What's new

India To Supply Arms, Helicopters To Myanmar To Counter Militant Outfits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking "arms" is just the munitions for the helicopter....does Myanmar really have any need for regular small arms?
Yes.. may be bro... Local munitions production is far exceed what they need.. but in here , What type of Heli supported by India..? if it's HAL Rudra , may be India provided ready-to-use package ( vehicle + its munitions ).. and one more thing interested in is advanced weaponry and gadgets.. may be personal used small rader or something like NVG which is made in India..? how do u think ..?

You didn't get the subtle massage from this pic which @Skull and Bones posted for. P:)
I've never gotten a subtle massage in my life.

Yu will be cleaning Indian $hit so you should charge India for that. Look how much PK is making in war on torror thing. India will pay anything for doing their dirty job.

I doubt we'll be doing much of anything tbh.

Not to sound cynical but the military sometimes does this to get some free gear but then does little in response. They did this in the 70's with the US war on drug when we got some free Hueys and they did this before with India in return for some T-55's :azn:

Free or Not.....we will do Anything for our brothers in Burma.....Our friendship is more accurate than Brahmos & more silent than Nuclear subs!

What are the helicopters India is thinking of sending?

I think we should give some soon to be inducted Apaches to check our common enemies....whose name start with B!

Free or Not.....we will do Anything for our brothers in Burma.....Our friendship is more accurate than Brahmos & more silent than Nuclear subs!

I think we should give some soon to be inducted Apaches to check our common enemies....whose name start with B!

lol No Apache but Mi-35 might be.

5679cd71b7e60d6cdf0085d5e9db4023.jpg

Yes.. may be bro... Local munitions production is far exceed what they need.. but in here , What type of Heli supported by India..? if it's HAL Rudra , may be India provided ready-to-use package ( vehicle + its munitions ).. and one more thing interested in is advanced weaponry and gadgets.. may be personal used small rader or something like NVG which is made in India..? how do u think ..?

All sounds good. I am in favour of giving Myanmar just about anything it feels it needs and has use for.

I think in following months we will see more details and also probably some joint operations against the militants in border areas etc....like the one in mid 90s when you pushed them out from your side and we had a wall of lead ready for them when they came to us :P

Dear Brothers of Burma,

These weapons are a gift from India to our Brothers of Burma.

Hope you use them with lethal effect.

Also, please feel free to use them against lungis residing in your neighboring country on your western side.

Also, please feel free to ask for a nuke or two if the target/s are the cities of lungis.

Thank You,

One of your many brothers,

arp2041

What are the helicopters India is thinking of sending?

I think it will be Rudra to begin with and if the relationship progresses than i forsee offering of Rudra+ LCH to Bangladesh, Vietnam, Myanmar, Afghanistan etc

I would hope the Rudra but I'm not convinced it would be. The Rudra is a very advanced peice of equipment so the transfer might just be some Cheetals, maybe a Mi-35?

I would be VERY surprised if the LCH was being offered for export before it had even entered Indian service. I know many nations are interested in it but I don't think any have actually commited to it as of yet.

I think it will be Rudra to begin with and if the relationship progresses than i forsee offering of Rudra+ LCH to Bangladesh, Vietnam, Myanmar, Afghanistan etc
The Rudra/LCH would be good for Vietnam and Sri Lanka but I doubt BD would be interested and Afghanistan will likely receive more and more IAF Mi-35s as they are phased out in preperation for the induction of the AH-64E in just 2 years now. I would like to see the ALH/Rudra or LCH in Afghan service, this family's credentials in high altitude operations are stellar and would certainly help the ANSF in their high altitude areas but I remain skeptical of their ability to support/maintain them in the long term, India would really have to hold their hand.

I would hope the Rudra but I'm not convinced it would be. The Rudra is a very advanced peice of equipment so the transfer might just be some Cheetals, maybe a Mi-35?

I would be VERY surprised if the LCH was being offered for export before it had even entered Indian service. I know many nations are interested in it but I don't think any have actually commited to it as of yet.

The Rudra/LCH would be good for Vietnam and Sri Lanka but I doubt BD would be interested and Afghanistan will likely receive more and more IAF Mi-35s as they are phased out in preperation for the induction of the AH-64E in just 2 years now. I would like to see the ALH/Rudra or LCH in Afghan service, this family's credentials in high altitude operations are stellar and would certainly help the ANSF in their high altitude areas but I remain skeptical of their ability to support/maintain them in the long term, India would really have to hold their hand.

I would prefer the Hind actually. A Rudra would be an unfamiliar type and in small numbers the logistics maybe impractical. We already operate Hinds so it would be a good fit. Even some Hips would be welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom