What's new

India to Supply Myanmar Army with 500 TATA Safari STORME GS 800 4X4 SUV's / General Service Vehicles

Easy really. The Pakistani car market is not large enough to justify setting up a manufacturing plant. Annual car sales are less than 100,000 - it's just not cost effective.

But if you look at the motorcycle industry, sales are crossing 100K mark. Companies are beginning to set up manufacturing (like Yamaha did recently).

Baby steps.

Thats not the correct logic. Pakistan market is quite big but its monopolized. Countries fraction of Pakistan size and developing, like Thailand,Malaysia and even Indonesia are automobile exporting hubs.

First thing in producing a car is steel. Look at what thugs of PMLN and PPP have turned Pakistan Steel into? A dust bowl. This is a question of priorities, not size of market.

lol atleast we dont see maruties and ambassadors in our roads.

I hope not. I want to see car made in Pakistan on our roads .

Look at Turkey. In the past 12 years, it has developed its auto industry to such standard that its exporting to Europe. Turkey exported more $8 billion of cars in 2012 (or 2013!).

Thats not the correct logic. Pakistan market is quite big but its monopolized. Countries fraction of Pakistan size and developing, like Thailand,Malaysia and even Indonesia are automobile exporting hubs.

First thing in producing a car is steel. Look at what thugs of PMLN and PPP have turned Pakistan Steel into? A dust bowl. This is a question of priorities, not size of market.

I hope not. I want to see car made in Pakistan on our roads .

Look at Turkey. In the past 12 years, it has developed its auto industry to such standard that its exporting to Europe. Turkey exported more $8 billion of cars in 2012 (or 2013!).
Why would Nawaz want a working KSM... He's got stakes in the business with almost every project being supplied by Atefaq Steel mills owned by Nawaz ? Or the sugar mill mafia?

If Chinese cars, with better access to technology and better manufacturing, are cr*p, think what Indian product will be. Despite what Indians say in their jingoistic style.

No, I know what is correct. Pakistan's car market is small. Just go and look at PAMA car sales statistics. Those countries have domestic monthly car sales that are close to what Pakistan sells domestically in a year. Thailand for example sold 850,000+ cars last year alone!

So yes, even though those countries are a fraction of our countries size, our auto market is a blip against theirs.

Companies have to have financial justification to set up car manufacturing - Pakistan's automobile market doesn't provide that yet. Look at the current players in the market at the moment - even they don't have complete domestic manufacturing in Pakistan.

If Chinese cars, with better access to technology and better manufacturing, are cr*p, think what Indian product will be. Despite what Indians say in their jingoistic style.

Despite what you say in your usual pathetic style, Indian made cars are being exported around the world. For instance, just check with Mexico which has just imported 100,000 Indian built cars...... from a single manufacturer.

Our products are being exported to several foreign countries.BTW can you name one technology in automotive field that India doesn't have access to,but China have ?

Italian Mountain Rescue (CNSAS) Jeep on parade

800px-2june_2007_569.jpg

f46z24x.png

Total of 1000 TATA Xexons sold to the Myanmar military

eAxyaaE.png

Will be offered TATA Kestrel when it's finished development
I have to say - the future of Indian defense exports lies in private hands. The Govt is just not able to do it.

I have to say - the future of Indian defense exports lies in private hands. The Govt is just not able to do it.

It terms of exports, it sure is. You wont see companies like OFB give two fucks about export, they dont even seem to care about the quality of their products half the time.

It's good the government is now letting the restrictions fall in this sector, even starting to fund private R&D developments. Would've loved this to happen 20 some years ago, but better than not at all I guess.

Last edited:
It terms of exports, it sure is. You wont see companies like OFB give two fucks about export, they dont even seem to care about the quality of their products they produce half the time.
Its because the salary of everyone working in OFB is assured regardless of whether they work or not.
And bad quality because of very low automation vis-a-vis other's ....thanks to unions.

It is high time that Govt stops making OFB's expand their factories and instead give out open tenders for ammo and other manufacturing...that would make private companies set up their own ammo manufacturing plants. And they would epxort as well.
It's good the government is now letting the restrictions fall in this sector, even starting to fund private R&D developments. Would've loved this to happen 20 some years ago, but better than not at I guess.
Yeah. The private defense exports jumped 6 times of the last financial year in just 9 months of removing restrictions!

Defence exports by private sector increase six-fold after policy changes - The Economic Times

Back
Top Bottom