What's new

Indian Army targets AI-powered battle tanks with eye on China

when all I did was a quick 1 min google search and it showed to be otherwise. And that's why I said you are not fooling anyone here

A 2016 Comptroller and Auditor General of India report said that Arjun tanks have not been operational since 2013 due to a lack of spares.

here is a report from the indian govt on it not being in operation

lol

and its most definitely not in production, as India isn't currently producing this mess of a "tank". it was so catastrophic the Army stopped inducting them, thats why the Arjun Mk.1A was created to fix the shortcomings, and thats only a prototype as well. Like I said 40+ year old design, still not in mass production.
all hat no cattle

stop using shitty idioms.

A 2016 Comptroller and Auditor General of India report said that Arjun tanks have not been operational since 2013 due to a lack of spares.

here is a report from the indian govt on it not being in operation

lol

and its most definitely not in production, as India isn't currently producing this mess of a "tank". it was so catastrophic the Army stopped inducting them, thats why the Arjun Mk.1A was created to fix the shortcomings, and thats only a prototype as well. Like I said 40+ year old design, still not in mass production.

stop using shitty idioms.

so which is it, not inducted, or in production? you came claiming it was not even in production.

now you going for the bluff and bluster approach and changing the goal line/claims?

here is their PM handing over their upgraded version MK1A in Feb 2021

all hat no cattle and exposed :)

b/c it isn't. How many are being produced per year? 0.

there is literally only 1 Mka1 that was produced. its not in mass production.

You mean your Prime Minister. lol

first, you said, quote " how are they inducting an AI tank when they haven't inducted the Arjun Tank they have been working on for 3-4 decades .."

you thought you were clever in stating that this tank never saw the light of the day, never was inducted.

After being shown to be incorrect, your fragile ego is now changing it to the production of Arjun tanks.

I will now attempt to help you understand how production works.
  1. In 2009, the first Arjun regiment of the Indian Army had 45 tanks. (can't have something unless it has been in production and inducted)
  2. In 2010, the Indian army ordered another 124 Arjuns.
  3. BOTH these went into production and were delivered! AND!!! one can't keep producing something that completed its orders
NEXT-
The Ministry of Defence ordered another 118 units of the Arjun Mk-1A
- Now they started a new production of this upgraded version of which the first one was delivered.

your claim that they cannot design or have inducted these tanks is patently incorrect. as I said you are not fooling anyone.

Google is your friend. :wave:

first, you said, quote " how are they inducting an AI tank when they haven't inducted the Arjun Tank they have been working on for 3-4 decades .."

you thought you were clever in stating that this tank never saw the light of the day, never was inducted.

After being shown to be incorrect, your fragile ego is now changing it to the production of Arjun tanks.

I will now attempt to help you understand how production works.
  1. In 2009, the first Arjun regiment of the Indian Army had 45 tanks. (can't have something unless it has been in production and inducted)
  2. In 2010, the Indian army ordered another 124 Arjuns.
  3. BOTH these went into production and were delivered! AND!!! one can't keep producing something that completed its orders
NEXT-
The Ministry of Defence ordered another 118 units of the Arjun Mk-1A
- Now they started a new production of this upgraded version of which the first one was delivered.

your claim that they cannot design or have inducted these tanks is patently incorrect. as I said you are not fooling anyone.

Google is your friend. :wave:

notice if you go back, I'm speaking of mass production. 40+ years and if you can only build a few flawed limited batches, that you then end up stopping and having to go back to the design board for a new design changeb/c of how flawed it is, and b/c your own army doesnt want more, is not a success story. did you not bother to read the Indian govt document I linked? this comical frankenstein tank which looks like it was designed with elements picked out a hat, with no doctrinal structure, trying to build a 120mm NATO standard tank, but then trying to also add russian equipment onto it, can't decide if it supposed to be a cheap and mass produced durable russian style tank design or a more expensive feature capable NATO standard. not to mention the engine is german, the transmission is german, firing russian munitions with israeli subcomponents. wtf is indian, the steel? or did they import that too? lol absolute abomination, imagine having to actually use this thing, with such vulnerable supply chains. No wonder the indian army didn't want this thing.

notice if you go back, I'm speaking of mass production. 40+ years and if you can only build a few flawed limited batches, that you then end up stopping and having to go back to the design board for a new design changeb/c of how flawed it is, and b/c your own army doesnt want more, is not a success story. did you not bother to read the Indian govt document I linked? this comical frankenstein tank which looks like it was designed with elements picked out a hat, with no doctrinal structure, trying to build a 120mm NATO standard tank, but then trying to also add russian equipment onto it, can't decide if it supposed to be a cheap and mass produced durable russian style tank design or a more expensive feature capable NATO standard. not to mention the engine is german, the transmission is german, firing russian munitions with israeli subcomponents. wtf is indian, the steel? or did they import that too? lol absolute abomination, imagine having to actually use this thing, with such vulnerable supply chains. No wonder the indian army didn't want this thing.

keep digging. I quoted your words here several times saying it was NEVER inducted.

They can only mass-produce to the orders they have. They had orders for 170 of the original version (which is not chump change) and now have orders for 118 of the latest ones. That almost 300 tanks...so far & FOR A TANK THAT YOU CLAIMED WAS NEVER INDUCTED. I'm done - enjoy the hat. :wave:

keep digging. I quoted your words here several times saying it was NEVER inducted.

They can only mass-produce to the orders they have. They had orders for 170 of the original version (which is not chump change) and now have orders for 118 of the latest ones. That almost 300 tanks...so far & FOR A TANK THAT YOU CLAIMED WAS NEVER INDUCTED. I'm done - enjoy the hat. :wave:

Army scuttles Arjun trials to push through Russian T-90 purchase

Top Army generals are undermining India’s Arjun tank to push through a Rs 10,000-crore order for T-90MS tanks from Russia. Senior defence ministry (MoD) sources told Business Standard that the Arjun trials, proposed for the plains of Punjab, are being scuttled to prevent any high-profile Arjun success from jeopardising the import of more T-90s.

A proposal from the tank directorate for Arjun trials in Punjab has been placed on the back burner after instructions from the Military Operations (MO) Directorate. The powerful MO Directorate, more than any other branch of the Army, deals directly with the Army chief.

At stake here is the Rs 10,000-crore purchase of 354 new T-90MS tanks for six tank regiments for the China border. Business Standard had first reported the raising of these regiments (September 17, “In a first, Indian tank brigades to defend China border”).

In the proposal the government is considering for two tank brigades and a mountain strike corps, the Army has put in the cost of 354 T-90MS tanks.

These new tanks would supplement the 1,657 Russian T-90S, and the 2,414 T-72M tanks already deployed on the Pakistan border. So far, there are just 128 Arjun tanks in service, with an order for another 118 in the pipeline. Contacted for comments, the Army denies the MO Directorate is blocking any trials. Even as the Arjun tank — developed in India by the Defence R&D Organisation (DRDO) — outperforms the T-90 in comparative trials held by the Army, support for Russian tanks inexplicably grows. With the Arjun’s performance established, the Army is now arguing that the 60-tonne Arjun is too heavy for the soft soil of Punjab and J&K; it must therefore be confined to the deserts of Rajasthan. That would mean only 4-6 of the Army’s 65 tank regiments can operate the Arjun tanks.

The DRDO rebuts this logic, as do the tank units that actually operate the Arjun. “The Arjun’s heavier weight is distributed over a larger area because of its larger tracks. Its nominal ground-pressure is lower than the Russian tanks. So, the Arjun can actually move more easily in Punjab,” says S Sundaresh, the DRDO’s Chief Controller of R&D for armoured vehicles.

This is validated by history, says Lieutenant General (Retired) R M Vohra, who won a Mahavir Chakra in the 1971 war while commanding 4 Horse, a tank regiment equipped with Centurion tanks. He says the 42-tonne Pakistani Patton M-48 tanks got mired in the soft soil of Asal Uttar, in Punjab, while the 51-tonne Centurion moved around that battlefield easily.

The T-90MS, a new, upgraded version of the T-90S that India bought in 2001, is regarded as well suited for the extreme cold of Ladakh, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh, where the two new armoured brigades will operate. The Arjun, in contrast, is designed to withstand the heat of the Indian plains, where the T-90S has repeatedly malfunctioned in high temperatures. The T-90S, now being built under license at the Heavy Vehicles Factory, Avadi, near Chennai, have proved less reliable than the Russia-built tanks of the same model that were delivered initially.

“The Army is justified in wanting the T-90MS for the China border. But it is wrong in scuttling the induction of the Arjun in Punjab and J&K. The Arjun must be given a fair chance. How can a Russian tank be given preference over an Indian one?” says a senior armoured corps general who is still in service. The six tank regiments being bought for the China border will be divided between two armoured brigades, one located in Ladakh, and the other one in the north-east. Both sectors have valleys and plateaus in which China could attack with tanks. The new tank formation will safeguard these approaches and also provide a retaliatory capability.

get it through your head, this tank is shit, why is the Indian Govt ordering a fresh batch of T-90MS tanks, if the Arjun is in production? its not in production. the shitty arjun tanks they got on a trial basis, the army didn't like.

clown *** mofos can't tell a difference between tanks in full mass production, and those on trial runs.

It's going to be T14 Armata..... T90 and T14 will be a decent combination....

It's going to be T14 Armata..... T90 and T14 will be a decent combination....

Doubt it, as it will be 50+ tonnes Tank and IA will be more eager to have tank around 40-45 tonnes and as IA has repeatedly stated that and remember main reason for showing reluctance towards have more Arjun MBT was its weight.

But if, a 50+ Tonne tank inducted in nearby future. then, we will have believe that more Arjun orders are on the cards.

Unmanned BMP with DRDO AI module
muntra_647_073117023640.jpg

Doubt it, as it will be 50+ tonnes Tank and IA will be more eager to have tank around 40-45 tonnes and as IA has repeatedly stated that and remember main reason for showing reluctance towards have more Arjun MBT was its weight.

But if, a 50+ Tonne tank inducted in nearby future. then, we will have believe that more Arjun orders are on the cards.

Which tank is going to be in your opinion or which should be selected as per you...
Have you guys studied Israeli tank Merkava?

Too heavy and such tank will be huge burden on army financially.... it wont be able to use the ammo we have with our existing tanks so that have to be procured heavily as well....

Artificial intelligence is coming in a big way in all modern Indian weaporaries including ships, submarines, aircraft and now in tanks. Great development. So far is artificial intelligence and similar kind of programs are concerned, nobody can beat India

Back
Top Bottom