ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Wow. But give him props for openly admitting something. :D

BBC News - India minister Shivpal Yadav: 'You can steal a little'

_62173912_shivpalyadav&othersarrested(1).jpg

India minister Shivpal Yadav: 'You can steal a little'

A minister in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh has told officials that they could "steal a little", but should not be "robbing" public funds.

Public works minister Shivpal Yadav made the remarks while speaking to officials at Etah district.

Mr Yadav later said he was against corruption and that news channels had shown an edited version of his remarks.

The remarks have caused an uproar in a country which is witnessing a mounting campaign against corruption.

"As long as you work hard and get things done, you can steal a little. But this should not translate into robbery," Mr Yadav was shown on news channels as telling officials at a meeting.

Mr Yadav, who belongs to the governing Samajwadi Party, later blamed the media for filming the meeting without permission.

"Only an edited clip of my comments at the meeting is being shown on the news channels. I was actually discussing ways to check corruption at a meeting with district officials. I am resolutely against corruption", he told reporters.

Mr Yadav said his government had been elected on a pledge to curb "rampant" corruption under the previous government led by the Bahujan Samaj Party.

He said he had taken action against a number of corrupt officials, and it was wrong to think he was condoning graft.

A recent survey said corruption in India had cost billions of dollars and threatened to derail growth.

Don't steal the Government hates competition.

Actually it's fine, as long as you are a politician~

LOL... media really misquoted him... he intended to say....

- You can steal a little but do not get caught. You are an angel till get caught. :angel:

I think our guys need a educational trip to Pakistan to have a crash course on how to steal and end competition in stealing by setting a very honest distribution system to share the stolen treasure.
:\:rofl:

just like they are stealing Pakistani Water it seems a law in india where stealing considers not bad...

btw not surprised...

^^^ Mr. Javed you do not have any moral highground to atlk about us. You are from a country headed by Mr. 10%.:lol:

Take it easy and enjoy ...:cheers:

Come on guys, this is politicians we are talking about. Stealing is part of their job description.

I invite all of you to watch "The Distinguished Gentleman" by Eddie Murphy.

Back
Top Bottom