What's new

India to launch spy satellite Thursday!

Bond

Reaction score
India is all set to launch a home-made remote sensing spy Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT 1) from the spaceport of Sriharikota in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh on Thursday.

"The spy satellite would be used for disaster prediction and agriculture forestry as well as for defense purposes. The satellite has been made by ISRO. It will be launched using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV),"

The satellite can see through clouds and fog and has very high- resolution imaging .
Good Luck ISRO.

574699_10150723038443071_87167763070_9426510_1276084870_n.jpg

I agree keep it up. make an self sufficient military industry.
a strong India is a MUST, you're needed to counter USA as a only superpower.
you have my backing :cheers:

We have much bigger concerns to bother about instead of bothering about America.

India has been very busy recently.:smokin:

Yeah man. With our kind of neighborhood, we can't afford to sit free. :P

In fact, if you noticed most of our folks here complain about the late wake-up call taken by government.

ISRO is in a different league of its own though; the only government agency that goes about its business with lightning speed. :)

I just pray that the IRNSS and GLONASS access open up for our military soon. The former is our own global positioning system while we're partners with Russia in GLONASS.

Yeah man. With our kind of neighborhood, we can't afford to sit free. :P

In fact, if you noticed most of our folks here complain about the late wake-up call taken by government.

ISRO is in a different league of its own though; the only government agency that goes about its business with lightning speed. :)

I just pray that the IRNSS and GLONASS access open up for our military soon. The former is our own global positioning system while we're partners with Russia in GLONASS.

Any idea if IRNSS constellation launch has started yet? As I thought it was meant to start by end of 2011.
Can any one tell doesn't we have SPY sat before? :undecided:

Yes RISAT-2 was launched in April 2009 which was Israeli tech. Need was felt after 26/11 to have this launched first as RISAT-1 wasn't ready at the time but urgency was needed.

Now we are self reliant in making the spy satellites,now the large areas of our hostile regions will be in our radar.How much is the life span of this satellite??
All the best ISRO and DRDO for your further projects.

Back
Top Bottom