What's new

India vehemently ratifies the two nation theory after 8 decades of denial.

Nobody will donate their motherland for the sake of some bogus theory.

exactly my point.

HINDUs thought it was their land NOT the land of the people living on it. who were muslims and chose to own the land run the land have rights over the land.

see how two nation theory pinches the hindus of india because they never thought muslims have any right to the land.

exactly my point.

HINDUs thought it was their land NOT the land of the people living on it. who were muslims and chose to own the land run the land have rights over the land.

see how two nation theory pinches the hindus of india because they never thought muslims have any right to the land.

Kashmir belongs to all who live in Kashmir and those pandits who were driven out. What we are debating is who is allowed to administer those rights to Kashmiri people. India got those rights through Instrument of Accession of Jammu and Kashmir state to the Union of India. You guys broke the stand still agreement you had with princely state of J&K which was ruled by Hari Singh. Maharajah Hari Singh agreed to accede to the Dominion of India only after that. Article 370 was enacted and took birth from the norms of the Instrument of Accession signed between Maharaja Hari Singh and Lord Louis Mountbatten, the first governor-general of free India. The instrument concedes only three subjects -- defence, foreign affairs and communications -- to the Government of India, while retaining all others as per the Delhi Agreement.

So, blame it on your leaders who were responsible for your loss.

Kashmir belongs to all who live in Kashmir and those pandits who were driven out. What we are debating is who is allowed to administer those rights to Kashmiri people. India got those rights through Instrument of Accession of Jammu and Kashmir state to the Union of India. You guys broke the stand still agreement you had with princely state of J&K which was ruled by Hari Singh. Maharajah Hari Singh agreed to accede to the Dominion of India only after that. Article 370 was enacted and took birth from the norms of the Instrument of Accession signed between Maharaja Hari Singh and Lord Louis Mountbatten, the first governor-general of free India. The instrument concedes only three subjects -- defence, foreign affairs and communications -- to the Government of India, while retaining all others as per the Delhi Agreement.

So, blame it on your leaders who were responsible for your loss.

read and learn

go read up on hyderabad and junagadh then come back and speak.

I live in hyderabad and we don't have any problem being part of India.

oh boy do i have to educate you on everything?

Hyderabad State (1948–56) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

operation polo i am sure you have never heard of it even.

basically what Patel and Nehru wanted was an exercise in land grabbing regardless of the wishes of people residing on it.

anyhow go through the 27 pages of this thread and get upto speed with it. can't tutor you

oh boy do i have to educate you on everything?

Hyderabad State (1948–56) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

operation polo i am sure you have never heard of it even.

basically what Patel and Nehru wanted was an exercise in land grabbing regardless of the wishes of people residing on it.

anyhow go through the 27 pages of this thread and get upto speed with it. can't tutor you

It was Nizam who was against union with India, not the majority of his subjects. I had teachers who showed me wound marks which were result of the atrocities committed by razakars who were hired goons by Nizam to subjugate his constituents. These teachers from our school were involved in Telangana agitation against Nizam of Hyderabad in 1940's. These razakars were brutal and their brutality was only revealed recently. I heard about these atrocities back in 70's from these teachers who were involved in kicking Nizam out. I actually learned more from these history lessons from these teachers than from actual books.

exactly my point.

Seeing as I am not Hindu, allow me to speak for myself.

The land you live on, I have equal right to. Claim to.

That does not negate your right or claim.

But you chose to deny me mine.

That is the basic angst of Partition.

Cheers, Doc

Seeing as I am not Hindu, allow me to speak for myself.

The land you live on, I have equal right to. Claim to.

That does not negate your right or claim.

But you chose to deny me mine.

That is the basic angst of Partition.

Cheers, Doc

but that issue was addressed by the rule of the thumb, majority rule. All predominantly hindu areas remained in India and muslim majority areas were given to Pakistan. Except Kashmir

well that is the gist of it. you can't always make everyone happy. but you can satisfy the majority.

BUT then the redcliffe line messed up the whole seemingly smooth transition that could have happened.

you might disagree,but i personally feel it was still alot smoother than it would have been if it hadn't taken place when it did but each to their own.

View attachment 30866

Today after 8 decades of self inflicted denial the Hindu majority of India have finally ratified the two nation theory for themselves, by themselves on the democratic ballot box without compulsion or coercion. A resounding victory for the Hindu nationalist leader Narendra Modi indeed is a new chapter in South Asian history. For his Hindu nation he represents a strong leader, for Muslims of India he remains the butcher of Gujarat with blood on his hands.

With his fundamental support coming from the right wing Hindu camp of the BJP being sufficient for such a victory, the BJP did not care about the Muslim vote for the first time ever. They were simply sidelined as no effective election campaign was mounted to attract the Muslim vote. This electoral segregation will have a deep imprint and strategic implications on Indian social makeup of the future. Since the Muslim vote is not included, their participation in an overwhelmingly BJP govt will cease to exist.

For Pakistan it marks the end of an ideological battle spanning 8 decades. This is a victory we must celebrate, as our historic pretext has dawned into the day of correctness and approval. Visionaries who coined the two nation theory saw this day coming 8 decades ago. Its because of their genius, connection to our past, hard work and sacrifices that we Pakistanis today see the dawn of a day which proved us 'historically right' from this side of the border. It also therefore proves that the struggle of our ancestors for independence was both historically correct and strategically right, henceforth the long treacherous journey, that has tested the Pakistani time and again, has been worth it.

What tomorrow holds for India's Muslim is unknown, though for us we can finally rest this debate and move on with our nation building, knowing that our struggle had been righteous despite the tact of Gandhi and Nehru in order to convince our forefathers to the contrary. Those who asked us for proofs and ridiculed us, themselves have democratically ratified the robustness and righteousness of our historic narrative.

Let it be a source of humility and confidence for the Pakistani, as those who conspired to mislead our march in the past, today find themselves marching willingly and proudly along a parallel route, the same route our ancestors had created. Today we can safely write this for the historians that the future of sub continent was shaped by none other than our ancestors.

"The truth can only be delayed"

Aeronaut.

I hope and pray..the two nation theory to be more stronger day by day..Good Luck to you.

you can't always make everyone happy. but you can satisfy the majority.

15 million people had to move in the first wave.

2 million were killed.

The largest migration in recorded human history. The biggest genocide since the second world war.

We are still fighting, and never stopped fighting. And in all likelihood never will.

I don't know which majority you think was made happy.

thank-you-jinnah-fb-cover-photo1.jpg

As I said on Twitter, the Pakistani pseudo-liberal, post-nationalism, India-Pakistan are one, Pakistan shouldn’t have existed, disband/reduce the Army crowd are going to suffer a major setback with this BJP landslide win.

Most of them won’t change their minds, but their attempts to expand their base are going to be severely impacted. Try telling the average Pakistani, knowing what he/she does about Modi & the BJP, that India-Pakistan are one & Army should be rolled back & that Pakistan has no reason to exist.

Wajsal asked me not to open old threads with one liner troll posts.

did He also request you?
Depends on the thread. This one is just as relevant now, given the results of the Indian election, as it was when it was created.

As I said on Twitter, the Pakistani pseudo-liberal, post-nationalism, India-Pakistan are one, Pakistan shouldn’t have existed, disband/reduce the Army crowd are going to suffer a major setback with this BJP landslide win.

Most of them won’t change their minds, but their attempts to expand their base are going to be severely impacted. Try telling the average Pakistani, knowing what he/she does about Modi & the BJP, that India-Pakistan are one & Army should be rolled back & that Pakistan has no reason to exist.

It doesn't really matter. Such perceptions, and their opposites, will be shaped more on the economic front rather than any rhetoric on either side.

Back
Top Bottom