What's new

Indian Air Force Not To Allow Female Fighter Pilots At This Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are correct.They are already using Ladies in Air-force as ground staff,doctors ,engineers. But they think that it would not be good if Ladies are caught by other nation in wars and kept as Prisoners if Wars and maybe given physical torture.

So like them we should also not induce women into this.

There is NO ARMY IN THE WORLD (including IA) that has women in combat roles- only in supporting roles ie engineers, cooks, doctors, nurses etc. Infantry units are ALL male as are Mech Infantry as are Tanks regiments as are SF as are artillery as are PARA regiments. Whilst USAF/USN do have female fighter pilots they are very much in the minority and are the best of the best. I feel this is probably out of necessity given the huge number of fighters they have so need all the experts they can get. Even still the best pilots (Test pilots, aerobatic, nuclear strike, SOAR) are all male, don't know what that says or why it is- it just is.

I doubt anytime soon we will see IAF fighter pilots- granted there are already female Transport and helo pilots in the IAF (perhaps one day a female pilot may fly an IAF C-17!) and female observers I can't see it extending much further. And, especially in India, the marital side has to be taken into consideration aswell as the child side. You can't spend almost $1.5 million (A figure I got from an ex-IAF buddy of mine) training up a capable fighter pilot for them to turn around and ask for maternal leave and then alls the complications this may cause after birth. It is just not worth it especially as India has a HUGE, male, talent pool to pick from given India's enormous population size.

will someone introduce these loosers to the 21st century? :coffee:

Women should be allowed in all roles except frontline infantry,Special Forces & Armored regiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom