What's new

India v Pakistan at Birmingham, Jun 4, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of the responses from you guyz are hilarious, who is to blame here? i dont think its a single factor
first of all: Poor selection, including poor selection of management and coaching team above all, all the coaches should be local who understands the condition and manner in which asian players may best be prepared,
secondly almost lowest exposure of our players to international cricket, i would rank the level of exposure even below bangladesh and zimbabwe, since we havent seen international cricket in our own country since long time; i dont even remember the year anymore,
thirdly if you want sarfaraz to be successful as a captain, keep azhar and hafeez away (they are not performing to standards; limit them to tests only)
shehzad has become dead meat since long, i dont know how he gets selected ever time, same goes for wahab riaz as well?
start afresh team, only keep the performers.....
i was never hopeful from the clash yesterday, its a matter of entirely different class now

Well I looked at our stats for 2016 and PSL 2016/207 League and it is quite clear who were the inform performing Batsmen

View attachment 401495

It is not that difficult to pin point your best inform Players by using statistical Tools
  • Kamran Akmal
  • Umar Akmal
  • Salman Butt (44 , 4's in domestic League)
  • Shahzid Hasan
  • Afridi (Officially retired player)

We choose Hafiz ?
Who scored inning of 0's and 2's and sub 10 runs on most accounts

View attachment 401497

If Wahab Riaz is tired or needs rest give him time to so he can work on his bowling theer are other bowlers

Mohammad Amir was Ranked #11 in PSL

Pakistani Team's problems are associated with ignoring the "PERFORMING players" and always opting for brand name players

HELP ME FIND MOHAMMAD HAFIZ ON THIS LIST !!!!!

The problem it seems is neglect of talent who is performing players with high strike rate and high run ratio
u cant chose ODI team based on domestic T20 league performance. In Indian team also many player ( gambhir, Raina, Uthappa) who did well in IPL were not selected in ODI team

We are being unduly harsh on the Pak cricket team. They have suffered 9 nine years of isolation in terms of domestic cricket and it is certain that that kind of isolation is going to have a lasting impact on quality of cricket/cricketers. English clubs banning from European football in 1985 for 5 years had a similar impact on English football- it took them almost a decade to recover.

Regards

Now everyone will be saying this and that selection was not right, which is easy to say after a team has lost. I think other than Wahab Riaz, no other selection was wrong, as this is the available talent the team has. I was never really confident about Babar despite the hype around him and i was expecting Azhar to perform with the pressure of captaincy no longer on him, that is what happened. I think Sharjeel is a big loss for Pak as he could have smashed the balls all around the ground to bring the run rate down.

I would say Pak needs to play with most of the current lot(especially the youngsters) to give them more experience and exposure and build them instead of punishing them for not performing.
we had heard a lot about Babar .. but he could not perform well.

Havent followed Pak cricket team lately- but would it make sense to bring back Afridi, Misbah and Younis into the squad. They cant be any worse and possibly would have a stronger head. Any experts here would like to opine?

Regards

One of the worst performances by the Pakistan team, I am sure the schoolboys playing in Pakistan cricket would have put up a better challenge, Pakistani cricket needs to change its strategy from playing defensive into aggressive mode, the whole structure of Pakistan cricket needs to change to challenge foreign teams.

Havent followed Pak cricket team lately- but would it make sense to bring back Afridi, Misbah and Younis into the squad.

No bro, let these old horses die now. All of them are 38+ (Misbah 43), they're done and dusted.

Hopefully this beat down will wake them up and help them get serious.

Your single brain cell seems deactivated, know the facts from fiction....your basanti will tell you a thing or two about stumps. :lol:

421986-asadraufMIDDAYWEBISTE-1344939808-687-640x480.jpg
HaHa enjoy your photo fest.

We are being unduly harsh on the Pak cricket team. They have suffered 9 nine years of isolation in terms of domestic cricket and it is certain that that kind of isolation is going to have a lasting impact on quality of cricket/cricketers. English clubs banning from European football in 1985 for 5 years had a similar impact on English football- it took them almost a decade to recover.

Regards

They really criticizes their cricketers very hard. They abuse them on social media and even attack their houses. So they are unable to play freely. They do all mistake in a degree of pressure which they can not handle. Actually pakistan team is not so bad as they played against India. Because of this pressure, 2 of their fast balers decided to get retired hurt. Had they been hit for some 20 22 runs, people would have abused them like anything.

I think now Pakistan will stop asking for bilateral series with India for a few months.

They really criticizes their cricketers very hard. They abuse them on social media and even attack their houses. So they are unable to play freely. They do all mistake in a degree of pressure which they can not handle. Actually pakistan team is not so bad as they played against India. Because of this pressure, 2 of their fast balers decided to get retired hurt. Had they been hit for some 20 22 runs, people would have abused them like anything.

Simply put, they are not on the same planet in terms of jigar, aggro, talent.

Everything else simply skirts the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom