What's new

India welcomes Chinese investments in infrastructure sector

Srinivas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
India welcomes Chinese investments in infrastructure sector

NEW DELHI: With huge trade imbalance in favour of China, India on Monday strongly pitched for market access and invited Chinese investments in infrastructure sector to address the deficit.

"We have in mind Chinese involvement, we encourage and welcome and seek for working closely in infrastructure in our country and at the same time, we are looking for greater market access in Chinese pharma and IT sector. This will provide more balance in trade between the two countries," External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said.

The Minister was speaking at the inauguration of the first India China Media Forum.

"This matter (trade imbalance) was of high importance during Premier Li's visit, even as we work for balance of trade, investments will significantly compensate to some extent the importance of sustainable balance of trade," he said.

By the end of 2011, India's trade deficit with China was USD 27 billion, and according to Chinese trade figures released in January, it expanded to USD 29 billion by 2012.

The Minister said this issue was very important for "not only our economic exchanges but also our working together on many global issues and closer cooperation. I believe this is happening in many areas such as global trade regimes and climate change."

India welcomes Chinese investments in infrastructure sector - The Economic Times

J/k: While I read the Thread tittle, the first thing that came to my mind was: I hope United Public-Looters Association II is not inviting China to build more infrastructure on Leh/Ladakh Region :D :girl_wacko: :hang2:

On Topic: :butcher:

202.jpg

Don't know why China is SO STUPID in helping India out. It is like giving your enemy a rope to hang yourself !

Again...

Begani Shaadi Mein ....

China decides to invest in India & ......

Allow Chinese the same level of intellect if not more - no one puts their money on the ground unless they know its worth it.

well Chinese gov. will work as per their interest & India as per their...

but one thing for sure they dont listen rants of any farty acids or any fanatic wannabe al zawahari mulla... period.

Don't know why China is SO STUPID in helping India out. It is like giving your enemy a rope to hang yourself !

What happened to your flags? till yesterday you were a born Malaysian from Malaysia and now you are a Pakistani in Amrika??

I wouldn't have noticed you if it weren't for the multiple troll threads on India that you open....

What happened to your flags? till yesterday you were a born Malaysian from Malaysia and now you are a Pakistani in Amrika??

I wouldn't have noticed you if it weren't for the multiple troll threads on India that you open....

I had reported him for using incorrect Flags. He is a Pakistani National and not located in Malaysia or US. PERIOD :astagh:

Good for you mate now go tell your govt that. :)
you made at least two mistakes here:
1,most investment is enterprise behavior rather than the government's, the government only plays a regulatory role in a market econemy ,which is different from planned economy of your country.
2,our companies know well that they should not set foot in the India infrastructure marsh,but it's important to grab the consumer goods and machinery products market.
see how much we invest in your neighbors' infrastructure.

In return for our investment, they should export more curry to China.

This is called economics first, disputed issues later. but for some its hard to understand, India- china two way trade will be the mediator n guiding force for the resolution of there border dispute. In foreseeable future India- china can be a formidable force in stopping US hegemony all over the world particularly in this region

[Bregs];4778602 said:
This is called economics first, disputed issues later. but for some its hard to understand, India- china two way trade will be the mediator n guiding force for the resolution of there border dispute. In foreseeable future India- china can be a formidable force in stopping US hegemony all over the world particularly in this region

Not with anti-China Congress govt. The opposition Modi perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom