What's new

Indian Congress party buy votes

LetsGetRowdy

Reaction score
Wikileaks: Congress party 'bought India votes

India's ruling Congress party bribed MPs to survive a crucial vote of confidence in 2008, a diplomatic cable leaked by Wikileaks suggests.

It describes how a senior Congress aide showed a US embassy official "chests of cash" to pay off MPs ahead of a vote over a controversial nuclear deal.

The ruling party has denied the allegations.

The leak heaps further pressure on embattled Prime Minister Manmohan Singh after a string of corruption scandals.

The leaked cable, reported in The Hindu newspaper, has caused uproar in the Indian parliament with the main opposition parties saying that Congress had "brought shame to the nation" and calling on the prime minister to resign.

BBC News - Wikileaks: Congress party 'bought India votes'

Everyone knows this. Nothing New. Not a common practice only by Congress by asking few MP's to support by providing some Ministerial birth, Money. Congress government is useless. I did a mistake by voting congress last time. I won't repeat same mistake again in 2014 general election. Thanks to our democracy. :tup:

This is a common practice in any relatively weak democratic institution which deals with voting. Look at recent scandal in FIFA.

Democracy has to pay little price to allow its citizen to live freely.

Things will be like this in India till there are large number of parties in election with no single party majority in any democratic institutions depending upon voting. It is not about Congress or BJP, it is an inherent problem in democracy.

To win a democratic process there can be different influences in the form of money, post, safe guard of interest etc.

This is a problem and we are fighting it through democratic process.

We are not that fortunate like China, where one day God chose communists to rule and the next day he was put behind bars for ever.

Anyone with money can buy indians and rule over them.

Yeh, we just saw that in Tamilnadu.

Please, don't deride the political maturity of common Indians, as I know people like you never vote; wasting your time pretending to be the pancea for every problem on earth.

Why the fuk r u posting such old news now .

It happens everywhere , chk the recent FIFA scandals

lol we all know congress is corrupt to the core n we want congress to get out of Center in next election...

This is not a news...Congress is born corrupt govt

lol we all know congress is corrupt to the core n we want congress to get out of Center in next election...

This is not a news...Congress is born corrupt govt

the big headache what is the alternative????i m fed up with this lame government but but who is the alternative???may be we should encourage third front which has the likes of jayalalitha,chanrababu etc.,

I think you guys are missing the point here.

The problem is not they have bought votes, the problem IMHO is this:

It describes how a senior Congress aide showed a US embassy official "chests of cash" to pay off MPs ahead of a vote over a controversial nuclear deal

When shall we learn not to discuss our internal matters with outsiders? Goes for both India and Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom