What's new

India successfully blasts off supersonic missile assisted torpedo

Such type of missiles are polluting the already very polluted atmosphere of India.
Lahore & Karachi pollution. Am I joke to you? :lol:
Navy has dedicated satellite

Rukmini was able to network about 60 ships and 75 aircraft seamlessly. Rukmini has a nearly 2,000 nautical mile 'footprint' over the Indian Ocean Region

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
The replacement for 7, the 7R is also going to be launched soon.

Last edited:
So on dedicated India defense forum each and every India defense related thread has to be trolled...... good keep it up

You want us to take you seriously?

Let's start with the image in your handle...really...

Don't lose your sleep on this. Nothing unusual.
Join the discussion.

With all due respect - I am calling BS on this.

This is for IT coolie Bhakt consumption only and exists only in some coolie's fertile imagination.

I cannot fathom why we'd take this as serious evidence of India "inventing" a new way of inserting torpedos in a belligerance scenario when all we have is a TEL launcher footage of some idiot going "Vun...taw...Plus vun...Plus taw."

There is no footage of separation of torpedo from supersonic vehicle, no deployment footage of parachute showing the torpedo slowing down before insertion into water. I am sure these would've been crucial to the agency creating (and evaluating) the performance of the vehicle. And these have nothing classified as content. P-8's routinely drop torpedos like this.

iu

But all we have is ...well, Nothing...(sound of deflating whoopee cushion).

Waste of four pages of bandwidth.

Now we know why Hindus in Bangladesh are suffering. Bangladeshis that even escape to America for the good life cannot get over their Hindu hate. Making fun of a Hindu god is the only way you can soothe insecurities of your own identity and the filthy upbringing you probably experienced.
Their whole existence is based upon Hindu bashing.

You want us to take you seriously?

Let's start with the image in your handle...really...

I don't want anyone to take us seriously.... I just want not to each and every India defense related thread to end the way it ends normally..... we are ultimately here to discuss defense related matters not poverty.....

About image on my handle for me it's my lord my belief.... I'm not forcing it on anyone here....

And how will u detect a submarine 650 km away? If from a close by asset then why not fire it from that asset? Its only use case is if an asset detects a submarine and locate it but is out of ammo or no other nearby assets that can deploy a torpedo.

ASuW P-8I can detect and locate a submarine but may not be always carrying torpedoes. In such a situation, the SMART can be launched from upto 650 km away, with the submarine location provided to the SMART ground launch station by the P-8I via Satellite comms.

ASuW P-8I can detect and locate a submarine but may not be always carrying torpedoes. In such a situation, the SMART can be launched from upto 650 km away, with the submarine location provided to the SMART ground launch station by the P-8I via Satellite comms.

So you spend billions for a scenario that may happen? There is something called usability and it seems this is not much useful. Anyway spend as much as u like lolz.

So they took the 1960’s ASROC concept and made their own version of it. It makes sense from a coastal perspective

you may want to confirm that range - a 650km weapon with a torpedo is absolutely useless against submarines. The whole idea of an anti-submarine rocket is that you are able to get a torpedo into the target area within a minute or so where it then goes into a search pattern looking for a submarine.

A supersonic weapon is still taking more than a few minutes to get to an area which means the sub can evade and deploy countermeasures making such a use-case USELESS everytime.

Even if a P-8 is constantly updating this weapon(still doesn’t make sense why you need it in the first place when the P-8 has onboard systems which would be much more effective on their own) the sub could potentially continue to evade such systems. It makes more sense as a saturation weapon that a P-8 could potentially cue to force the sub to make a rash maneuver and put it within the idea kill box for a P-8s own weapons.

But what is the use case? IN has excellent ASROC systems already on its destroyers.
Again I think, people are not able to read the writing on the wall.

As we know in the last decade with the help of Japan, India completed its SOSUS in the Eastern seaboard,,, and in Phase 2 to lay SOSUS between Kochi and UAE/Oman. And Phase 3 is about connecting Kochi with Reunion Island. Also the construction of survey vessels for DRDO was for the same purposes (if people are not paying enough attention to it).

I leave it at that, people are smart enough to figure out what it is for.

Again I think, people are not able to read the writing on the wall.

As we know in the last decade with the help of Japan, India completed its SOSUS in the Eastern seaboard,,, and in Phase 2 to lay SOSUS between Kochi and UAE/Oman. And Phase 3 is about connecting Kochi with Reunion Island. Also the construction of survey vessels for DRDO was for the same purposes (if people are not paying enough attention to it).

I leave it at that, people are smart enough to figure out what it is for.
So this SOSUS is accurate to a 100m2 search box on its own that it will cue this weapon to get to it?

The Japanese must have made massive strides in studying sound propagation to get this good.

Back
Top Bottom