What's new

Indian Army Wants to phase out Maruti Gypsy

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M4wSA7qrssk[/video]

Tata

From what I've heard this, like the AXE, was scrapped and TATA have developed a more advanced and capable machine.

Pak armys land cruisers have 42-4500 cc engines... real gass guzzlers... anyways... thts a nice looking vehicle...:tup:

Are the PA Land Cruisers built in Pakistan or imported off the shelf from abroad?

I wonder if this is the prototype Mahindra are sending, it is based on the Scorpio:

lsv1.png

:
dont know. but that's looking good.

In this I agree, unless a foreign firm can outbid Indian companies and is willing to set up production in India (which is a given). Indian firms should win only on merit.

Nissan Production facility is up & running in chennai

That is one kicka$$ looking vehicle........:woot:.......It would have been better if there was a military camo painted on them which anyway they will get eventually.

The one on the back looks like Mahindra AXE.

Of course, I am not saying discount Indian firms just because they are Indian but if they can't meet the IA's strict requirements. In this case I have no doubt the likes of giants like TATA and M&M are more than able to deliver a high-quality off-roader for the IA considering their size, expertise and the civilian SUVs they produce. Either way production will happen in India, there's no way 30,000+ SUVs would be made anywhere else but India to meet the needs of the IA and considering the order will grow exponentially when the IN,IAF and CAPFs who also use the Gypsy now decide to follow the IA's lead and replace the Gypsy.

The base model of the Gypsy was 800CC but the IA customised the machine as per their needs and hence more specilised versions for the likes of the Mountains or SFs were made.

The Gypsy was never 800cc. The initial Gypsys were powered by a 1000cc engine and the later (present) ones by a 1300cc Gasoline engine which is more than enough considering its a very light weight vehicle. With a very optimised gear-box and 4WD transfer case. Light, speedy and agile were the hall-marks of the Gypsys, which is why the IA's SF chose them. They perform very well in both dusty and hi-altitude/cold areas.

That is one kicka$$ looking vehicle........:woot:.......It would have been better if there was a military camo painted on them which anyway they will get eventually.

The one on the back looks like Mahindra AXE.
This is a pic of an early prototype and at that time (maybe still now) this vehicle had not been given a name. And I actually like this paintjob- would be the one the IA use for the deserts.

wal-1273820238Tata_Xenon_XT_2.jpg

why not the tata xenon ?
540743d1307962942-tata-xenon-xt-technical-specifications-feature-list-xenonspec01.jpg
tata-xenon-spec-img.jpg

Indian companies can offer many choices ,only the will has to be there to use swadeshi.
tata-motors-xenon-recce-2012-defence-expo_560x420.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg

Wasnt TATA AXE shelved? also whats the engine capacity of suzuki gypsy? 800cc? :lol:

What your Pakistani Gypsy has 800cc engine :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Suzuki-Pakistan trolled you guys.. Indian Gypsi is 1.3 ltr petrol engine, 70BHP, 90NM torque with just 925 Kg weight...

@topic: Better IA goes for Mahindra and Tata.. :)

What your Pakistani Gypsy has 800cc engine :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Suzuki-Pakistan trolled you guys.. Indian Gypsi is 1.3 ltr petrol engine, 70BHP, 90NM torque with just 925 Kg weight...

@topic: Better IA goes for Mahindra and Tata.. :)

We have suzuki Potohar, siera thts 1300 cc aswell and Jimny thts 1800cc....we dont have gypsy..

wal-1273820238Tata_Xenon_XT_2.jpg

why not the tata xenon ?
540743d1307962942-tata-xenon-xt-technical-specifications-feature-list-xenonspec01.jpg
tata-xenon-spec-img.jpg

Indian companies can offer many choices ,only the will has to be there to use swadeshi.
tata-motors-xenon-recce-2012-defence-expo_560x420.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg

Of all the entrants I am 100% behind this one:

lsv1.png

Hoping to see this in the 10s of 1000s in the IA!

WTF 2hr back saw hundreads of damn new Maruti Gypsyz...
I doubt this is not gonna happen in coming years. Will take atleast 5 to 6 years or more

WTF 2hr back saw hundreads of damn new Maruti Gypsyz...
I doubt this is not gonna happen in coming years. Will take atleast 5 to 6 years or more

The process is being initiated so selection will happen in the next 2-3 years and orders thereafter with first deliveres <1yr later so ~4-5 years from now the first new vehicles will be entering IA service.

The process is being initiated so selection will happen in the next 2-3 years and orders thereafter with first deliveres <1yr later so ~4-5 years from now the first new vehicles will be entering IA service.

Only 5 to 6 years? Thats very less life cycle for Gypsyz i guess.
Off topic: mate when i saw those Gypsy lined in a row just one word came out from my mouth. "woaw" worth watching.treat to eyes :)

Back
Top Bottom