:

Dont worry baby .First vehicle launch of MK3 will take place in 2017 and after 2020 ,we can see a Indian Human Spaceflight Programme

No point in debating with that genius, he will repeat the same thing again and again and again !

But I wonder where is his other comrades and cheerleaders .If this launch failed we can see our comrades and their cheerleaders jump and dance with 100% enjoy and plus toilet talks.
Unfortunately we enjoy our newyear with ISRO and comrades and cheerleaders vanished from PDF.But this genius still persist.we must encourage him

You do realize that in a large space agency there are simultaneous projects underway ? I hope you are able to get your head out of your *** soon to avoid coming across as an idiot every time you make a post.

Every.single.time.
Please ignore @faithfulguy ...he has capability to screw-up the threads.... No reply is best reply for him.

Gentlemen/Ladies,

Please have a look at following discussion, a must read for an Indian space enthusiast.

We are three ISRO scientists here to answer your questions -AMA : india

An excerpt from the aforementioned AMA

[–]dharmateja 3 points 2 days ago

First of all congratulations!!! A couple of questions:

1. Is GSLV MKIII on track and what is the expected completion of the project?

2. Whats is best about working with ISRO?

3. How would you rate the capabilities of India in general and ISRO in particular vis-a-vis China and Chinese space development? Pls. don't reply with the usual .. "We are not in a space race with China" stuff..

4. [Hypothetical]What should GOI and India do to put an Indian on Mars within 10 years? Is it possible if done on war footing?

5. What is the culture and hierachy in ISRO and what are the major projects ongoing?
I have a friend working in ISRO and i have some idea, but would like to hear from you gentlemen/ladies too.

Thanks again for your great efforts, hope we will leave China and rest of world behind soon.

• [–]ISROredditors[S] 12 points 2 days ago*
    1. Yes on track. We expect to have a launch this year with a Passive Cryo (that means it's just a dummy with the same weight). The launch is used to qualify the S200 and the L110 stages among many other parameters.

2. The brand.

3. China is much ahead of India in terms of capability to launch heavy satellites. They are ahead in Human spaceflight too. Although it is essential for a country to project itself to the general public as strong, aggressive and intimidating when faring against rivals, this race is more India-centered than showing that you're better than some country. Stepping into the realm of space is risky and expensive and every country have paid a price to achieve self-sufficiency.

4. 10 years is too short, even for other countries. Since you've said hypothetical, I'd suggest a teleportation device.

5. ISRO has one of the most effective working cultures in the Government sector (opinion). The typical hierarchy is as follows. Chairman--->Centre Director--->Deputy Directors/Chief General Managers/--->Deputy General Managers--->Managers--->Deputy Managers--->Engineer-in-Charge--->Engineer--->Technical Assistants--->Technicians--->Apprentices In addition to this Groups have certain hierarchy too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom