What's new

Indian actress Nandita Das is the face of the 'Dark is Beautiful Campaign,' which helps spread the

@Parul is already a thin....thin kid but she's going on a diet - I'm worried about her ! :(
worry about yourself.... :coffee:
100 kgs ...and still gaining weight...you'll look like a bloated balloon soon.

On topic...
Fair is always beautiful which does not mean dark skinned people're ugly. Generally we've something to represent something. Like apple means red...shoe mean black....these are some of our perceptions in the same way Indian have the perception on fair means beautiful.
The reason is Indians are generally dark skinned and when they see a fair skinned person it looks beautiful for them. So in India fair means beautiful ....
But we obsessed with it...
Actors and actresses like Priyanka chopra ..shahrukh khan...John Abraham promoting such fairness creams is preposterous....I support Nandita Das

(But this time I wont put her on my profile:dirol: )

On topic...
Fair is always beautiful which does not mean dark skinned people're ugly. Generally we've something to represent something. Like apple means red...shoe mean black....these are some of our perceptions in the same way Indian have the perception on fair means beautiful.
The reason is Indians are generally dark skinned and when they see a fair skinned person it looks beautiful for them. So in India fair means beautiful ....
Actors and actresses like Priyanka chopra ..shahrukh khan...John Abraham promoting such fairness creams is preposterous....I support Nandita Das

I don't look like a bloated balloon nor would I ever ! :mad:

You Short Teddy Bear with Cankles ! :P

Stop being obsessed with the Dark vs Fair skin tone thing ! :hitwall:

I don't look like a bloated balloon nor would I ever ! :mad:
aahh yes...
correction:
you look like a hippo.:p:

Armstrong said:
You Short Teddy Bear with Cankles ! :P
short???:angry:
teddy bear???:angry::angry:
I have a decent height:agree:...but you're definitely short and hairy like a teddy bear:devil:

MarkusS said:
Stop being obsessed with the Dark vs Fair skin tone thing ! :hitwall:
I am not but you're....you lil racist...:devil::devil::devil:

Well, my fav actress is Rekha (WRT to my time). All the Power full Indian GODs are also Black i.e Lord Vishnu and his derivatives i.e Lord Ram, krishna. The Angriest sage "Durbasa" was also black. In our galaxy and Universe the most powerful discovered yet is Black hole. And the famous dialogue in Movie Gumnam "Gori mein agar kala dhaba ho to use beauty spot kahete hain, aur ....). So in total Black is beautiful.

So, @Skull and Bones, still stuck with ready!!...:azn:

Well, right now i'm dating a Half Italian-Half American decent girl. So don't blame me if i don't complain.

Last edited:
Tamil's and Keralities never had these obsessions. Look at our movies we take all skins.

But there are some misconception or hypocrisy with North Indians that they are all fair. But I have seen most dark skinned North Indians and very light skinned South Indians.

Last edited:
Tamil's and Keralities never had these obsessions. Look at our movies we take all skins.

But there are some misconception or hypocrisy with North Indians that they are all fair. But I have seen most dark skinned North Indians and very light skinned South Indians.

Our heroes may not all look fair, but have a look at our South Indian heroines....almost everyone is fair-skinned. Why do we need actresses who firstly can't act and secondly can't speak the language in which the film is shot? It's just because they're fair and have a good physique. Discrimination exists even in the South, buddy.

Our heroes may not all look fair, but have a look at our South Indian heroines....almost everyone is fair-skinned. Why do we need actresses who firstly can't act and secondly can't speak the language in which the film is shot? It's just because they're fair and have a good physique. Discrimination exists even in the South, buddy.

Yeah that's also true but it can also due to mostly girls from South are more conservative.

None of the actresses in South India is in fact South Indian, except few exceptions. Tamanna, Shriya, Genelia, Charmi, Ileana, Sanjana and bunch.

On topic...

fair is always beautiful......not expected this from a lady of your caliber......
I can show you tons of pics where fair woman looks like witches.......
neither it's true black is not beautiful.......it's all depends on the person and his/her sense of beauty....

Yeah that's also true but it can also due to mostly girls from South are more conservative.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of South Indians in the modeling and Film industry too. It's just that they to are usually fair-skinned. That's not due to all dark South Indian girls being conservative, is it? :)

None of the actresses in South India is in fact South Indian, except few exceptions. Tamanna, Shriya, Genelia, Charmi, Ileana, Sanjana and bunch.

Yup. Which is why I mentioned most of them can't even speak the language in which the film is shot. With no idea on what they're saying, how can they emote accordingly? :drag:

fair is always beautiful......not expected this from a lady of your caliber......
I can show you tons of pics where fair woman looks like witches.......
neither it's true black is not beautiful.......it's all depends on the person and his/her sense of beauty....
ohhh come on....
i meant "fair is beautiful" is a notion....
And how can you call somebody a witch???
everyone's perception is different....
the person you call a witch might be having the most beautiful mind....

TRY THIS

They Called Her "The World's Ugliest Girl" & Her Response is Unbelievably Beautiful. I literally cried. - shockable

It was not so until a decade ago. Saritha was dark and famous. So many actresses were like that. It was not even required to be slim.

Saritha
4.jpg

Smitha Patil
upload_2014-2-20_12-38-21.jpeg

Silk Smitha
upload_2014-2-20_12-39-18.jpeg

images

Nutan
nutan-palm-2.jpg

images

Tanuja
tanuja_17049.jpg

Sonali Kulkarni
images

Sonali%20Kulkarni%20-%20115.jpg

Since dark skin absorbs light, it does not photograph well. That is why for TV shoots make-up is a must.

Attachments

• upload_2014-2-20_12-35-50.jpeg
    upload_2014-2-20_12-35-50.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 10
ohhh come on....
i meant "fair is beautiful" is a notion....
And how can you call somebody a witch???
everyone's perception is different....
the person you call a witch might be having the most beautiful mind....

TRY THIS

They Called Her "The World's Ugliest Girl" & Her Response is Unbelievably Beautiful. I literally cried. - shockable
yes ...exactly....this is what I wanted to listen from you....it's all about perception.....:-)

and by the way...I have seen her video before......

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom