What's new

India Warns Pakistan Over Any New Terror Attacks

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
SINGAPORE: India will feel pressured to retaliate if Pakistan-based militants launched an attack similar to the Mumbai assaults that killed more than 160 people and fueled anger across the country, a government minister said on Saturday.

The Indian government’s response was restrained despite the public calls to hit back over the November 2008 attacks blamed on a Pakistan-based guerrilla group, but it would be difficult to withstand the pressure again, Minister of State for Defence M M Pallam Raju told a security conference.

“If a provocation is to happen again, it would be hard to justify to our people self restraint, and I hope that it will not be repeated and that we will have a constructive dialogue with Pakistan in containing these terrorist elements which are causing strife not only in India but also within Pakistan,” Raju said.

Ties between the nuclear-armed rivals went into deep chill following the attacks with India insisting that Pakistan act against members of the Lashkar-i-Taiba (LT) blamed for the attacks as well as its patrons in Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).

Pakistan has put seven people on trial, and says it needs more evidence from India to prosecute others including the founder of the LT, Hafeez Mohammad Saeed.

Raju said revelations made by a Pakistani-American who has confessed to scouting targets for the Mumbai attacks in a trial in Chicago in which he linked the attacks to the ISI have made it harder to show restraint in future.

The Pakistani-American, David Headley, who has pleaded guilty to avoid the death penalty, testified that he took orders from both the Lashkar-i-Taiba and an ISI major as he laid the groundwork in the attacks.

“The international community is aware of the damning evidence that has come out from David Headley during his interrogation,” Raju told the conference in Singapore.

Now that's a dangerous statement to make! What if one of the terrorist organisations do a Mumbai type attack without the Pakistani establishment's knowledge or assistance? India would need to look before it leaps!

Though an attack as big as the Mumbai one is almost impossible without 'official' help, it cannot be discounted entirely. So then, would India respond with full force without getting to know the facts first? And if there's a delayed reaction, what happens to that Cold Start doctrine?

Now that's going to be a tough call! :undecided:

India warns Pakistan over any new terror attacks | World | DAWN.COM

Fair enough! everyone knows about the pressure that GOI had faced during Mumbai attacks. When every INDIAN was desperately wanted to teach lesson.
There were some assumptions in media that GOI may face a revolt from IA in case if there is no action. 'Revolt' is a hard word to use though but certainly IA was in the favor for action as they had to face many hard questions like
--> What is the use of being 4th most powerful nation?
--> Where is our sovereignty?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Its no longer about 'whodunit' anymore. That stage is past. Indians were baying for blood after the attacks, manmohan resisted with exceptional courage. One more attack and there would be absolutely no provision to avoid an Indian aggression. We would be forced to attack on moral grounds. This is why Pakistan MUST disable its homegrown terror networks and stop supporting extremist ideology ASAP.

Thats what the terrorists wanted in 26/11, they wanted india and pakistan to go at war.

Its no longer about 'whodunit' anymore. That stage is past. Indians were baying for blood after the attacks, manmohan resisted with exceptional courage. One more attack and there would be absolutely no provision to avoid an Indian aggression. We would be forced to attack on moral grounds. This is why Pakistan MUST disable its homegrown terror networks and stop supporting extremist ideology ASAP.
these kind of statements are unwarranted and will only increase tensions between both nations.

Bad move by India. they have a few warning already from US. India should mind its own business and do the necessary to keep the defence forces prepared instead of opening mouth.

Bad move by India. they have a few warning already from US. India should mind its own business and do the necessary to keep the defence forces prepared instead of opening mouth.

It is our business when terror strikes are launched "inside" our territory. Just because you have a problem running your country does not mean India has to be dragged along into it.

It is our business when terror strikes are launched "inside" our territory. Just because you have a problem running your country does not mean India has to be dragged along into it.

Then lets give a few warnings each week and hope something happen.

cow-hot-air-balloon.jpg

i am simply outlining the reason "why" India will go to war. Prove me wrong, if you can.
if india goes to war with pak, then definately pak would remove its forces from tribal areas, this would be an achievement for al qaeda as the WoT would be undermined and USA and allied forces wont let that happen, there would be immense pressure on india to call a ceasefire.

Back
Top Bottom