What's new

India to make F1 debut in October next year

Benny, first of all, there arent going to be thousands of jobs. Apart from the unskilled labor used during construction, I dont think running a F1 race wont need more high-skilled folks than say a regular international cricket test match or the IPL series.

I also agree about this being a business opportunity and it will definitely put India on the world map. But for me, it will also be another reminder of the stark disparities in our country.

Anyway, I dont want to play the spoilsport for the F1 fans here. For your sake, I hope it comes out well and you guys enjoy it.

You are not aware of how much people gets involved in various stages of such a huge event.

Promotions, conduct, marketing, publicity, ground staff, private security,media , suprevisiors, technical officers, PR, etc etc .. It will more than 10000+

You are not aware of how much people gets involved in various stages of such a huge event.

Promotions, conduct, marketing, publicity, ground staff, private security,media , suprevisiors, technical officers, PR, etc etc .. It will more than 10000+

I hope you're right.:)

I hope you're right.:)

Yup.. i maybe

Also a bit of information Malaysia economy benefited by about RM1.5bil during the F1 week. Dont you want our country get some revenue too???;)

Thanks dude. You saved me from these bloody F1 haters .:D

Im sure the Noida ground will be world class including the cricket stadium. :cheers:

Yup mate...the cricket stadium has a capacity of 100,000.The track is the second fastest.

2011 FIA Formula One World Championship calendar:

13/03 Bahrain
27/03 Australia
10/04 Malaysia
17/04 China

08/05 Turkey
22/05 Spain
29/05 Monaco
12/06 Canada
26/06 Europe
10/07 Great Britain
24/07 Germany
31/07 Hungary
28/08 Belgium
11/09 Italy
25/09 Singapore
09/10 Japan
16/10 Korea

30/10 India
13/11 Abu Dhabi
27/11 Brazil

Its quite popular in Asia and its evident.
:thinktank:

Last edited:
One more elitist sports but good for india's economy and soft power.cheers.

13/03 Bahrain
27/03 Australia
10/04 Malaysia
17/04 China

08/05 Turkey
22/05 Spain
29/05 Monaco
12/06 Canada
26/06 Europe
10/07 Great Britain
24/07 Germany
31/07 Hungary
28/08 Belgium
11/09 Italy
25/09 Singapore
09/10 Japan
16/10 Korea

30/10 India
13/11 Abu Dhabi
27/11 Brazil

Robbie,

Doesnt it feel good to see India in that list? ;)

Jay pee Sports city

India’s First Urban Integrated City with:

Motor race track for holding the 1st proposed F1 race in India

Go-karting facility

Stadiums for various sports with related facilities

Commercial Zone having India’s first ‘Central Business District’ (CBD)

comparable to international downtowns having a Financial Centre with business offices, restaurants, convention & exhibition centers etc.

Entertainment District having Civic Centers with convenience & contemporary amenities having a mixture of commercial / retail / residential uses. Also featuring signature buildings, cultural & civic arts centre with modern infrastructure.

Cultural City Centre – A devoted world class centre for India / International Art, Religion & History.

Sports Centre comprising a Golf Course, an Equestrian Centre & other exciting Sports facilities.

Environment District which will be an eco-residential area with open space preserving natural environment, eco-retreats & hosting eco-activities.

Hi street retail formats

Hotels

Super Specialty Hospital

World class higher educational facilities, universities, medical centre, Research & Development Park

Variety of residential options ranging from low rise luxury apartments to high rise ones.

Pedestrian friendly open spaces

Own power plant & sewage treatment plant

Also a bit of information Malaysia economy benefited by about RM1.5bil during the F1 week. Dont you want our country get some revenue too???;)

Not just money which is matter here

the Automobile industry would also be benefited with R&D
more facilities developing for the support of F1 will help Indian automobile industry

Good Luck to India.Its really good to see such races coming to south asia.

13/03 Bahrain
27/03 Australia
10/04 Malaysia
17/04 China

08/05 Turkey
22/05 Spain
29/05 Monaco
12/06 Canada
26/06 Europe
10/07 Great Britain
24/07 Germany
31/07 Hungary
28/08 Belgium
11/09 Italy
25/09 Singapore
09/10 Japan
16/10 Korea

30/10 India
13/11 Abu Dhabi
27/11 Brazil

Er.....Singapore too

Well this is a very good development and makes me proud. However frankly have never followed a F1 race in my life till now. May be i will get to know more about it from now on.

Not sure if this is good for our automobile industry since desiwalas go for mileage rather than speed.

Back
Top Bottom