What's new

Indian Election thru Pakistani Eyes : Ahmedabad to Bangalore

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
536795cce3a93.jpg

The flight from Ahmedabad to Bangalore was interesting. The private flier has revised the sacred script recited ritualistically by airlines all over the world, I mean the during flight announcements 'Metal ka chapta hisa buckle mein daal kar ...' etc. They addressed the passengers as ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. But what amazed me most was that they give you a menu and sell food and drinks at 'sky prices' which were not really sky high.

53678a44cf6db.jpg

A Mandir and a mosque and a church thrive in in close vicinity of each other in Shivajinagar in Bangalore. Karnataka has somehow found ways to a peaceful coexistence. This is not to say that the situation is ideal here and no divisions exist at social and political level but that these have rarely been violent.

5367890566452.jpg

This small road side 'church' in Bangalore is fashioned on the style of mandirs of the same genre. More interestingly, Virgin Mary in Karnataka wears a sari. A friend told me that in artistic terms the child Christ and mother Mary are treated as young Krishna and mother Yashoda and some of the latter's celebrations have been adopted into Christianity here as well.
53678b0107248.jpg

Bangalore is undoubtedly the City of gardens. The weather in summer is not harsh. The average temperature in the hottest months, March to April, remains close to 32C. Most of the city roads are not wide enough but lined with trees on both sides. The city takes pride in its green cover and plant diversity. An attempt by the civic authorities in recent past to chop down trees to widen roads was forcefully opposed and foiled by vigilant environment activists of the city. The picture is of Indian Institute of Sciences.

What is this?? The thread title and the content make no sense whatsoever. Plus, any link to the original article would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom