What's new

Indian Americans more successful than other immigrant groups in the US

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
Looking at some 2012 PEW research data about immigrant population in the US and came across some cool bits. Surprise was Filipinos doing much better than the Chinese Americans in median incomes.

2012-sdt-asian-americans-0181.png

Hindus and Buddhists seem to be leading the pack in almost everything. Its not for nothing Indians are called the model minority.

Off topic: What is the view of an average white American about Hinduism & Buddhism ?

anecdotal : Seems like they quite like both religions.

I suppose- The spiritual aspects of it is quite appealing to them.

Hindus and Buddhists seem to be leading the pack in almost everything. Its not for nothing Indians are called the model minority.

Offtopic: What is the view of an average white American about Hinduism & Buddhism ?

Basic indifference. They don't give a damn on what religion we belong to.

Actually, I can expose many Indian businessmen in the US. Trust me, most of them don't make it to success via legal means. At the same time, I don't want to infuriate Indian members here.

Im asking about how they view the faith as such ? Not those who practise it.

I have many white American friends - family friends and we meet now and then. We talk about various topics but I haven't got deep into religious discussions. They knew me before I got married and when I got married, they were fascinated by the colors of the clothes and the decorations(I showed some of them my marriage album) but again hardly anything to do with religion. Then later the discussions were about the families and sometimes about India - they would be fascinated but beyond that they do not dwell deep into religious conversations. Maybe they felt it might present me with awkward moments or something - I am not sure. Many of these people are not regular churchgoers and maybe they do not give much importance for the religion themselves - I do not know.

I have many white American friends - family friends and we meet now and then. We talk about various topics but I haven't got deep into religious discussions. They know me before I got married and when I got married, they were fascinated by the colors of the clothes and the decorations(I showed some of them my marriage album) but again hardly anything to do with religion. Then later the discussions were about the families and sometimes about India - they would be fascinated but beyond that they do not dwell deep into religious conversations. Maybe they felt it might present me with awkward moments or something - I am not sure. Many of these people are not regular churchgoers and maybe they do not give much importance for the religion themselves - I do not know.

kanna raja inda "I dont know" va solla itha periya paragraph ah...lullzzz..:D

Back
Top Bottom