What's new

Indian Army gets indigenous weapon locating radar

The IA was planing to buy WLR in 96 but the drdo stepped in and said they would build it . The rest is history , the IA went into kargil without these radars and they were procured in 2000 on an emergency basis from abroad .

Much of Indian armed forces were planning on buying a lot of things, Kargil, showed a lot of things. It wasnt just DRDO that failed India, hardly, it was the highers ups in the military, the MoD, etc. for not even having simple artillery ammo, or LGBs, etc. India is the single largest importer now, because they themselves couldnt make decisions for decades. Even simple artillery they couldnt precure. What of programs like FICVs, LSVs, LAMVs, etc, etc, etc. DRDO isnt the one slowing those programs down, it's the users. To make it worse, they've actively discriminated against industry at times. Wouldnt even allow L&T a tank to fit in FCS for example. For programs like the BMP upgrade, FICV, etc. the private sector are READY TO GO, but who is slowing this down?

Last edited:
so finally you did it too.
Pakistan has indigenious WLR?

And who said none.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SLC-2_Radar

Already in operations since past 5 years. :lol:
And India has been using US and Israeli WLRs for longer but this news is about inducting INDIAN WLRs and your response is to boast abotu Chinese products?

Swati will replace/suppliment the TPQ-37 that has been in service since the early 2000s with the IA

90554342-weapon-locating-radar-an-tqp-37-at-the-57th-gettyimages.jpg

And India has been using US and Israeli WLRs for longer but this news is about inducting INDIAN WLRs and your response is to boast abotu Chinese products?

Swati will replace/suppliment the TPQ-37 that has been in service since the early 2000s with the IA

Good for you. Making failed domestic products with limited effectiveness just for chest thumping is not Pakistani way of doing things.

It is Indian way of doing things. We will know if swati is good enough or was just another money munching prospect for someone in defense industry.

And yes we boost Chinese system because they are extremely good and come at a very good price and even TOT. There is no need to reinvent wheels like Indians. We would boost Chinese systems in future too since they are world's biggest exporters of arms unlike you who is the biggest importer. :lol:

Last I heard, Pakistan still does not claim itself as a province of China. Its Chinese , not yours. Indian WLR is designed and developed in India.

It works perfectly for us. We would get even better systems too in future.

Swati can keep sweating you guys till then. :)

It is Indian way of doing things. We will know if swati is good enough or was just another money munching prospect for someone in defense industry.
The system would never be inducted by the user if it didn't meet their criteria (which I assume would be to match or outperform foriegn systems).The Indian military don't give any special treatment to domestic equipment.

There is no need to reinvent wheels like Indians.

who is the biggest importer. :lol:
Just going to put these two statements next to each other to show what an unsufferable hypocrite you are.

On the one hand you say "India is reinventing the wheel" when it seeks to reduce its reliance on imports and substitute them for domestic equipment but that Pakistan doesn't need to do so and thus should continue to......import. And then you criticise India for being the world's biggest weapons importer which is actually the result of having far greater purchasing power than Pakistan, in India's position Pakistan would be doing the exact same thing.

So if India is the world's largest importer of weaponary why are you being so critical of its attempts to move away from imports whilst at the same time promoting Pakistan's imports and saying it should continue to do so.....where is the consistency?

All you are doing is highlighting your inability to be objective, you simply criticise for the sake of being anti-Indian.

We would boost Chinese systems in future too since they are world's biggest exporters

No they aren't, not even close.
300px-Biggest_arms_sales_2013.png

top-arms-exporters-by-global-market-share-1990-94-2000-04-2010-14_chartbuilder.png

Pakistan =/= the world (even if you guys actually think that is the case).

The system would never be inducted by the user if it didn't meet their criteria (which I assume would be to match or outperform foriegn systems).The Indian military don't give any special treatment to domestic equipment.

Indian military is not the brightest of examples given its past. But since you bharatis are brainwashed to worship this false god then yeah whatever.

All you are doing is highlighting your inability to be objective, you simply criticise for the sake of being anti-Indian.

Indians would remain world's biggest importers. I won't be surprised if India ends up importing some new WLR een after this induction of swati.

My point is that most of your developments are based on the delusion of "shining India" . You could have got a much better option with TOT with less money but then you would have lost an opportunity of proving how "advanced" you are. You would have lost an opportunity to that nautanki of Make in India. I again say I won't be surprised i you again import some WLR even after induction of swati.(funny name LOL).

You bharatis due to childish and immature nature were mocking Pakistan for not having its own indigenous WLR. I just explained the situation you bharatis have been in past few years.

Anyways. good if this swati would help you somehow to go down the rank in weapons importers,. :lol:

No they aren't, not even close.

Still they are the third largest and growing each year. Far ahead of you at least.

Good for us too since we would be getting more advanced weapons without wasting precious resources on projects that might be equal to reinventing the wheel.

But since you bharatis are brainwashed to worship this false god then yeah whatever.
Please, I think you are confusing the status the Pak army enjoys in Pakistan with the Indian army's in India.

Indians would remain world's biggest importers.
Probably simply as a result of being one of the largest economies on the planet with the fastest growing GDP rate of major nations. It follows that as your budgets increase, you buy more.

I won't be surprised if India ends up importing some new WLR een after this induction of swati.

My point is that most of your developments are based on the delusion of "shining India" .
Your own anti-India bias on display again, irrelevent to this discussion but please do continue to prove my point.

You could have got a much better option with TOT with less money but then you would have lost an opportunity of proving how "advanced" you are.
Pure conjecture without any actual substance.

Still they are the third largest and growing each year. Far ahead of you at least.

Good for us too since we would be getting more advanced weapons without wasting precious resources on projects that might be equal to reinventing the wheel.

Yes of course because China doesn't make a profit on the equipment it sells to its brothers and sisters in Pakistan.

Good for you. Making failed domestic products with limited effectiveness just for chest thumping is not Pakistani way of doing things.

And yes we boost Chinese system because they are extremely good and come at a very good price and even TOT. There is no need to reinvent wheels like Indians. We would boost Chinese systems in future too since they are world's biggest exporters of arms unlike you who is the biggest importer. :lol:

Poor boy,if that is the case tejas could have completed Atleat a decade of service with IAF.

when the time comes you will know it. Our style.

What about your WLR? None. :D

Swathi WLR is in use for last two years. It has a range of 50 km.

4 delivered, 30 more in pipeline. But DRDO already started development of GaN AESA based radar.

CE97qlUVIAAs29n.jpg
we have it. simple logic china have it.
we have even more advance systems to setect your forces location at loc from miles.

Back
Top Bottom