What's new

Indian animation industry will grow to $1.7 billion by 2012

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Indian animation industry will grow to $1.7 billion by 2012

NEW DELHI: The Indian animation industry will grow at a compounded annual rate of 30 per cent to reach a market size of $1.7 billion by 2012 and add over three lakh skilled animators, an industry lobby said Monday.

With over 1.5 lakh skilled animators, it is currently a $1 billion industry.

According to a study conducted by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry, the domestic animation industry will undertake all its production activities within India instead of spending its funds in US, Canada, Malaysia and the Phillippines for making advanced animated movies.

It showed India would need skilled professionals like creative animators, conceptualiser, visualiser, 3D modellers, character designer and digital effect artists to handle multimedia softwares like 3D studio Max, Maya and Tictactoon.

The study urged the government to help the industry by giving them adequate funding, guidance on manpower development and recognition of the animation courses.

According to Assocham, the industry in foreign countries are growing at a high rate because of the special policies and initiaves of the governments.

By recognizing animation courses, students and youths will conveniently get the bank loans which is missing at present, it added.

Assocham also suggested to the government that the corporates that intend to set up the suggested parks should be given a minimum of 10 years tax holidays with concessional rates for land allocations equipped with advanced technology to remove the competitive threats from the other countries.

However, the chamber expressed concerns that the growth might be restricted due to the shortage of manpower and specialized training institutes, lack of government funding, hi-tech studios and tax incentives.

Indian animation industry will grow to $1.7 billion by 2012 - The Economic Times

Awesome stuff. Problem is, game animation is quite different from movie (film) animation- there is a huge shortage of animators for games. We need bright, creative folks in these fields.

The current size of the industry is estimated at US$ 247 million - May 24, 2013:haha:

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

you believe such a news from an unknown news source.......go and google Indian animation industry growth.......the very first news news you will find is from press trust of India and it says currently the industry is pegged at 1.8 billion $

i am a new member so i cant post the links......

do comment after checking

Good news for you mate, personally I find Indian animation to be $h!t, look at Ra 1 and you will understand what I mean.....

you believe such a news from an unknown news source.......go and google Indian animation industry growth.......the very first news news you will find is from press trust of India and it says currently the industry is pegged at 1.8 billion $

i am a new member so i cant post the links......

do comment after checking

DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (Animation Industry in India: Strategies, Trends & Opportunities 2013) has announced the addition of the "Animation Industry in India: Strategies, Trends & Opportunities 2013" report to their offering.

LOL your source is a news agency, this source is a market analysis firm. :lol:

You can buy the full electronic copy for $1500 USD.

Good news for you mate, personally I find Indian animation to be $h!t, look at Ra 1 and you will understand what I mean.....
not just ra1....see gayab....a movie on a invissible man and krrish 3
we are not talking about story or quality of a movie but animations

LOL your source is a news agency, this source is a market analysis firm. :lol:

you dont believe a news which is from press trust of India.....its like the official news channel of the govt.

currently its pegged at 1.8 billion $ and will touch 2.9 billion $ by 2015 whether you believe it or not

Dont get me started about Krrish 3, the movie gave me diarrhea.....:o:
And yes admittedly mate the animation was agreeable but the disregard for the laws of physics and common sense was outrageous.....:hitwall:

you dont believe a news which is from press trust of India.....its like the official news channel of the govt.

currently its pegged at 1.8 billion $ and will touch 2.9 billion $ by 2015 whether you believe it or not
:omghaha:

And yes admittedly mate the animation was agreeable but the disregard for the laws of physics and common sense was outrageous.....:hitwall:
i wont comment on movie and common sense :lol:

c'mon your laughing isnt going to change the fact.......i gave you the official figures..........if you are trying to troll here then gud bye........next time you troll with false info in Indian threads i will report your post to @Oscar

What is the difference between animation and visual effects or special effects? - Yahoo Answers

:lol: name one fantasy/super hero movie which respects all scientific laws or common sense

Last edited:
:lol: name one fantasy/super hero movie which respects all scientific laws or common sense
Atleast hollywood shows some regard, bollywood's defiance of physics laws must make newton roll over in his grave.....:D

Atleast hollywood shows some regard, bollywood's defiance of physics laws must make newton roll over in his grave.....:D

I just consulted my thesaurus.

You have used Bollywood and common sense in the same sentence. That is not allowed sir.

Then watch some Chinese Kung Fu movies from Run Run Shaw times to as recent as the new crop coming up. If you speak of law of physics, the KF movie industry certainly defies it well.

Back
Top Bottom