What's new

India Ignores US Calls For Russian Sanction, Will Go-Ahead With Submarine Purchase

Buy or lease ???
Anything but not the Kilos again.

Actually we should make this to an advantage for us! The sanctions and decrease of the Russian economy will make Indian fundings even more important to Russia, then they already are. The more countries decide to follow the sanctions, the less options for Russia and again the more imortant India will get. The reaction of Putin by banning foreign agricultural goods, which then must be imported from other sources of course. So besides the friendship to Russia, we also have an own interest here!

I have herd that many Russian arms companies are going to close,should we make a bid to buy them

The true friend has been arming China to the teeth since the 50's ( the same cooperation has not been extended to India and realized) and has no respect for democracy. Wake up

Any Indian having common sense know the depth of India and Russia relationship.
And China actually cheated the Russia by copying their technology.
In 1971 China was also inUS camp.

On topic:Are you kidding me?, joining with US for sanctions against Russia?
Russia can sanction us and paralyze our military equipments.And they are our friends.We need to remember 1971.

Last edited:
I have herd that many Russian arms companies are going to close,should we make a bid to buy them

I don't think Russia will be happy if we simply try to take them over, acutally they might be even happy if some of the burden from the Soviet areas would go away. But projects like FGFA or even more simple things like exporting Flankers and Migs will be an issue now. Russia will have it difficult to sell more Flankers, which already was not possible with Su 35s and 34s, but even the Su 30s will now see less interests, while funding upgrades can become an issue and many opertors that already have it, will look to India as a safe alternative for maintenance of for funding upgrades. We must take benefit from the Russians, by highlighting our importance for them in this case. And with even less available money for funding Pak Fa, they will need our money even more, so we must take advantage to get more advantages from them here as well. For example, why can't they buy Pak Fa's with Samtel / HAL MFDs, more Indian parts for the radars and other avionics from us? They surely can produce them too, but if we fund more and more commonality of Pak Fa and FGFA makes it more cost-effective then they should simply buy more things from us too.

I don't think Russia will be happy if we simply try to take them over, acutally they might be even happy if some of the burden from the Soviet areas would go away. But projects like FGFA or even more simple things like exporting Flankers and Migs will be an issue now. Russia will have it difficult to sell more Flankers, which already was not possible with Su 35s and 34s, but even the Su 30s will now see less interests, while funding upgrades can become an issue and many opertors that already have it, will look to India as a safe alternative for maintenance of for funding upgrades. We must take benefit from the Russians, by highlighting our importance for them in this case. And with even less available money for funding Pak Fa, they will need our money even more, so we must take advantage to get more advantages from them here as well. For example, why can't they buy Pak Fa's with Samtel / HAL MFDs, more Indian parts for the radars and other avionics from us? They surely can produce them too, but if we fund more and more commonality of Pak Fa and FGFA makes it more cost-effective then they should simply buy more things from us too.

Well can we buy a majority or even a minority stake in one of their Design Bureaus & learn from them how to develop defense Items from Engines to Missiles there are a lot of Design Bureaus from the soviet era in which we can invest & learn from them.

Well can we buy a majority or even a minority stake in one of their Design Bureaus & learn from them how to develop defense Items from Engines to Missiles there are a lot of Design Bureaus from the soviet era in which we can invest & learn from them.

As said, Russian government must agree on that, but moreover, with the attitude we have shown during LCAs development, by basically denying any involvement with Russian companies or techs, while anything western was good, I don't see us (at least the government owned indutry) to be so smart that they take over parts of Russian industry. I always wondered why HAL with their deep involvement with Russian industry has not pushed harder in that direction (@sandy_3126). I don't think the Russians would had allowed it, but before they included all the main Russian aero comanies, I thought Irkut or Yakovlev could had been pretty interesting for India. The close relations between Irkut and HAL on the MKIs, initially even incresed further through the MTA development, so taking over Irkut could had created a local partner for HAL under Indian control.

Any Indian having common sense know the depth of India and Russia relationship.
And China actually cheated the Russia by copying their technology.
In 1971 China was also inUS camp.

On topic:Are you kidding me?, joining with US for sanctions against Russia?
Russia can sanction us and paralyze our military equipments.And they are our friends.We need to remember 1971.

Are you blind? DId I say anything about joining US sanctions against Russia? Where did you get that from? From me?

China cheating Russia by copying their designs has done what exactly?NOTHING. Russia is still actively assisting China. Russia will look out for its interests only, not ours. We were forced to go to the Russian camp. Guess who played a vital role and took the lead in that? Pakistan! Due to us being narrow minded, lack of vision and strategic depth, slow in decision making, etc.....we didn't make a move to overcome Pakistan as usual. This is a common theme that has been going on for yrs!

China being in the US camp was by design. China still enjoys great relations with the West barring military relations due to the Tinammen Square incident.

Russia helps when it wants and does only at a level that pacifies our babus but not enough to change the status quo of the seller buyer relationship. Sure, there have great successes but there are major problems. Putting all out mangoes in one basket is a recipe for failure. Russia doesn't follow that, so why should we?

Americans can't be trusted. This is why Germany has its own military hardware ready for WW3 to take down the Americans :bounce: Typhoon, Leopard 2, U214, Sachsen baby

India simply cannot go along with US on this, they have invested too much with Russia and many project in the pipelines where India has invested a lot. India pulling out form one might force Russia to retaliate on other projects.

India simply cannot go along with US on this, they have invested too much with Russia and many project in the pipelines where India has invested a lot. India pulling out form one might force Russia to retaliate on other projects.
If you know , even in Iranian case , India only abide the sanctions imposed by UN and NOT by USA .
So India has never gone US way and neither will on this.
Plus Russia having Veto power so there wont be any UN sanctions.

Gud move by idea ..we have to make multi poller world again .. US role should be limited now...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom