What's new

India plans to put a man on the Moon

Actually from what I read the US is looking and developing a couple of projects, including manned mars landing and manned asteroid landing and some very interesting projects. Moon to them is done.

The US isn't as done as people make it out to be, they are just in the middle of some incredible projects. Keep in mind, compare to NASA, China and India is like not spending at all.

@zootinali

The ISS has a life span, it's nearing it's end again, the US could try to keep it going, but as I said previously they are looking at other more advanced projects. The Europeans are also launching one so maybe their plan is continue their work on the European one while working on other projects.

The Chinese one is not as big and it's functions will be most likely more limited.

This is why I hate the US for not allowing us to work with them, we are reinventing the wheel. A lot of men power wasted on projects that's been done. One day when we do catch them, China would have lost valuable time that could have been used to further space exploration instead of just matching the current milestones.

Nup, the ISS is built to be modular. I.O.W it will never be nearing it's end.

thats what americans, russians and chinese did, the station was built later.
What do you need a station for, to get tea / coffee ? :)

To study dude. How you can live in zero gravity and on a space ship for extended periods of time. It does not seem to be of much use but later on when Humans will be going to near stars the mission going to be lasting years even decades. Even going to Mars would take 10 months. All that knowledge is required before undertaking such a mission. Even small things like How to do in space like mmm how to shave in space how to piss/poop in space how to cook in space how to brush how to exercise(you cant lift weights in zero gravity to exercise :P) how to have sex in space how to grow plants how to million other things everything has to be studied

how to have sex in space

164.gif
meditationf.gif
meditationf.gif

Without a station in orbit, what is the point of sending human into space !?

Touching ourselves & find out how it feels in 0 gravity ???

You need to follow the Indian way of exploring the space..

No way with gslv mk3,we need to have something this huge...

Saturn V - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Primary objective of ISRO moon mission is a 3ton spacecraft (ISRO orbital vehicle) which is autonomous and can carry two crew.. It can carryout a mission extending from 2-7 dayz and then re-entry.. So we want only a RELIABLE rocket which can carry more than 3ton..
Saturn program itself costs 5-6 billion dollars that time( 30-40billion adjusted to inflation now).. The total estimated cost of isro mission is below 2 billion..

Primary objective of ISRO moon mission is a 3ton spacecraft (ISRO orbital vehicle) which is autonomous and can carry two crew.. It can carryout a mission extending from 2-7 dayz and then re-entry.. So we want only a RELIABLE rocket which can carry more than 3ton..
Saturn program itself costs 5-6 billion dollars that time( 30-40billion adjusted to inflation now).. The total estimated cost of isro mission is below 2 billion..

Buddy,you are confusing Manned Space Mission with Manned Moon Mission

It's still a long time for india to have manned moon mission at least not before 2023.
But manned space mission can soon turn into reality. this is the reason all the fuss going on in ISRO and MoD. Even the manned mission in solely depends on the success of our GSLV Mk3(launch due in 2017), If this rocket become successful then a new dimension of Indian space program will open. :tup:

Ok good, india is progressing, but what this has to do with "Pakistani Affairs"?

@mods please move it to it's relevant section.

There is something like planning in advance; we cant wait to plan study till GSLV matures.

GSLV mk II will become mature in 2-3 years, I think and sources suggest GSLV Mk III will be available for mission in 2020.

Even GSLV Mk 4 won't be enough for this. A brand new system needs to be designed.

There is something like planning in advance; we cant wait to plan study till GSLV matures.

GSLV mk II will become mature in 2-3 years, I think and sources suggest GSLV Mk III will be available for mission in 2020.

I agree, it may take some 20 years to do it if we start today.

Back
Top Bottom