What's new

India’s One Basket Diplomacy

Presently India supports the party which is not acting in the best interests of BD. Indian attitudes should also change and they should adopt a laissez faire approach to the region.

I think India is working with a party that was elected by the people of BD. What else do you expect?

I would think the majority of BD people decided with their ballots what they wanted. India has not forced who governs them.

I think India is working with a party that was elected by the people of BD. What else do you expect?

I would think the majority of BD people decided with their ballots what they wanted. India has not forced who governs them.

@ AL govt has not come to power by the people,s mandate that you have to understand. It has come to power through twisted mandate and conspiracy. Whole administration of Moin U Ahmed manipulated the election since he himself came to power illegally.

@ AL has lost the creditablity for liberating our country much much earlier. And the last successive results of 37 years reveals that. Basically the people of this area are by nature anti-India and it had lot of prove. Ofcourse there are lot of people who are Indian also but comparatively their no is much less. You cannot keep the pro-Indian lobby all the times in power. And there are lot of anti-Indian lobby in the AL itself.

@ How come India can think better for Bangladesh ? It always wants that we should remain under their clutches. From the very existance of our courtry it had conspired, presently it is doing it and will continue to do that till the last.

^^ Most of it seems to be your internal issues. You guys need to resolve them.

At least it is established that the AL did not come to power through free and fair elections.

if it is established then why the election commission of your country not rejecting the present government??

so far as the topic is concerned,I think alliances is a both way road.It is not India,but its neighbours who need smartening up.The present BD government is co operating with the Indian government,and has started a new era in in the Indo-BD relationships from which BD have gained a lot so far.I would like to see the next government in BD to carry on with same,if not more enthusiasm.

Foreign policy is one and the only policy in india on which all parties are agree and never changed it , no matter who wins the election...
toward BD indian policy is always friendly either Sheikh Hasina or khalida jia in office...

I agree that hasinas open support for india is a reason for lot of heartburn in BD. She should learn from pakistani politicians, stick to bargain in the background but do a lot of public posturing like India not respecting sovereignty, India is big bully etc.
That will win her some more votes too. A win win formula.

From india side, yes we need to cultivate relation with all parties. US govt maintains relation with BJP as well as congress.

so far as the topic is concerned,I think alliances is a both way road.It is not India,but its neighbours who need smartening up.The present BD government is co operating with the Indian government,and has started a new era in in the Indo-BD relationships from which BD have gained a lot so far.I would like to see the next government in BD to carry on with same,if not more enthusiasm.

I do not think BD has gained anything from this relationship. It is in BD's interest to seek closer relations with China.

I agree that hasinas open support for india is a reason for lot of heartburn in BD. She should learn from pakistani politicians, stick to bargain in the background but do a lot of public posturing like India not respecting sovereignty, India is big bully etc.

From india side, yes we need to cultivate relation with all parties. US govt maintains relation with BJP as well as congress.

if Sheikh Hasina winning elections with her friendly india stance , that directly means comman people in BD also agree with her...

Pakistan however also manages to secure its strategic autonomy while Bangladesh has to undermine its position to accommodate India. Both parties in BD should be wary about India and come closer to China.

I do not think BD has gained anything from this relationship. It is in BD's interest to seek closer relations with China.

why do you think so?? speaking at the light of recent developments??reasons for considering them futile,describe one by one...

Pakistan however also manages to secure its strategic autonomy while Bangladesh has to undermine its position to accommodate India. Both parties in BD should be wary about India and come closer to China.

Will not you lose autonomy if you go closer to china? Also how practical will it be for bangladesh?
If pakistan is any example, you should maintain good relation with both India and china.

I was talking about pakistan-US relationship in comparison.
End of the day, you still have to live in this neighborhood.

Foreign policy is one and the only policy in india on which all parties are agree and never changed it , no matter who wins the election...
toward BD indian policy is always friendly either Sheikh Hasina or khalida jia in office...

for bolded part-thanks for info

Back
Top Bottom