Indian admits Indians have an obsession with Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

lem34

New Recruit

Reaction score
India, the Pakistani obsession
Meeta Chaitanya

India is Pakistan’s obsession. So, said the American President. But, we have heard that before. In fact, from classrooms to board rooms, from sporting arenas to reality television, every allusion to the India-Pak association is met with a hearty dose of derision and skepticism. Political parties have whetted vote-bank appetites with flagrant Indo-Pak sentiment. Political commentators have stated relentlessly that Pakistan's national identity veers on the nature of its association with India.

The reason that this may be particularly disconcerting, especially from the Pakistani angle is the fact that this is not a political or partisan, or policy based, or socially divergent dissonance. That would then be slotted among the frigid bilateral relationships India has with the rest of its neighbors. China, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka…our circumference comprises ambivalent political counterparts. They, however, are not obsessed with us.

For Pakistan, we are a steadily sustained body of reference for anything existential! Naturally, all their overtures, on and off the field are anything but diplomatic, and everything but matches. Obsession spiked with negation seems to have become habitual. Do you shelter terrorist outfits? No. Were you aware of Kasab? No. Do you know who attacked the Parliament? No. Do you know where Osama is? Was....oh… no!

The difference is not between who gets to claim Noor Jehan, and who breeds Lata ; the difference is between Agra and Kargil, between the LoC and the Border, between banter and blasts, between Samjhauta Express and Kashmir, and finally, between adversarial ideology and a volatile, geopolitical threat.

So, when their homegrown terrorism trespasses, as it has, as it will, maybe India should get obsessive. Obsessive about its own security, safety, sovereignty, democracy and entity...

errrr i have a small doubt in my mind is this indian a relative of ARUNDATI ROY

bilalhaider, i don't understand, why you have such hatred for India and her legacy, that you just go to such extent that you thank anyone who says a word against India.

And to the topic, This is one mans self idea and does not have anything to do with India or Indians. Do you guys think we are 24/7 thinking on how to topple the GoP and destablize Pakistan. we have better work to do. atlease be happy that some Indians like me want a stable Pakistan

bilalhaider, i don't understand, why you have such hatred for India and her legacy, that you just go to such extent that you thank anyone who says a word against India.

And to the topic, This is one mans self idea and does not have anything to do with India or Indians. Do you guys think we are 24/7 thinking on how to topple the GoP and destablize Pakistan. we have better work to do. atlease be happy that some Indians like me want a stable Pakistan

I don't have a hatred for India or her legacy, I think it is a great nation, a historic land. I do have dislike for some jingoistic Indians though (I have plenty of close Indian friends as well, even on this forum).

Anyways, if you actually bothered to read the author's article, instead of looking at my "thanks", you'd see that the author is spot-on about most things mentioned there.

Meeta Chaitanya

India is Pakistan’s obsession. So, said the American President. But, we have heard that before. In fact, from classrooms to board rooms, from sporting arenas to reality television, every allusion to the India-Pak association is met with a hearty dose of derision and skepticism. Political parties have whetted vote-bank appetites with flagrant Indo-Pak sentiment. Political commentators have stated relentlessly that Pakistan's national identity veers on the nature of its association with India.

The reason that this may be particularly disconcerting, especially from the Pakistani angle is the fact that this is not a political or partisan, or policy based, or socially divergent dissonance. That would then be slotted among the frigid bilateral relationships India has with the rest of its neighbors. China, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka…our circumference comprises ambivalent political counterparts. They, however, are not obsessed with us.

For Pakistan, we are a steadily sustained body of reference for anything existential! Naturally, all their overtures, on and off the field are anything but diplomatic, and everything but matches. Obsession spiked with negation seems to have become habitual. Do you shelter terrorist outfits? No. Were you aware of Kasab? No. Do you know who attacked the Parliament? No. Do you know where Osama is? Was....oh… no!

The difference is not between who gets to claim Noor Jehan, and who breeds Lata ; the difference is between Agra and Kargil, between the LoC and the Border, between banter and blasts, between Samjhauta Express and Kashmir, and finally, between adversarial ideology and a volatile, geopolitical threat.

So, when their homegrown terrorism trespasses, as it has, as it will, maybe India should get obsessive. Obsessive about its own security, safety, sovereignty, democracy and entity...

@ bilal, look which countries she takes as reference..I have to laugh. Dude the population of India is so much that even if 200 million people are obsessed by Pakistan, that still is a minority.

India is not obsessed by pakistan but obsessed with terrorism coming out of Pakistan as it affects us Indians. Got it?

I don't have a hatred for India or her legacy, I think it is a great nation, a historic land. I do have dislike for some jingoistic Indians though (I have plenty of close Indian friends as well, even on this forum).

Anyways, if you actually bothered to read the author's article, instead of looking at my "thanks", you'd see that the author is spot-on about most things mentioned there.

Hope ajaxpaul answered what is needed to answer your quest.

The thread meaning and the thread title are opposite of each other. Don't understand how did the thread starter interpret the meaning. :blink:

Where does the author say India is obsessed with Pakistan. Actually she seems to be saying just the opposite .... :)

Yes nice point...anywhere the words 'India', 'Pakistan' and 'Obsession' are found. Most Pakistanis in this forum don't bother to read and interpret 'India is obsessed with Pakistan'. This is another evidence for Pakistan's obsession with India

first of all, hello everyone! I have been following defence.pk for almost two years now, but never bothered to become a member!!! so all said and done, finally have joined the site!!! and hope to contribute positively to the forum...
btw, this is the first post i opened after becoming a member, and was shocked! Guys are cursing and pointing fingers at each other... But doesn't the article describe about "Pakistan's obsession with India"??? and yes, the thread starter needs to stop reading articles using a mirror. otherwise he'll keep seeing India's obsession with Pakistan, instead of Pakistan's obsession with India!!!:)

Meeta Chaitanya

If we read carefully then we will find that it is about Pakistan's obsession with India and not the other way round.

But may be the jumpiness got the better of the poster.

first of all, hello everyone! I have been following defence.pk for almost two years now, but never bothered to become a member!!! so all said and done, finally have joined the site!!! and hope to contribute positively to the forum...
btw, this is the first post i opened after becoming a member, and was shocked! Guys are cursing and pointing fingers at each other... But doesn't the article describe about "Pakistan's obsession with India"??? and yes, the thread starter needs to stop reading articles using a mirror. otherwise he'll keep seeing India's obsession with Pakistan, instead of Pakistan's obsession with India!!!:)

Welcome to the forum.

You gotta read again and then I am sure that you will not be so sure about the author being spot on because it is about Pakistani obsession with India and not the other way around that your poster friend thought it is.

The very fact that there was not even a need to read and absorb the actual matter of the post, speaks volumes about the obsession already. But then where is the surprise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom