What's new

Indian Army's team of 8 GARHWAL wins Gold Medal in the prestigious Cambrian Patrol held at United Ki

garwal-rifles-b-22-07-2012.jpg

Are these normal infantry guys or mountainous battalions who are 'more than infantry' in their training?

All top nations have won Gold Medals at Cambrian Patrols...Israel and Turkey are missing I guess? How about South Koreans? Any idea?

Yeh hain Mard ke bache!! :tup: These guys have the balls and the endurance and determination to weather the most extreme physical and mental challenges and come out winners! This is what the Indian Army is all about!

Infantry battalion Ghataks...(Not special forces. Every infantry battalion of the Indian Army has a platoon trained as commandos called Ghataks).

ghatak-commandos-7.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Are these normal infantry guys or mountainous battalions who are 'more than infantry' in their training?

All top nations have won Gold Medals at Cambrian Patrols...Israel and Turkey are missing I guess? How about South Koreans? Any idea?

These are regular infantry soldiers.

Recruited from the mountainous region of Garhwal.

Yeh hain Mard ke bache!! :tup: These guys have the balls and the endurance and determination to weather the most extreme physical and mental challenges and come out winners! This is what the Indian Army is all about!

Infantry battalion Ghataks...(Not special forces. Every infantry battalion of the Indian Army has a platoon trained as commandos called Ghataks).

ghatak-commandos-7.jpg

Cheers!

Yeah we saw your "Mard ke bache" during Mumbai attacks :whistle:

ghatak-commandos-7.jpg

Cheers!

So they aren't infantry..but more than infantry.

I was correct.

Anyways, still a great achievement

Intresting Read about Garwhal Rifles:

The Garhwal Rifles holds the prestige of refusing to obey the order to fire at non-violent crowd in Qissa Khwani Bazaar massacre.

The exact number of deaths remains controversial—several hundred were killed, with many more wounded. One British Indian Army regiment, troops of the renowned Royal Garhwal Rifles, refused to fire at the crowds. A British civil servant wrote later that "hardly any regiment of the Indian Army won greater glory in the Great War (World War I) than the Garhwal Rifles, and the defection of part of the regiment sent shock waves through India, of apprehension to some, of exultation to others." The entire platoon was arrested and many received heavy penalties, including life imprisonment.

Qissa Khwani Bazaar massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was correct.

They are regular infantry.

The platoon referred to is a commando platoon all infantry battalions have from within their own resources. Regular soldiers are rotated within the battalion to form a part of this platoon- this way a large pool of trained men exist within each battalion.

Militants kidnap Pak soldiers near Afghan border

Islamic militants ambushed a large convoy of military vehicles in troubled northwest Pakistan, kidnapping more than 100 soldiers after snatching their weapons. The soldiers were traveling in 16 trucks and providing security for trucks carrying food between Wana, the main town in South Waziristan and Ladha, another town in the region.

And there were officers too, including a Lt Colonel! They surrendered without a fight!! :lol: Jeeez!

Militants kidnap soldiers near Afghan border - Terrorism.com

Militants kidnap Pak soldiers near Afghan border

Islamic militants ambushed a large convoy of military vehicles in troubled northwest Pakistan, kidnapping more than 100 soldiers after snatching their weapons. The soldiers were traveling in 16 trucks and providing security for trucks carrying food between Wana, the main town in South Waziristan and Ladha, another town in the region.

And there were officers too, including a Lt Colonel! They surrendered without a fight!! :lol: Jeeez!

Militants kidnap soldiers near Afghan border - Terrorism.com

Shameful...why do Pakistanis surrender so often.

even their mard-e-momin ssg operators have surrendered to talibans.

Yeah man,the Mumbai Police in fact was real 'Mard ke Bache'.None of them ran for their lives or abandoned their positions even when faced militants who were clearly better trained and much better equipped.Remember the scene from the CST terminus??Where a police constable tried to engage Kassov and the other b@stard with his antiquated Lee Enfield when the terror duo was eqipped with Type 56,his rifle didn't work yet instead of running away,he hit one of them by throwing a chair made them leave - now that is what we call courage.I wonder what your police personnel would have done if faced with such dire situations,well,guess most likely they would have surrendered like what your security guys are so proficient into.

I was correct.

They are regular infantry,may be with some specialized training but they are regulars none the less.As for the Ghatak platoons,it's not like the same platoon is kept in that role for indefinite time;no it doesn't work like that.As far as I have heard,different platoons are rotated in that role from time to time and has to be trained as such.

And as for the Garhwal troops are in question,these men are native to rugged mountainous regions of Garhwal and therefore extremely hardworking and on average has better stamina compared to someone from the plains due to biological reasons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom