What's new

India steps up Afghan troop training

Just one attack on indians in Afganistan, and everythign is finished....!!! (i mean we should prepare for the Worst, and offcourse plan for the Best)

Definitely India needs to plan its role after the withdraw of US/NATO, Pakistan will not have any problems if Indian activity in A'stan is for peaceful purposes and India have to define its policy for Talibans now its clear in future Taliban will be in power and i heard (not confirm) that some Taliban groups also invited to Bonn conference.

I didn't know that Indians are more professional or well trained than US military trainers when it comes to ANA training. :lol:

You are Most Probably Jealous that Afghan National Army Is seeking Training from Indian Army :chilli:

On Topic : With Troops Training , India should Also Consider Providing Afghan With Radar Systems and Weapons Systems Such as Pinaka MBRL , Field Guns , Some Upgraded Tanks Plus India can Also Offer Afghanistan Intermediate Jet Trainer Sitara !!

Afghanistan needs to be independent. It cannot afford to be an Indian ally, Pakistan will not allow that, increasing turmoil in the region.
GOI's aim should be helping AF to stand on its own two feet. Nothing more.

In addition AF needs a strong economy and education for its masses.

I didn't know that Indians are more professional or well trained than US military trainers when it comes to ANA training. :lol:

Nothing new. IA is training 1000s of soldiers and officers in some of its elite schools like , mountain warfare, jungle warfare, IMA,Heli training etc. Yes, some US soldiers get trained in IA schools as well like CIJWS . ANA will connect with IA more easily than having a translator in between to translate things. IA has schools for all terrains and tactics now.

Excellent development. Training of the soldiers are more important than providing equipments. 30000 is quite large number. I hope India will open a large, modern military training camp in Afghanistan itself.

I don't think Taliban will be able to control Afghanistan. Disruption is easier than controlling. However if they do, that should be complete shutdown for Indian engagement in Afghanistan. Indian people will never allow their government to work with Taliban.
Definitely India needs to plan its role after the withdraw of US/NATO, Pakistan will not have any problems if Indian activity in A'stan is for peaceful purposes and India have to define its policy for Talibans now its clear in future Taliban will be in power and i heard (not confirm) that some Taliban groups also invited to Bonn conference.

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/fromndtv/216277[/video]

Specially from 8:35.

I liked the point of the guy who is on the phone, for sending some trainers inside Afghanistan which could train in large numbers. Plus the good thing about Indian training is, Indian forces have sufficient knowledge of controlling and giving a hard punch to militants which we need such trainings too.

I liked the point of the guy who is on the phone, for sending some trainers inside Afghanistan which could train in large numbers. Plus the good thing about Indian training is, Indian forces have sufficient knowledge of controlling and giving a hard punch to militants which we need such trainings too.

@Sher Malang
Just to let you know: some Afghan cadets passed out at the 121st POP (Passing Out Parade) at the NDA, Khadakvasla yesterday. They will now go on to become young officers in the ANA. The reviewing officer at the POP was Gen. Mohammed Abdul Mubeen COAS of the BD Army. So that was an unique occasion for the co-operation that is taking place between India and her neighbours.

is this a joke? the afghans already get their training from the US as it is. why dont indians help japan with their electronics industry? why don't india help china with infrastructure? why dont india help russia in developing nuclear weapons? these indians really think they are something great HA HA

they simply do not get it -- no one needs their help. it is quite the opposite in reality.

who do these indians think they are fooling? trying to help others when they neither have the capacity nor adequacy to do so. these indians are even more foolish than i had originally thought.

afghani soldiers are just going to laugh. :disagree:

is this a joke? the afghans already get their training from the US as it is. why dont indians help japan with their electronics industry? why don't india help china with infrastructure? why dont india help russia in developing nuclear weapons? these indians really think they are something great HA HA

they simply do not get the message -- no one needs india's help. it is quite the opposite in reality.

india should help themselves instead of trying to help others when you neither have the capacity or adequacy to do so. these indians are even more foolish than i thought.

Really? Dumb and dumber as it gets! :P

they simply do not get it -- no one needs their help. it is quite the opposite in reality.

india should help themselves instead of trying to help others when they neither have the capacity nor adequacy to do so. these indians are even more foolish than i had originally thought.
^lol we were invited to train ANA, after all we are friendly neighbors. why are you getting so butt hurt?

@Sher Malang
Just to let you know: some Afghan cadets passed out at the 121st POP (Passing Out Parade) at the NDA, Khadakvasla yesterday. They will now go on to become young officers in the ANA. The reviewing officer at the POP was Gen. Mohammed Abdul Mubeen COAS of the BD Army. So that was an unique occasion for the co-operation that is taking place between India and her neighbours.

That's cool, can you share some photos/video?

Afghanistan should be free of foreign influence. India stands with the Afghan people.

Back
Top Bottom