What's new

India to lose Trillions in COVID-19 Pandemic

Ohh come on....that can be said about every economy...Germany should have completely cut off any contact with China in early February and being the top boss of EU could have strong armed other countries to do the same#

Don't get me wrong, I'm equally critical of my own government which has been so relaxed for 2 months and literally did nothing to take effective measures. Why we waited till mid-March for any proper action is beyond me.

Govt's emphasis is right now on the unorganized sector...have not heard what its gonna do regarding the organized sector

Yes that makes sense to focus on the un-organized sector first in India.

In BD it was easy as the bulk of manufacturing is in garments where hundreds of thousands would have lost jobs imminently without the government paying their salaries to their employers. As these people are from outside Dhaka one of the reasons behind this decision may have been to stop them going back to their villages all over BD and hence spreading the infection to every corner of the country.

Yes that makes sense to focus on the un-organized sector first in India.

In BD it was easy as the bulk of manufacturing is in garments where hundreds of thousands would have lost jobs imminently without the government paying their salaries to their employers. As these people are from outside Dhaka one of the reasons behind this decision may have been to stop them going back to their villages all over BD and hence spreading the infection to every corner of the country.
As long as there is demand once the lockdowns are over, there will be not many layoffs. But at this point it's unpredictable. Either way, 2020 is a goner, a year wasted over pandemic. Unlike the swine flu pandemic, this time the countries seems to be panicking. This will have a long term impact like that in 2008.

As long as there is demand once the lockdowns are over, there will be not many layoffs. But at this point it's unpredictable. Either way, 2020 is a goner, a year wasted over pandemic. Unlike the swine flu pandemic, this time the countries seems to be panicking. This will have a long term impact like that in 2008.

I am not sure whether there will be long-term consequences as long as this lasts no more than 3-6 months.

All that is happening is that the bulk of the world economy has been shut down to protect the vulnerable(old and sick) from death.

Once the restrictions are lifted then most of the lost demand will likely come back and over time the world economy will be somewhat close to the level it would be if this never happened.

INDIA. IS. DOOMED.

Might have to cancel the new pricey toys: the Dassault Rafales

That's is quite possible. Production of the aircraft is already affected by the coronavirus. But that's not just limited to France/Dassault. The F-35 testings have also been halted. This may lead to either reduced production or bring it to halt altogether.

That's is quite possible. Production of the aircraft is already affected by the coronavirus. But that's not just limited to France/Dassault. The F-35 testings have also been halted. This may lead to either reduced production or bring it to halt altogether.
F-35 has already been a disastrously expensive programme. It's time to just upgrade existing systems and/or focus on 4.5-gen fighters if we must. In Britain's case, I think we are doing fine so there is no pressing need for F-35Bs, but that's up to the government and MoD to decide.

You are expecting too much from world's largest hypocrisy.
We'll see if the Opposition cares enough for the well-being of the population and the economy or do they turn a blind eye to Modi's wastage of precious funds.

It seems all sectors of Indian economy would be hit due to the lock down to stop the spread of COVID-19 in India.

Millions to lose their jobs. Industries losing 30% -40% business, laying off the employees.

Still we won't go begging to IMF for more loans only to pay the installments for previous ones :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom