What's new

India successfully test fires Astra missile third time in a week

H-4 . But I am not sure if it is a BVRM or a BVRB

Yes, that is a BVR missile built by pakistan, but the design is a modified design of the South African Denel T-darter beyond visual range (BVR) air-to-air missile. I meant 99% ingenious bvr missile. Also it is a copy or a Pakistani variant of the Denel Raptor II glide bomb. Even pakistan has said that is is bvr bomb, which is less complex.

Sources: Wikipedia

That could also shows......first test could not give result and then second test and then third test.........Akhar koi to Nashaney par lagey ga........:P

Three consecutive tests were planned from the beginning, the first one was guided, the second with a seeker and the third was interception at a higher altitude.

Yes, that is a BVR missile built by pakistan, but the design is a modified design of the South African Denel T-darter beyond visual range (BVR) air-to-air missile. I meant 99% ingenious bvr missile.

Well, No idea who and how the missile was built. I just heard a rumor of its existence in the early 2000's.

i really hate all the deals whatever you mentioned. but what happened is happened. and i dont want to see anymore weapons from US for our defence forces(because the bitter we tasted in the end of last century cant be forgetted for another few decades.

you are referring to GlavKosmos saga or sanctions post 1998?

you are referring to GlavKosmos saga or sanctions post 1998?

sanction. hey dude glavkosmos saga is a deal between ISRO and russia na. then what US did there.i cant understand. can you explain pls or can you give some refer sites.

That's Prithvi-II missile.

TOI showing a Prithvi as Astra . There must be some race for the most dumb newspapers in defence reporting and Indian ones will surely win .

Read the caption .......This is epic....:rofl:

TOI showing a Prithvi as Astra . There must be some race for the most dumb newspapers in defence reporting and Indian ones will surely win .

I was also wonder what plane on earth can take off with such a huge missle and those idiots didnt even realised that the missile is going vertical.. :hitwall:

I was also wonder what plane on earth can take off with such a huge missle and those idiots didnt even realised that the missile is going vertical.. :hitwall:

Even if they mistook a vertically launched Prithvi to an inclined launch astra , what amazes me is how these dumb journos couldnot differentiate between a BM and an AAM , shows their quality.

sanction. hey dude glavkosmos saga is a deal between ISRO and russia na. then what US did there.i cant understand. can you explain pls or can you give some refer sites.

US pressurized Russia not to give Cryogenic technology to India

Third Astra launch too a success

The launch of Astra, India’s air-to-air missile, for the third day on Monday from a static launcher on the ground at Chandipur, Odisha, proved to be a success. The flight-trials on December 21 and 22 from fixed launchers were equally successful.

On Monday, Astra manoeuvred at 22g (gravitational force) and intercepted an electronic target with 6g. The three triumphs in a row have paved the way for its launch from an aircraft next year. While Friday’s launch too was against an electronic target, Astra destroyed Lakshya, a pilotless target aircraft, the next day.

“It is ready for air-to-air launch,” asserted S. Venugopal, Project Director, Astra, on Monday. He attributed the success of the launches to a young team of engineers of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), aged between 25 and 35 years. They did it by striking “a balance among the stability, controllability and agility of the missile, its vehicle dynamics, control algorithms and on-board technology,” Mr. Venugopal said. “They have developed some of the best technologies for Astra. No country in the world has demonstrated such a successful system in three consecutive launches.” The Astra launched last week and on Monday was a totally reconfigured vehicle. “The configuration is absolutely new. Everything has been changed,” he said. While the earlier Astra weighed 300 kg, the present one weighs 168 kg and is 3.8-metres long.

After three more ground-to-air launches next year, Astra will be fired from aircraft such as Sukhoi-30 MI, MiG-29 and the Light Combat Aircraft, Tejas, DRDO officials said. It can be launched from different altitudes and the distance at which it can kill an enemy aircraft depends on the altitude from which it is fired.

The Hindu : Today's Paper / NATIONAL : Third Astra launch too a success

Don't know about the authenticity of the news, but according to Wikipedia, Astra intercepted a modified Prithvi-II missile which mimics the aircraft having 1 sq m RCS.

Don't know about the authenticity of the news, but according to Wikipedia, Astra intercepted a modified Prithvi-II missile which mimics the aircraft having 1 sq m RCS.

How is that even possible ??

The news I posted report astra intercepted a Lakshya

Back
Top Bottom