What's new

Featured India Uncovered its secret "GHATAK" drone: Stealth deep strike capable

That's what I have said. This is a testbed in the form of a foam RCS aircraft with a RCS engine going a tax test. Not even airborne.

Then in years to decades to be made into a prototype to evaluate and be a testbed for the actual technologies because only then will it be the actual intended size.

Right now it is like a 1:10 scale model of the would be prototype. It is not even close to prototyping.

How can this thing be a testbed of anything except the aerodynamics.

It isn't testing the weapons systems because it is the size of a dining table right now as a 1:10 model.

It isn't testing the avionics and electronics for sensors because again those real things don't fit.

It isn't testing the engine. BTW to suggest Manik engine is going to power the final product means the final product is like 1/3 the size of GJ-11 which uses a non-afterburning WS-13 engine which is around 15 to 20 times more powerful than the Manik engine. So clearly either this drone is intended to be similar to a quadcopter in size and role so basically what it is now but with more powerful and heavier sensors than a quadcopter can use. Or it is not using Manik engine as its intended engine.

My dear friend it is testing avionics

Prokion said in this thread that manik engine is used for this but I guess he's referring to the testbed.

If they are using Kaveri eventually that makes more sense. Kaveri program has not finished development and India wants France to either complete Kaveri program for India or simply use M88 for everything that Kaveri was intended to be used for, where permitted.

View attachment 817045

So basically to summarize this program, it is at the 1:10 model testbed where even though none of the planned avionics are ready and being used on this testbed, they still pretend to have antennas everywhere despite it not even being a prototype. I don't know why they would put fake antennas on something that is a very small scaled "testbed" where the antennas required would still be unknown for the eventual prototype which isn't even developed. Also no idea what the purpose of taxiing test is for a testbed that is so scaled down to show off as if it's some sort of prototype which it is certainly not.

What India has here is a RC plane testing the aerodynamics, with no intended weapons suite or sensors suite developed at all... not even a prototype or even a flying testbed and Prokion is telling Pakistan to cry. Lol.
Yes, I said that this particualar prototype is powered by a manik engine I didn't said that the end product would be powered by this same engine. Well atleast we have something ongoing what does Pakistan has under testing which is similar to this thing?

There are so many projects going on simultaneously that I am worried about prioritization at this point.
  1. Ghatak
  2. AMCA
  3. Tejas MK2
  4. LCH
  5. Rustom-2
  6. TEDBF
It would be smarter to start merging products wherever possible like asking the Navy to opt for Naval-AMCA, open the floor to private players to assemble the Tejas MK2, Rustom-2, and LCH.

Yes, I said that this particualar prototype is powered by a manik engine I didn't said that the end product would be powered by this same engine. Well atleast we have something ongoing what does Pakistan has under testing which is similar to this thing?
We already made a ucav

No, it is not powered by manik. It has a russian 36 KN engine.

We already made a ucav
Yeah, we also made rustom. But this is stealth UCAV.

Stealth UCAV, probably for SEAD/DEAD

Back
Top Bottom