What's new

INDIA TO BUY 12 RUSSIAN ADVANCED S-400 AIR DEFENSE SYSTEM: SOURCES

Again your subterfuge?
Non functional link?

I am going to Ignore you man. Not once, but twice you gave a false link.
You are misguiding PDF members with your false agenda favoring India with deceptive tactics employed.
@waz
@WebMaster
@ashok321
Are you an idiot?
pdf.png

If the above link is down or if it is not displaying the data, then what can I do? Go and first educate yourself on SCIMAGO and then we will talk.

Last edited:
Hi @CriticalThought
It is very imprudent to formulate your opinion based on your very very limited interaction with some guys at tech mahindra. In order to fully appreciate India's technical prowess you need to visit cities like bangalore, pune and institutes like IITs.
Now of course, India at present can not in any way be compared to US in terms of scientific research-Period! But India does feature in at least top 5-7 countries in terms of research.
http://www.scimagojr.com/countryrank.php

I am sure you're aware of scimago, go there(I have posted the link for your simplicity) and look for latest data, I am sure you'd find India at No.5(whereas Pakistan wont be in top-40 or 50). In order for you to understand whatever I am writing here, I will divide India's research into two broad areas-
1) Research Papers &
2) Patents i.e creation of intellectual property rights.
The scimago data will verify #1. However for #2, you need to go to India's patent office website. And if you do this excercise you'll find that nearly 50,000 patents were filed at IPO in 2012-2013. Of course not all of them were from indian entities. India has registered strong growth in patent filing(8-9% per annum), however this pales in comparison to china--which is the most aggressive filer in the world!

http://www.wipo.int/ipstats/en/statistics/country_profile/profile.jsp?code=IN
http://www.wipo.int/ipstats/en/statistics/country_profile/profile.jsp?code=PK
These links are from WIPO
In the links above you can clearly see that India can be ranked in top 10-15 countries in creation of intellectual property as against pakistan's ranking of close to 60+.

Here is a link that will give you a brief idea about the patents filed by Indian pvt companies-
http://www.livemint.com/Companies/1...ology-companies-sharpen-focus-on-patents.html
Again these figures pale in comparison to Chinese giants like ZTE etc, however they cant be just written off as you seem to think.

I want to bring your attention to the fact that it was sometimes in mid 2000s that Indian govt gave a huge push to creation of intellectual property. Just for the sake of motivation, have a look at the number of patents filed by HAL in pre-2010 era and have a look at their patent footprint in lets say 2017? What does it suggest you?
http://www.financialexpress.com/ind...-year-against-two-in-2012-rk-tyagi-hal/35711/

Similarly DRDO and ISRO filed patents in hundreds if not thousands. It takes years of research and experience to design a flawless weapon. India sure has issues with quality, but those will improve with time,my friend!
This is not just limited to Indian companies, A lot of foreign MNCs that have their R&D centers in India file a lot of patents from their Indian offices. For instance Texas Instruments filed close to 700 patents in 2013-2014 from their bangalore office(2nd highest patents filed after their american R&D centers)-- How do I know it? Well, they came for college placements and hence showed all the statistics.

To cut a long story short, can you please point me to truly world class papers published by Indian authors from Indian universities without any involvement from foreign collaborators?

The truth is, before you can perform world class research, you need world class problems. You need a deep understanding of what has already been accomplished in the world, and what needs to be improved. Simple as this may sound, amazingly enough you need world class professors to have this kind of knowledge. What are some truly world changing problems that India is working on?

@ashok321
Have a look here,
pdf2.png

To cut a long story short, can you please point me to truly world class papers published by Indian authors from Indian universities without any involvement from foreign collaborators?

The truth is, before you can perform world class research, you need world class problems. You need a deep understanding of what has already been accomplished in the world, and what needs to be improved. Simple as this may sound, amazingly enough you need world class professors to have this kind of knowledge. What are some truly world changing problems that India is working on?
Hi dear @CriticalThought
I am fully aware of what you're saying, as a researcher myself I totally agree with the methodology you have suggested above. Now you are either totally ignorant or just like poster above you think WIPO and SCIMAGO are farce. Let me simplify things for you.
India is a vast country with plethora of technical and applied sciences institute that churn out millions of engineers every year. But what about the quality? Well, sadly the quality of Indian technical education is bad to worse in colleges outside our IIT-IISc system(baring a few exceptions though!). Also most of India's quality research in STEM comes from institutes like IITs,IISc,IUCCA,TIFR etc. In most IITs, the pre-requisite for the PhD degree is that you should have at least one journal paper in top rated journal-in my dept it happens to be AIAA or IJC. So when you make the degree directly contingent upon publishing paper in "international top rated journals", then the quality improves automatically. But since this has been implemented quite recently, it will take some time to have drastic effect in terms of volume of quality.
As for the professors, I need not stress again, nearly 60-70% professors in IITs-IISc system are Btec from either IIT/NIT or decent state level colleges and PhDs from institutes like MIT,caltech,TAMU etc . In fact the criteria in first 5 IITs is such that in order for them to even consider your application, you need to have PhD from at least 5-IITs and post doct from abroad. The latter criteria is strictly mandatory.
Now you should also take a look at the quality of research produced by professors of IIT-IISc system. Since it is a fact that you can not become a faculty without having your paper in top rated internation journals, nearly every professor has a plethora of papers in AIAA,IEEE,IJC etc etc, in fact some even have multitude of patents under their belt.
Some the areas where we(and by we I mean the dept I have taken my courses or have friends working on) are working on-
1) Optimal Control
2) Sliding mode control
3) Intelligent Control(Deep learning,Reinforcement learning,Neural nets)
4) Extended Bifurcation analysis of fighter jets
5) Swarm control
In fact my professor along with his advisor pioneered the use of #4 on a host of aerial vehicles. In fact his student combined #2 and #4 together and the paper was published in AIAA(https://arc.aiaa.org/doi/pdf/10.2514/1.56361).

Now some of these particularly #1 and #2 might seem decades old(at least 2 decades old), however when combined with other schemes can result in fairly modern solution worthy of being published in top notch journals.
Also in case you need more papers published by our professors in top notch journals do let me know.

Last edited:
More begging no making.
When will India MAKE something? Why everything is begged from other countries? Is there are no schools in India?
Very sad! very very pethetic state of India. All Indians must be ashamed.

You could've done PhD on the Russian stuff along with Israeli stuff. Doesn't change the reality. The reality is, let's say if Syria was a Test like the one's you've done, and you had an Israeli missile system like the Barak or anything else, vs. the S-400 and the S-1000000......the result of such test would be the same, that the only system working and doing damage to the offensive party, would be an Israeli system. The Russian system, would prove to you that it seems functional, but it just doesn't detect anything and no Missiles go off to a target as there is none detected. So this is as real of a test as it can get :enjoy:.

My advise, buy what works and has been proven against freaking Rockets (let alone much bigger and easy to identify Missiles). Have you ever wondered? If you take all conflicts in the past say 40 years, all across the world, many countries involved in conflicts had Russian missiles.....in all 40 years, what did they shoot down? Like 15 allied jets? Wow, that is "some" record if you know what I mean :yahoo:. Such a waste of dozens of billions of dollars!
so in short what your point wise guy ? :azn: cause mine is we work as a team not in isolation and use all assets togeteher to get the best results to confuse the enemy as to what hot and from where .. whats yours :haha:

so in short what your point wise guy ? :azn: cause mine is we work as a team not in isolation and use all assets togeteher to get the best results to confuse the enemy as to what hot and from where .. whats yours :haha:

Every military today is focusing on doing it....what's the big deal if you are finally catching up to where the world is? Thanks to uncle Sam for all the help, never seen you people say one tiny thank you to us to bringing you into the 21st century :usflag:

Every military today is focusing on doing it....what's the big deal if you are finally catching up to where the world is? Thanks to uncle Sam for all the help, never seen you people say one tiny thank you to us to bringing you into the 21st century :usflag:
he he he what a joker :haha: :omghaha:

just have to arm pakistan with cruise missiles to take out s400.

10 CJ-10 will do the trick

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom